[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Undocumented Changes

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Although the Kerning City Superstars update is supposed to be based off of this patch, the update also implemented changes from these three patches. Basically, all the patches after the end of MapleStory V and before the prelude of MapleStory BEYOND.

Here are all the undocumented changes:

Skill Changes:
Dark Knight's Spear of Darkness: attack speed has been increased, cooldown has been increased, damage has been decreased
Night Lord’s Spread Throw: extra directional attacks’ ranges have been increased but their final damage will now be decreased by 20%.
Night Walker's Shadow Spear: activation rate has been decreased
Thunder Breaker's Gale/Typhoon: attack ranges have been adjusted
Luminous’s Death Scythe: attack range changed from being centered on the screen to being centered on your character.
Demon Avenger’s Overload Release: its UI can now be moved using the mouse.
Wild Hunter's Jaguar Storm: you can now use Jaguar Storm once again after using it to resummon all the Jaguars to your current location
Kaiser's Nova Guardians: you can now use Nova Guardians once again after using it to resummon all the Guardians to your current location

Easy/Normal Von Leon will now drop Lion King’s Royal Medals instead of Lion King’s Medals.
Lion King’s Medals no longer require Purification Totems to be changed to Lion King’s Royal Medals. When used, you can now trade 2 Lion King’s Medals for 1 Lion King’s Royal Medal.
In all profession-related recipes, any required Lion King’s Medals/Purification Totems have been changed to Lion King’s Royal Medals.
The [Von Leon] Knight’s Scroll quest can now be completed 2 times per day.

After changing channels, you will now be invincible to attacks for 3 seconds. You can now change channels after being hit by a monster’s attack.

A button that allows you to change your Quick Slots has been added to the Keyboard Settings menu. You can now change your Quick Slots through both the Options menu and the Keyboard Settings menu.

The Reporting system has been reorganized.
The Report UI has been changed to allow for easier reporting.
‘Gambling’ and ‘Illegal programs’ have been added as report reasons.
Reports will now be able to include text from megaphones.
The reporting fee has been removed.
The daily limit for reporting has been changed to 10 per day.

You can now purchase Accelerators from the NPCs Cute, Moody, and Patricia.

The V Matrix’s Special Cores will now have an icon that shows that they are time-limited. You can hover over to read the tooltip to see the expiry date.

Monster Collection has been improved.
A notification sound will now play when you register a monster in your collection.
A confirmation popup has been added when beginning an expedition.
The expedition reward notification has been improved.
You can now scroll through the collection pages using the mouse wheel.
New monsters have been added to the Monster Collection.
25 monsters from Tower of Oz (In the Near Victoria section)
20 monsters from Minar Forest (Regular counterparts of Minar Forest's Star Force monsters and Stone Colossus's monsters)

In the Arcane River continent’s hunting maps, flying monsters will now spawn in all hunting maps occasionally.

When using Cubes, you will now see the damage range increase you will get from the new potential.

The rewards that you can trade Cube Fragments for have been updated.
Red Cube
7 fragments: Special Potential Scroll
10 fragments: Perfect Potential Stamp
Black Cube
5 fragments: 2000 Spell Traces
10 fragments: Perfect Potential Stamp
25 fragments: Special Bonus Potential Scroll
Bonus Pot Cube (Green Cube)
10 fragments: Perfect Bonus Potential Stamp
20 fragments: 70% Bonus Potential Scroll
NyaraShippouJettLuvsULinksMissingSlicedTime

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for this. For a second I almost thought you worked for Nexon but then I remembered
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »

In the Arcane River continent’s hunting maps, flying monsters will now spawn in all hunting maps occasionally.

These things are so annoying. I chatted with a GM and they wouldn't tell me why they added these mobs. Said game developers decided to change the game mechanics. We have a new puppy at home and constantly have to avert my attention to her at a moments notice for short periods at a time. During 2x it's risk dying or risk losing my map. Yet another case of nexon punishing all players due to the actions of a few. Who cares about people leeching/afking in these maps anyway?

• VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited March 2017
    2x ursus at 3-4pm as well. For all Reboot in particular, all of Singapore drops 2 meso bags.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

These things are so annoying. I chatted with a GM and they wouldn't tell me why they added these mobs. Said game developers decided to change the game mechanics. We have a new puppy at home and constantly have to avert my attention to her at a moments notice for short periods at a time. During 2x it's risk dying or risk losing my map. Yet another case of nexon punishing all players due to the actions of a few. Who cares about people leeching/afking in these maps anyway?

The GM wouldn't tell you because they don't know. Nobody bothers to inform them why "the dev team" does what it does.
    But in this case I think the dev team itself doesn't know. They just copy-pasted this from KMS without thinking whether we need it or not.
    iSlingGunz wrote: »
    In KMS, people may have complained about a TON of characters that afk'd in a map to reserve it for later. Theres no "if they're afk too long they lose the map" rule in KMS, its basically first come first serve, afk or not. Because of these complaints, nexon implemented these flying mobs to kill them if they ever tried doing it again.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5x9i1a/nexon_needs_to_remove_the_antiafk_mobs_edit_their/deh3p3s/

Obviously, we don't have that issue. Quite the opposite. If you hang on a rope for a moment to chat or to clean out your inventory, people will take your map.

But either the GMS team didn't consider why these mobs were there, and just imported the mechanism from KMS, as I said before,
    or they did think about it and realize that while we don't have the "map-reserving afk'ers", we do have mules. And if people's Kanna mules keep dying, it might motivate them to pay for a chance at a Frenzy Totem...
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Bonus Pot Cube (Green Cube)
    10 fragments: Perfect Bonus Potential Stamp
    20 fragments: 70% Bonus Potential Scroll
    I'm not seeing these items on the reward list? Still showing silver stamp for 9, AEE for 18, and gold stamp for 27. Is it mislabeled in-game?

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It baffles me still how they miss stuff off patch notes....
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited March 2017
    It baffles me still how they miss stuff off patch notes....

It's not that they missed it, they just chose to believe that these updates weren't important to include in update notes.