[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

On/Off skills should stay on when reviving!

DoughDough
Reactions: 1,965
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For example I/L mages 5+ on and off skills it's a pain to die to cvell or whatever due to having like 5 or so on/off skills. and maybe even make them come on when logging in i hate forgetting to turn them on every time I play my Angelic Buster or Xenon
Fennekin
  1. Should this happen?8 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (6 votes)
    2. No
       25% (2 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    And then how will Nexon sell buff freezers and battleroids?

In seriousness, though, I think toggle skills should be persistent, after dying and even after logging out. There's nothing quite like disconnecting in a monster map and then logging back in and trying to get Magic Guard on before you die (especially with these lovely new anti-afk mobs disabling pet auto-pot).
    ShippouIts2Sharp4UDoughFennekinSlicedTimeIvangold
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Battlemages have a similar issue. Would be very nice to have them stay after death.
    Dough
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,965
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    Battlemages have a similar issue. Would be very nice to have them stay after death.

@LittleTK Yes that is another good example and I don't see why anyone would want the baby/jr reaper thing off besides the fact that it can get in the way of there character but they could always turn off like the animation effects

AKradian wrote: »

In seriousness, though, I think toggle skills should be persistent, after dying and even after logging out. There's nothing quite like disconnecting in a monster map and then logging back in and trying to get Magic Guard on before you die (especially with these lovely new anti-afk mobs disabling pet auto-pot).

@AKradian Well people still will want there battleroids for regular buffs if this where to happen :O
    JettLuvsU
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited March 2017
    Strictly beneficial toggle skills (eg Wind Archer's Trifling Wind or Hero's Combo Orbs) should be on by default and 'activating' the skill should turn them off.
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2017

First of all, I am not stalking you.

Now to the point, those kind of skills are called passive skills.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

First of all, I am not stalking you.

Now to the point, those kind of skills are called passive skills.

The difference is that passive skills stay on and can't be turned off.
    Toggle skills can be turned off if the user so desires. Presumably, there are situations in which you'd rather have the skill off. (And if you die or d/c with the skill off, I expect it to remain off when you revive or relog)
    The game should remember the toggle skill's state. This is also true for skills that have "modes" (like Xenon's) and for classes that have "stances" (like Dawn Warrior's Sun or Moon). These things are more "settings" than "buffs", and should not be lost if you die or disconnect. (Personally I feel buffs should survive disconnections, as well, but that's a different discussion).