[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crashing at login screen since v180

YaranzoYaranzo
Reactions: 800
edited February 2017 in Tech Support
Havent been able to play since patch v180.
Game always crashes at login, if not server select, if not before, during or after I enter my PIN.
It's fvcking ridiculous how long Nexon allows this to go on for,
without officially addressing to the people experiencing the issue.
Guess they can't address what they can't fix.

In addition, at all the people giving out advice regarding waiting for memory to reach 350~400mb then 550~600mb or whatever mb,
I have tried waiting at many possible "mbs" pairing in different combinations up to the amount of tolerance I was willing to give.
Furthermore, the origin of this "fix", or at least for some people, did not even originate from Nexon.
Someone on YouTube came up with the fix and people passed it around on Reddit.
Players should not need a fvcking computer sciences degree just to play a pg13 game.
As the whatever "mbs" seem to really depend on the strength of people's personal computers,
it almost seems as if Nexon introduced RNG to the login system - this is fvcking ridiculous.

I am usually well tempered when it comes to these kind of issues,
and I try to believe in the best possible explanations before involving myself,
but this is beyond reasonable.
I have not been able to play the game for well over a month now,
and Nexon has not addressed anything regarding the issue.

P.S.
If you wish to leave comments such as "well you can just quit and get a life",
I do have a life, but I also make and edit Maplestory videos on Youtube as a off-time hobby.
My channel have been forced into inactiveness due to this log-in issue that has been neglected and perhaps will be neglected for a good few months more.
MekKeyan the Evan

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Sadly, for all too many bugs, the workarounds discovered by players are more effective than the ones offered by Nexon. If Nexon even offers any workaround. Or fixes the bug.

The launch/login issue seems to be very sensitive to one's specific setup (both computer and network). Presumably, in Nexon's testing lab, it doesn't happen at all.
    Which doesn't excuse their not saying anything about it, and not fixing it after so long. They might be trying stuff that's just making things worse: after every maintenance we have people complaining that "everything worked up until yesterday, but now the game keeps crashing at channel select" or similar.

Unfortunately, this is the competence level of the company we have to rely on if we want to play Maplestory. Not much you can do but keep trying workarounds offered by users, or variations on them, and wait for a miracle to happen. Or quit.
  • R0bbinUrHoodR0bbinUrHood
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    I have been having major problems with this too. Looking at the windows logs it appears that, at least in my case, it may be due to a stack buffer overflow problem once maple gets to the character selection screen.

In the last 10 days, despite trying all the tricks different people recommmend, I have maybe managed to log into a char twice or three times out of 50+ attemps. Now I try to login 3 or 4 times a day and if it wont work I save time and frustration and go play another game which amazingly works every single time without crashing EVER since I bought it recently. Its not a freemium rip off. It's great fun and value. The only thing this other game lacks is the social element and that is actually the most annoying thing about not being able to log maple recently.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I think i'm on the verge of quitting for awhile, I can't even log on 90% of the time because of these stupid crashes, my only way of income in the game is ruined by this, as it requires me to log on over 60 characters for Dojo, and I just hate the fact I could be doing something... if it weren't for this damned issue I would be.

Nexon; my advice is, instead of taking out a log in function, make it so you can log in in the first place, instead of updating the game and adding new content; make it so people can even play your game to enjoy that content, even if it takes days, I do not care, i've been wanting a fix for months.

Not once have I been this pissed off in the 7 years i've been here.

Sorry for the rant, but, I just hope Nexon will see this and maybe say something about it.
    Yaranzo
  • YaranzoYaranzo
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2017
    I can't log on 100% of the time.
    I got an idea,
    instead of having all these spell trace events, sengoku high events, marvel machine events,
    how does a "Log-on" event sound?
    Just to give some suggestions:
    During the event period (lmao), players can log onto the game without any friction,
    and will be able to play the game without any crashes or patches fixing imaginary issues.

Schedule this event how bout dah
    Keyan the Evanruth02
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2017
    icant log to cause of crash .... error of bex... when fixed it staff dear of nexon.. is the unique game where me cause crash
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited February 2017
    I'm also experiencing this issue and cannot login.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10446/video-login-crashes#latest

I can't BELIEVE that they aren't taking this more seriously. People will not be able to spend money on their game if they can't log into it.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited March 2017
    After the maintenance that ended a little over an hour ago, I can't log in either, the game keeps crashing after it was updated, at the Region select screen every time I pick the region to play in. :(
  • JqnsonJqnson
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    the video is about the crashes when you start the game which have been there since merge kinda pathetic its not fixed yet but ye it is what it is anyway the current issue we have now is because the login server for luna is down which is why there isnt a ton of posts about it but yeah no one from europe should be able to login atm :)

http://maple.watch/#EMS-Luna
  • BlueOceanBlueOcean
    Reactions: 720
    edited March 2017
    Kommt irgend jemand ins Spiel? also ich nicht...man klickt auf spielen...dann wählt man America oder Europa...klickt Europa und es verscwindet einfach,
    es passiert dann nix. =( ..
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Try this to play.
  • R0bbinUrHoodR0bbinUrHood
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2017
    Definitely NOT fixed since the latest patches and maintenance. The only thing different is that now, for me, the stack buffer overflow causing the crash, occurs at the world selection screen instead of the character selection screen:

Faulting application name: maplestory.exe, version: 8.183.3.0, time stamp: 0x58b7dc3e
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000409 <================That code shows it is maplestory trying to write memory where it shouldn't. (Stack buffer overflow)
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0xdf0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d293705c2d2d8f
    Faulting application path: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\maplestory.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: fe4d734f-d85d-494d-af81-0e29b391b70f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

EDIT: I have now been able to login and succesfully switch characters too. Will keep an eye on things to see if the error keeps recurring or is (mostly) solved.