[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

BFF Event

DrJacobDrJacob
Reactions: 200
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Hello all,

I'd like to bring about the recent changes on the BFF event. I know there is another thread on this event, but it is filled with negativity and irrationality from both sides. As a senior mapler, I'd like to state my opinion: I am not supportive of the extreme reduction of the event's monster park exp. Yes, I admit, it was a bit unbalanced, but that does not justify the utter destruction of the event. Now it is essentially worthless and obsolete to participate in the event. The whole purpose of the event was to bring players together. With a patch like this, they have only succeeded in dividing players (as clearly shown in the other thread and reddit) and creating another useless Mr. Lee Airlines again.

I say, there should be an increase to the rates, as of now, it is TOO LOW to even be considered worth the time to spend. But, not to the caliber of before. A nice in between, maybe 1 or 2 levels per run, REGARDLESS OF level (meaning, you should be guaranteed a level or two regardless of current level). This way there is a clear incentive to participate. There is so much potential to this event, but I can't stand it when Nexon wastes it like they've wasted on many things before.

I'd like a thread where we can discuss things in a civil manner, without striking down others. Remember, we all play this game, let's play fair.

Comments

• ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You said the event was too broken before, but you want a guaranteed level-up PER RUN regardless of level now?
    That would make it far MORE broken. 1-250 would be doable in a day under your proposal.

I personally think the exp would have been fine to leave as is if it wasn't for unlimited entries. Being limited to 10 times per day would add the needed balance to the mob exp. What's broken is the ability to do it unlimited times per day + the mob exp scaling. People were not even participating in the event as intended. They didn't attempt to complete the content, or even do the content with random players. They just mass-reject until they find their partner and ditched the content immediately after the monster park section.

Hell, those of us that wanted the coins were out of luck because we would get rejected immediately by people surfing the match-making for their partner.
    JettLuvsUAgent_DragonfuryZeldaOfHyruleKeyan the Evan
  • DrJacobDrJacob
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    You said the event was too broken before, but you want a guaranteed level-up PER RUN regardless of level now?
    That would make it far MORE broken. 1-250 would be doable in a day under your proposal.

I personally think the exp would have been fine to leave as is if it wasn't for unlimited entries. Being limited to 10 times per day would add the needed balance to the mob exp. What's broken is the ability to do it unlimited times per day + the mob exp scaling. People were not even participating in the event as intended. They didn't attempt to complete the content, or even do the content with random players. They just mass-reject until they find their partner and ditched the content immediately after the monster park section.

Hell, those of us that wanted the coins were out of luck because we would get rejected immediately by people surfing the match-making for their partner.

I'd say a limit of 10 runs is reasonable if players are willing to work for it. But, playes should have to work for the entry by doing a large kill quest + log in timer or something of that sort. That way, it takes quite a long time to achieve the maximum 10 runs. Each added run could be a +30 minutes log in.

Also, for 200+ I feel that the exp should be capped. What I meant that the exp gained should be equal to 1 to 2 levels WORTH and scales until 200. I apologize for making things unclear and leaving points out, as I was in study hall when I wrote my original post.

I agree that there definitely was a problem with people being able to essentially select a partner, and I think that with the requirements, it passively discourages players because of how long it takes to get an entry. Might as well make it inescapable until the quest ends.
  • NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    edited March 2017
    Eh, no, the event is not worthless because we get coins we can use in a shop for Epic Potential Scrolls, Honor, Boost Trait Potion and stuff. There are also some neat cosmetics and chairs. Once you get everything you need from the shop you can still gain Synergy LV6 items, which are x2 experience and drop for an hour (with added power) for what was rarely more than a 10-15 minutes work, which is a pretty good deal in my opinion (stock up what you will use in your main and mules). They even stack in a single inventory space and while they don't have a shelf life higher than a month, it is still a whole month of x2 experience and drop. Also the event still gives some experience, even if it is not superior to training.

We've got a good attendance check event too, with actual good rewards this time. We got gifted ability circulators and coupons as well. We will get a neat hot week the next week and a lot more of events with nice rewards. Haste event is running right now which is nice no matter how you see it.

I cannot say that Nexon is ignoring us event-wise just because we cannot hit LV200 in a night anymore.
    Agent_DragonfuryJettLuvsURainbowGalAKradianZeldaOfHyruleKeyan the Evan