[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No temp bans? Bad GM support for Luna?

Legend98Legend98
Reactions: 410
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Right, Ima let you all know this is a rant, so if you cba reading through all of it, then I get it.

I've played Maple for 3 years now, and the other day I was told of a glitch where you can get yourself killed by monsters while upgrading arcane level so you can keep doing it. I did this from level 4 till 8. This costs about 100m mesos or so? In any case, I got caught and permanently banned. I tried to contact GMs about considering temporary banning me while removing all arcane level as this offense was due to pure laziness and not wanting to grind for 3 weeks straight but they said this was a SEVER issue and would be permanently banned (and the usual pre-written bs that they write.) Are temporary bans still a thing anymore? I'm just pretty annoyed how I've been legit for the past 3 years and do a minor glitch which saved me time of grinding (not even gained exp and lost mesos), where as those botters in FM, all over Leafre, wolf spiders, NLC, and more have yet to be banned/addressed.

TIP: If you are looking for elites to hunt, go to any of the following hacker maps: Kentaurus, West/east Colosus, which has hackers in every channel.

And the second thing I'm very disappointed is the lack attention NX has put on the spammers in FM. Literally would take a few seconds every day of a GM to go and ban all of them. I'm sure there are ways I can think of that will auto ban these botters, but it seems NX has yet to think of them. I'll leave a url of the video just showing what I'm talking about.

-Removed-

I doubt this will change Nexon's view of things, but I feel better about myself ranting.

Take care, love you all
JettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I'm going to hijack your rant and take it in a different direction.

The "die while using an item to gain the benefit without losing the item" glitch method has been used with so many different game items in the past. Each time, the glitch is fixed for that particular item, but there is never a global patch and there isn't even a note added to some pre-release checklist to make sure new items are not succeptible to this method.

Why?

Why is it that the exploiters and hackers keep a tidy list of known weaknesses in the game, and try them out on every new item (or NPC, or quest, or ... ) that comes out, but the developers don't have their own list of patched exploits to check new items against? The mods here don't like the word "incompetence", but what other word would you use to describe someone who keeps messing up the same way over and over? Maybe "consistency" is better.

consistencydemotivator.jpeg

Legend98JettLuvsUIvangoldZeldaOfHyrule
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I'm just going to say that as per universal enforcement of the rule, we don't allow reports on the forums. Please report players in-game or through the ticket system.
    Strictly speaking, any automated method of banning players will always impact legitimate players, which is a concern. Hence, no auto-ban system is perfect.

We can't help you appeal your ban here. I will point out, however, that abusing glitching in the code is considering exploiting, and is most certainly against the rules you agreed to.
  • Legend98Legend98
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I'm just going to say that as per universal enforcement of the rule, we don't allow reports on the forums. Please report players in-game or through the ticket system.
    Strictly speaking, any automated method of banning players will always impact legitimate players, which is a concern. Hence, no auto-ban system is perfect.

We can't help you appeal your ban here. I will point out, however, that abusing glitching in the code is considering exploiting, and is most certainly against the rules you agreed to.

I'm not reporting anyone anyone at all here, just pointing out the state of Maple for those who might be planning on joining Luna, that's all =)

I'm sure NX might be a little more willing to get in game once in a while if they saw pictures of it on forums.

And yes I do admit glitching but only a very small extent, but it shouldn't be punished on the same degree as exp/meso exploiters. I hope you can atleast agree with that.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Legend98 wrote: »

And yes I do admit glitching but only a very small extent, but it shouldn't be punished on the same degree as exp/meso exploiters. I hope you can atleast agree with that.

an exploit is an exploit. Whether it's big or small you broke the tos and you received the proper punishment for it.
    JettLuvsU
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    I agree with bumbertyr, sad to say but you broke the rules and must now pay the consequence. However, I will say that it is unfair that you got banned and countless other hackers have not. Almost every map in Mu Lung and Herb Town is filled with hackers too. Not sure what can be done about this though.
    JettLuvsUZeldaOfHyrule
  • Legend98Legend98
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

an exploit is an exploit. Whether it's big or small you broke the tos and you received the proper punishment for it.

I get I should be punished for it, but the fact its permanent for gaining about +400 dex, really? I know people who make 2-3billion a day just botting/exploiting and yet they receive close to no punishment.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

I get I should be punished for it, but the fact its permanent for gaining about +400 dex, really? I know people who make 2-3billion a day just botting/exploiting and yet they receive close to no punishment.

here's the difference though, you got caught in the act, they didn't :/.
    JettLuvsU
  • Legend98Legend98
    edited February 2017
    [quote="AlexandreFournier;36475
    You exploited a several flaw in the game, You got banned, and that's great. [/quote]
    I did not know autism levels could go so high...
    And bots aren't hard to track down since they stay in the same place for 24 hrs at a time. Unfortunately for NX, there's a new addition to botting that allows bots to turn invisible....
  • BrokenMSBrokenMS
    Reactions: 580
    edited February 2017
    if i remember, ban can go straight to perm. you can't keep thinking that ahh it's only a temp ban if i get caught but it's not .
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I'm just going to say that as per universal enforcement of the rule, we don't allow reports on the forums.

How odd. In a recent response (Feb. 20, 2017) I was told:

"You can also use out in-game report function by simply clicking on the button that looks like a siren right above the mana bar of your character, you can also report a player through our forums by simply using our "Report" button."

Still trying to find this report button xd.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    How odd. In a recent response (Feb. 20, 2017) I was told:

"You can also use out in-game report function by simply clicking on the button that looks like a siren right above the mana bar of your character, you can also report a player through our forums by simply using our "Report" button."

Still trying to find this report button xd.

I never posted on February 20th?
    8bXpXLT.png
    Perhaps you're confused.

The in-game report button was moved underneath the menu button (three horizontal lines).
    We removed the moderator contact forum (I.E. reporting via the forums), although that was a private forum and not visible to players anyway. Reporting publicly has always been against the rules.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited March 2017

TIP: If you are looking for elites to hunt, go to any of the following hacker maps: Kentaurus, West/east Colosus, which has hackers in every channel.
    Don't you go and give a crappy tip. Hunting botted elites gets you banned. My old account that I had for 7 years got perma-banned because of that so don't go and tell others to do it.