[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Reporting and Ticket system

YoloYolo
Reactions: 975
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Do either of these actually work? I've reported a person awhile back now multiple times... (was level 218 at the time of first report) Only to find out that said person has reached level 250 with out repercussion.. and will now be immortalized as one of the top maplers.

Looks like its my turn to macro/bot to level 250 since there seems to be nothing being done about it.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Yolo wrote: »
    Looks like its my turn to macro/bot to level 250 since there seems to be nothing being done about it.

Please do not encourage macroing/botting just because you're upset.
  • YoloYolo
    edited March 2017
    I am the opposite of upset, I'm glad that my reports and tickets were pushed aside to the point where someone had botted all the way to capped level. Truly makes me feel like playing more maplestory.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2017
    I am the opposite of upset, I'm glad that my reports and tickets were pushed aside to the point where someone had botted all the way to capped level. Truly makes me feel like playing more maplestory.

I'm not stupid enough that I can't grasp the concept of sarcasm, thank you.

This can go one of two ways:

1. I tell you that reports do get looked at, and that players do get banned (as others can attest), which you probably won't believe anyway and brush it off as me just being a mod or those banned players being exceptions.
    2. I just keep you from hypocritically breaking the rules because you're upset that people are breaking the rules, which consists of me just doing damage control and minimal interaction with what I know, possibly moving this thread to rants and raves if you can't keep it together without throwing sarcastic comments at everyone.

I'm currently doing #2, as that's less confrontational. So please don't break the rules, thank you.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Is there a forum rule that prohibits sarcasm?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Is there a forum rule that prohibits sarcasm?

No, but it is somewhat insulting and argumentative.
    Please don't derail threads, thanks.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2017
    While I don't have personal insight into the process for dealing with such players, I can say that so long as the player is truly illegitimate, persistence is key. Surely over time they make themselves an easier target to be dealt.
  • YoloYolo
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

1. I tell you that reports do get looked at, and that players do get banned (as others can attest), which you probably won't believe anyway and brush it off as me just being a mod or those banned players being exceptions.
    Now i wonder why i would not believe it, Perhaps it stems from my countless reports that have been "Looked at" In which i get the very generic responses usually associated with your customer support.

"Hi, thanks for your concerns we are currently looking into it" etc etc.

Only to see that the person or persons i have reported are sitting in the exact same map AND channel doing the EXACT same movements (Clearly a macro)
    Which then makes me ask myself "Are reports and tickets actually getting looked into" because if they were then these persons would have been banned right? o.o Instead they are aloud to reach max level and we all know at that point rarely anything is ever done.

Just to clarify i am upset, Upset that a game i once loved to play is being run by Hackers/Botters, Upset that these hackers/botters dictate the economy, Upset that everything being done to counter these botters really only hurts legitimate players.

I once had hope for the future of this game BUT each and every day only makes it more and more clear the intentions of the company, Which is to try and squeeze every cent they possibly can out of this dying game... The most recent MVP System being evident enough.

PS: Im almost positive im not breaking any rules, Unless you'd like to categorize this as FUD then by all means "Do your job"

• YoloYolo
    edited March 2017
    While I don't have personal insight into the process for dealing with such players, I can say that so long as the player is truly illegitimate, persistence is key. Surely over time they make themselves an easier target to be dealt.

I'd like to ask you how much time would you say is sufficient enough to figure out the accused legitimacy or illegitimacy, For me the time it takes to level from 218 to 250 should be more than sufficient.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017

PS: Im almost positive im not breaking any rules, Unless you'd like to categorize this as FUD then by all means "Do your job"
    He's only a volunteer. And speaking from personal experience, you won't gain anything from posting anything about anything in these forums. Nexon has withdrawn from the forums and just lets the moderators do damage control like how he said up there ^ so if you wanna bot, chances are you will not be banned unless you're stupid about it. And even still, you might catch a lucky month where a GM won't notice you even exist.

And no, I am no condoning hacking, macroing, botting, etc. Just stating opinions that appear to be facts.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Nexon has withdrawn from the forums

it's not that nexon has "withdrawn" from the forums, right now we don't have a dedicated CM co constantly be on the forums and interact with us.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2017
    Considering the direction this thread has gone, I feel it best to close it. Keep in mind that creating threads on such matters does not directly aid in resolution, which is why such discussion is discouraged - it usually leads in a negative, non-constructive direction, sadly.
This discussion has been closed.