[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Don't count boss entries until AFTER it's defeated

MayetalaMayetala
Reactions: 1,520
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Has this ever happened to you?

You go in to fight one of your daily bosses, buff up, summon it (if necessary), start attacking it and BAM, you disconnect.

If it is one you can only enter once, such as Von Leon or Pink Bean, now you're out 50 reward points, the EXP, and the possibility of a cube or other needed item dropping. All because the game won't let you back inside because of the entry limit.

My proposed solution: Don't count the entry into the boss battle until AFTER the boss is defeated. That way, if you disconnect while you're still fighting it or if you die, you can go back in and try again.

For bosses that give EXP in phases (like Horntail or Pink Bean), don't award any EXP to the player after they defeat a certain phase. Instead, give them ALL of the EXP at once, AFTER the boss is defeated. If something like this isn't implemented, then people can just abuse it going into a boss over and over, killing each part of a boss except the last one, logging out and going back in to farm EXP.

All of this is what Monster Park does. Why can't bosses do it too?
JettLuvsUKerBansot

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    There is one thing. If it does exactly like Monster Park, then no EXP multiplier can affect this. It should be like in Commerci Trade voyages instead, where EXP multiplier can affect EXP.
    JettLuvsUIvangoldPirateIzzy
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited March 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    There is one thing. If it does exactly like Monster Park, then no EXP multiplier can affect this. It should be like in Commerci Trade voyages instead, where EXP multiplier can affect EXP.

Good point, I didn't even think of that.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    They could change like that, i remember getting a ton of exp in my Bishop because of his HS, and i could go there at x2 and get a good amount of exp with exp cupons, if monster park allowed that, it would be hella great.
  • TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited March 2017
    I agree that it's unfair to lose an entry when you get disconnected before you have a chance to fight the boss and that it shouldn't count as an entry if that's the case. However, I disagree that this also applies on when you die. Since dying when you've dealt some damage to the boss means you're already fighting it (just not strong enough to defeat it and die), I think it's fair for the entry to count.

Entry do not count:
    - Disconnect while in boss chamber.
    - Disconnect/glitched when using the quick Boss queue (f*cking Ranmaru queue...)

Entry count:
    - Deal damage to boss and die.
    - Defeat it.
    ShippouIts2Sharp4UUserRedJettLuvsUBrianSensei
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited March 2017

Was monster park changed recently? 2x events affected monster park reborn late last year.
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2017
    Torippi wrote: »
    I agree that it's unfair to lose an entry when you get disconnected before you have a chance to fight the boss and that it shouldn't count as an entry if that's the case. However, I disagree that this also applies on when you die. Since dying when you've dealt some damage to the boss means you're already fighting it (just not strong enough to defeat it and die), I think it's fair for the entry to count.

Entry do not count:
    - Disconnect while in boss chamber.
    - Disconnect/glitched when using the quick Boss queue (f*cking Ranmaru queue...)

Entry count:
    - Deal damage to boss and die.
    - Defeat it.

This is the way to do it.