[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maint

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited March 2017 in General Chat
dafuq? no news?

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited March 2017
    Hello, I'm just wondering if we could get an ETA on this update, because I'm so tired of seeing this message with almost every update/maintenance you guys do:

"[Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice."

If this game update goes into the daily resets, like many of the past updates have, I'm going to be pissed because it's hard enough as it is for people to do their dailies before the severs reset, but not knowing a ETA is just so annoying in general. And the sever resets for my timezone are at 6:00pm, they used to be 2:00 am.
    diegozapata24
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It's been extended until further notice.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20968/

I hope we get a completion stamp for today's attendance (why do they start an attendance on patch day when they know the patch maintenance would run at least until 9PM UTC?)
    Tuba
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    There are news
    [Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    [Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice.

Translation: Something occurred that will make this take longer.

There's no time estimate, because people just get pissy about the estimate(cause estimates are always an exact thing,right?) increasing by 30 minutes to an hour, very rarely two or more.

It'll be done when it's done.
  • 2Short2Post2Short2Post
    Reactions: 640
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

then 'twere well. It were done quickly.
  • SlugoSlugo
    Reactions: 830
    edited March 2017
    very rarely two or more.

I am assuming you haven't been playing maple for long? Maple has a history on maintenances being extended hour after hour sometimes 5-6 times. They have gotten better with it I will admit but gamers are like elephants we don't forget and we are slow to forgive.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Slugo wrote: »
    very rarely two or more.

I am assuming you haven't been playing maple for long? Maple has a history on maintenances being extended hour after hour sometimes 5-6 times. They have gotten better with it I will admit but gamers are like elephants we don't forget and we are slow to forgive.

That's what he's saying. When we get "maintenance extended by an hour" over and over, we get mad.
    So Nexon has decided to not give estimates at all. Lately all they've been saying is "extended until further notice." Sometimes it ends up being just 20 minutes, sometimes it's 10 hours. They don't know so they can't tell us. We all have to wait on the devs to figure out what's wrong and then fix it, however long that takes.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited March 2017
    I sure do love UTC. As of right now, we have less than 1 hour to do today's attendance and dailies instead of 7 hours. Great choice with continuing to do UTC, Nexon.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2017
    It's understandable since a whole new area is being added and the event hall issue is beijg addressed.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    Slugo wrote: »
    very rarely two or more.

September 2014. And I meant extensions ranging from 30 minutes to an hour, uncommon is an extension of two hours at once.

To break that down further, they seemed only to extend maintenance by 30 minutes to an hour at a time. There are few cases where a single extension was greater than an hour. But, as was said previously, people got pissy about the constant extensions, so now it's just "until further notice".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    I sure do love UTC. As of right now, we have less than 1 hour to do today's attendance and dailies instead of 7 hours. Great choice with continuing to do UTC, Nexon.

You were supposed to do "today's" dailies yesterday (in the 14 hours between reset and maintenance start).
    However, since the attendance wasn't in the game before the maintenance, we are going to miss that.

It's understandable since a whole new area is being added and the event hall issue is beijg addressed.
    That's what the scheduled 7 hours were supposed to be for.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    On the one hand, I hope they are extending this so that they can get things done the right way with minimal issues. On the other hand, this "maintenance has been extended until further notice" gives off a feeling of dismissal toward our concern. They could be a little more professional about communicating the status and if they plan on extending events as a result of this maintenance extension. We would like to know.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    I don't see why people are so caught up in missing a whopping one day of attendance. If you direct your attention rearward for a moment, you'll take note of the previous attendance event that just concluded.

In that it ran all damn February and had only two weeks worth of days. There was a fourteen-day buffer zone to make sure no one missed a day. Until such a time as we actually see the attendance calendar, perhaps cries of missing out on a single day should be kept to a minimum.
    On the one hand, I hope they are extending this so that they can get things done the right way with minimal issues. On the other hand, this "maintenance has been extended until further notice" gives off a feeling of dismissal toward our concern. They could be a little more professional about communicating the status and if they plan on extending events as a result of this maintenance extension. We would like to know.

Considering that "our concern" has historically been multiple threads crying about constant extensions, I'm sure you can see why they'd opt for "until further notice" messages.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2017
    Theyre probably just testing the server right now. Clean yer rooms take a shower in the meantime.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    I would rather have news saying 10 hour extension than none ^_^ im more concerned about no time than the extension itself :3
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited March 2017
    I don't see why everyone's getting so caught up in missing a whopping one day of attendance. If you direct your attention rearward for a moment, you'll take note of the previous attendance event that just concluded.

In that it ran all damn February and had only two weeks worth of days. There was a fourteen-day buffer zone to make sure no one missed a day. Until such a time as we actually see the attendance calendar, perhaps cries of missing out on a single day should be kept to a minimum.

I still need to kill hard magnus or i bought my reset ticket from kritias for nothing, Feelsbadman~
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Geminia wrote: »

You were supposed to do "today's" dailies yesterday (in the 14 hours between reset and maintenance start).
    However, since the attendance wasn't in the game before the maintenance, we are going to miss that.

That's what the scheduled 7 hours were supposed to be for.

Or they could just change the time back to PST like it had always been. Not even sure why this hasn't been done anyways as they made a poll asking players what time zone they preferred right after they changed it without telling anyone. Changing the time zones without telling players is stupid enough as it is, but asking for feedback from players and not using our feedback, is pretty dumb.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Considering that "our concern" has historically been multiple threads crying about constant extensions, I'm sure you can see why they'd opt for "until further notice" messages.

You act like people have no right to complain when they aren't satisfied with Nexon's way of doing things. You always rear your self-righteous head at these times, white shining armor donned, sword and shield in hand, ready to knock down any one who shows any level of dissatisfaction or discontent with this company. What you're going up against is human nature, and you're going to lose. The translation is this- that underneath the complaints are people who are passionate about this game and want to see real improvements.

Basically you're advocating a focus on the negative on Nexon's behalf, excusing them for supposedly responding to only the dissatisfaction of players and customers by restricting or punishing every one equally. Okie dok. You know what? Regardless of how much people complain, I believe a company should keep a professional attitude about such matters if they want to continue to do business. In fact, rather than dish out punishment or restriction for negative feedback, they should stay even more steadfast and work even harder to deliver amplified quality and reassurance to their players/customers.

The level of compliments versus complaints are a barometer of success to a business, pointing to the fact that they need to change things for the better, yet Nexon doesn't do much in the way of changing their practices when it comes to a lot of these issues, or they change them for the worse. So yeah buddy, you're gonna hear it from us 'till we see changes for the better.
    LinksMissingLordRedZeldaOfHyrule
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    In case anyone was curious, they updated the news post with more information:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20968/update-scheduled-game-update-march-1-2017
    [Update #2] We discovered an issue with our Login Server during the internal testing phase of today's maintenance. The issue is preventing all accounts from logging into the game. We are currently working on resolving the issue, which requires further extension of the maintenance. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!
    JettLuvsULinksMissing
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They can take all the time they need.
    I'd much rather play a stable MapleStory.