[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maint

Comments

• LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    They can take all the time they need.
    I'd much rather play a stable MapleStory.

ROFL. There's no such thing.

Xenon92
  • SlugoSlugo
    Reactions: 830
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Slugo wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    very rarely two or more.

It'll be done when it's done.
    I am assuming you haven't been playing maple for long? Maple has a history on maintenances being extended hour after hour sometimes 5-6 times. They have gotten better with it I will admit but gamers are like elephants we don't forget and we are slow to forgive.

September 2014. And I meant extensions ranging from 30 minutes to an hour, uncommon is an extension of two hours at once.

To break that down further, they seemed only to extend maintenance by 30 minutes to an hour at a time. There are few cases where a single extension was greater than an hour. But, as was said previously, people got pissy about the constant extensions, so now it's just "until further notice".
    So for about a 6-9 month period in late 2012 I believe they were extending EVERY maintenance 4-5 times with each extension being about an hour or 2. I am not hating on them and I think the until further notice is a definite improvement. As much as I would like to know when I can play, I would rather not have my hopes dashed 20 times. Nexon's communication has improved, we can only hope it continues because it still has a long way to go.
    JettLuvsUIvangoldZeldaOfHyrule
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    Would you rather be told you have roughly an hour to wait so you can happily go do other things and come back.

OR

Have no idea and worry about missing login.

Same goes if its extended, atleast you have a rough idea when it COULD be up.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    xMuramasa wrote: »
    Would you rather be told you have roughly an hour to wait so you can happily go do other things and come back.

OR

Have no idea and worry about missing login.

Same goes if its extended, atleast you have a rough idea when it COULD be up.

It's common business practice not to give an estimated time unless it is completely certain around a time the game will be coming back up. We do the same over at six flags when roller coasters have issues.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited March 2017
    They can take all the time they need.
    I'd much rather play a stable MapleStory.
    You really think the game is going to be stable after this one maintenance? rofllmaolollawllmfao
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The second update of information is what they should have used from the start, thanks @Neospector for pointing it out.
    What we truly want isn't time estimation or "we had to extend it", we want "We messed up this, we are working on that, those are all the error, may take some time"
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    they better be working on Follow The Leader and Codex :|
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

That isn't going to be fixed today, don't put dreams over reality, but we have to give them credit for trying to fix a lot of things, also they are bringing pet speed and range changes that we all wanted.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

[Update #2] We discovered an issue with our Login Server during the internal testing phase of today's maintenance. The issue is preventing all accounts from logging into the game. We are currently working on resolving the issue, which requires further extension of the maintenance. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!

source: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20968/update-scheduled-game-update-march-1-2017
  • TubaTuba
    edited March 2017
    NakazatoJL wrote: »
    The second update of information is what they should have used from the start, thanks @Neospector for pointing it out.
    What we truly want isn't time estimation or "we had to extend it", we want "We messed up this, we are working on that, those are all the error, may take some time"

Yes this should have been update #1: "We discovered an issue with our Login Server during the internal testing phase of today's maintenance. The issue is preventing all accounts from logging into the game. We are currently working on resolving the issue, which requires further extension of the maintenance. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!"

• TubaTuba
    edited March 2017
    Sorry for the double post my mistake.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    I hear that Nexon intended to remove the lag trio. So now Cassandra is running around casting curses at them. And that Maple Admin is swinging Gaga's briefcase like a weapon.
    JettLuvsUTubaNakazatoJLPhantomMasterThief
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2017
    Server down = great time to finally shower. Go shower.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    I hear that Nexon intended to remove the lag trio. So now Cassandra is running around casting curses at them. And that Maple Admin is swinging Gaga's briefcase like a weapon.

Cassandra cursed our servers...crap. I hated her anyway though.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017

Isn't just Maple Admin that give the lag(or msot of it)?
    I wonder how far the game will go without the need to actually recode part of it, since it's so buggy, and to think that more lines of codes can make it more buggy, it will be impossible to fix bugs at one point...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    [Update #3] We have identified the cause of the issue and are now testing the fixes internally. We anticipate that maintenance will be completed about 3 hours from now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Details for compensation will be provided once maintenance has completed.
    NigthLordSapiencia
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017
    [Update #3] We have identified the cause of the issue and are now testing the fixes internally. We anticipate that maintenance will be completed about 3 hours from now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Details for compensation will be provided once maintenance has completed.

:(
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

>3 hours from now
    >doesn't post time when Update 3 was made

And I'm not blaming you for that, Neo, I know it is how it's posted.
  • diegozapata24diegozapata24
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    No news? What happen? Please, tell us something!
  • NigthLordSapienciaNigthLordSapiencia
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    You are on planet Earth and not in the PERFECT planet. Wait a few hours won't kill anyone.