[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

run time error

KruzynnKruzynn
Reactions: 320
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
i tried to play this game and its giving me this message
"The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer"
i didnt have any problems playing this game before the march 1st patch. now its doing this. annoying as hell.
Please help. im already tried deleting/uninstalling and reinstalling the game+the launcher multiple times. and ive set the compatability to my computer(which is windows 7)
smsm20Tightclub19

Comments

• DominikoDominiko
    Reactions: 240
    edited March 2017
    i only get this problem when i have bad internet...
  • smsm20smsm20
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2017
    Me too ... I have the same problem
  • AcceptanceAcceptance
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem.. This error only occurs for me when I try to launch through Nexon Launcher.

18lkar.jpg

When I try to launch through GameLauncher, I get this error:

29niex5.png

DemonStar
  • muhhamuhha
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Acceptance, or anyone else did any of you solved this problem? Friend of mine is still stuck after trying every possible solution.
  • AcceptanceAcceptance
    edited March 2017
    muhha wrote: »
    @Acceptance, or anyone else did any of you solved this problem? Friend of mine is still stuck after trying every possible solution.

Nope, still the same issue. No fix for me yet.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
  • EMS4EVERktnxbyeEMS4EVERktnxbye
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

false i can confirm that patch from game launcher its broken i mean there maybe its some settings that make our game for our system show that error

i can say that because today i did fresh download and instaled after instal i had play button rdy wich make me put in game
    but ofc because my game had 182 version kicked me out and made me patch after patch and after play button this error shows
    not useing nexon launcher ~

am gona try nexon launcher only now as this was only game launcher and direct download files from
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204582103-Download-Game-Client

i keep updated now with nexon launcher only ~

edited March 2017
    and here its is the things chek yourself and tell me if there is better version of all did in last few days am 100% sure i got what is need from the "fix link you guys provide"
    there is something else we miss and we dont know what it is ;( i can try asume its something with files (dll and the reason they are 64bit only not 32bit as other need)

vNUbDSb.jpg
    i156bjL.jpg
    i did install this^^ worked well as i said untill world selection where i had "crash" and new patch started wich is oke as i said
    but after i let patch to finish
    the thing we talk about happend again that STUPID ERRROR ~
  • PIggyBankPIggyBank
    Reactions: 220
    edited March 2017
    Try to delete all the other c++ programs from your control panel except for the 2015 one
    edited March 2017
    PIggyBank wrote: »
    Try to delete all the other c++ programs from your control panel except for the 2015 one

hmmmmmmmmmmm interestingg sure
    also what what you think when i sould try before patch? or after patch?
    i mean before i get maple or after i finish and before i run ?
    because now am trying to download and patch useing nexon launcher

edited March 2017
    searching around while downloading (takes whileeeeeeee people around thinks am crazy because game its 9-10gb but other topic)
    i found this https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync/How-Do-I-Resolve-A-Microsoft-VC90-CRT-Setup-Error/ta-p/138
    i saw we need (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)) but i cant get as its only able for 64bit machine
    PiTfhjs.jpg

so my other question would be evryone on 32bit machine that gets this error or there is someone with 64bit ?
  • AcceptanceAcceptance
    edited March 2017
    First I got this error on desktop.. now I patched it on my laptop and I am getting the same error.. So it has to be something on Nexon's end.. Both laptop and desktop was working fine the day before the patch.. Once I patched, both computers have the same error.. Hopefully there's a fix soon.. :/
    edited March 2017
    Acceptance wrote: »
    First I got this error on desktop.. now I patched it on my laptop and I am getting the same error.. So it has to be something on Nexon's end.. Both laptop and desktop was working fine the day before the patch.. Once I patched, both computers have the same error.. Hopefully there's a fix soon.. :/
    can you please tell me if both computers you have are 32bit or ?

• Tightclub19Tightclub19
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2017
    since march 1 i cant not play maplestory at all iv tryed the everything and nothing works i wanna know if this is coming in a patch or not
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    since march 1 i cant not play maplestory at all iv tryed the everything and nothing works i wanna know if this is coming in a patch or not

Please don't create duplicate threads on the subject. Merged.
  • AcceptanceAcceptance
    edited March 2017
    Acceptance wrote: »
    can you please tell me if both computers you have are 32bit or ?

Both are 64 bit, windows 7.
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited March 2017
    searching around while downloading (takes whileeeeeeee people around thinks am crazy because game its 9-10gb but other topic)
    i found this https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync/How-Do-I-Resolve-A-Microsoft-VC90-CRT-Setup-Error/ta-p/138
    i saw we need (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)) but i cant get as its only able for 64bit machine
    PiTfhjs.jpg

so my other question would be evryone on 32bit machine that gets this error or there is someone with 64bit ?

I fixed both my comps by downloading and installing the 2015 version.
    Laptop (windows 7) used vc_redist.x64.exe
    Desktop (windows XP) used vc_redist.x86.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

good luck!
    muhha
    edited March 2017
    can you
    FluffyMoo wrote: »
    PiTfhjs.jpg

I fixed both my comps by downloading and installing the 2015 version.
    Laptop (windows 7) used vc_redist.x64.exe
    Desktop (windows XP) used vc_redist.x86.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

good luck!

can you please post SS of your control panel -> programs and featuers ? to see what setup of c++ version you have and their number version pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
    edited March 2017
    i was 10min ago in live chat with microsoft tech live chat guys about this issue and we were working on this for 1h they did remote control and instaled/reinstall most things even i showed them how pre patch 182 version pass the mini sceeen and gets me to world sellection and when i patch this run time error comes
  • JoeruJoeru
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited March 2017
    before anything, my english is bad...

ty nexon, y have the same error, before march i played good, but when the new client come all go to hell, when i try to run it i get the error of API-MS "bla bla bla" and then the other error, i tryed installing the new C++ Visual studio 2015 and did't work, idk what to do, ill wait for the oficial nexon answer, that how you lose player nexon