[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I have nothing positive to say

forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
Reactions: 2,815
edited March 2017 in General Chat
It's really hard. I was being bullied(not really) by a mod because everything I was posting was negative/bashing Nexon. But over the past 2 weeks, I've tried not posting any negative at all but I just can't. Sometimes I'll go days without posting anything simply because everything I see is a complaint, rant, bug/glitch, etc.

I want to express my opinions and disgust about my mapling experience, but I'm dammed if I do since it will get censored because Nexon makes the Mods do so. The people who actually work for Nexon rarely show their face anymore. I guess it's financially smart to have volunteers work for free than to actually pay people to moderate the forums. So I'll give Nexon props for that! Their last message was posted by OneLetter on February 23rd and had nothing to do with the things us players are concerned about. But at least that event got its closure. Grats to all the winners.

Supposedly the Mods forward everything we post to Nexon but how do we know this is true? Or better, how can we see what gets reported? Maybe I'm missing something. But I think that's irrelevant anyways. It has been 2? 3? Months since KThxBaiNao left and still no new word about when we'll get a CM. I'm wondering what good a new CM will do anyways since Nexon simply does not seem to want to make the changes this game so desperately needs such as
1. Hackers/botters
2. Lag
3. Bad/generic/computerized customer support
4. Revert time zones as mentioned when that poll was released in which they SHOULD have followed through with it but didn't.
And whatever else I'm missing.

And I'm damned if I don't express my opinions because then that's just being fake. And what's the General Chat for Maplestory about anyways? I'll probably give this thread a day or 2 before it gets de-railed and closed.

Do you guys feel like what you post on these forums change anything?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    Here's a previous thread response I've made.

This thread too.

In short, no I don't feel like making posts on this forum will change anything, and if it does it was based on a low chance of it ever happening. That obviously needs to be changed for the better if Nexon wants MapleStory for the global region service to continue prosperous as its most iconic title instead of several other games.

In depth, we still have botting up the roof and hackers controlling the markets with inflated prices.

We still have many bugs and content not being overlooked for revamps in terms of buffs. We have had at least several event nerfs which again is stressful. Dragon Rider Party Quest, Phantom's Stolen Final Cut for bugs. Bonus Potential, Nebulites, 16-25 Star Force Expansion for suggestions.

Some players cannot play the game at all if not efficiently due to the poor stability of the client or servers.

There's a lot need to be said and done, but all we have gotten is a major sense of disappointment and mediocre service towards fixing or improving the game. As I've said earlier, of course it's going to be a negative response due to disaster and continuous failures. Most of what I said, again is the tip of an ice berg.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited March 2017
    Here's a previous thread response I've made.

This thread too.

We still have botting up the roof and hackers controlling the markets with inflated prices.

We still have many broken and content not being overlooked for revamps in terms of buffs. We have had at least several event nerfs which again is stressful. Dragon Rider Party Quest, Phantom's Stolen Final Cut for bugs. Bonus Potential, Nebulites, 16-25 Star Force Expansion for suggestions.

Some players cannot play the game at all if not efficiently due to the poor stability of the client or servers.

There's a lot need to be said and done, but all we have gotten is a major sense of disappointment and mediocre service towards fixing or improving the game. As I've said earlier, of course it's going to be a negative response due to disaster and continuous failures. Most of what I said, again is the tip of an ice berg.

There isn't a single point in which I disagree. And I wrote this a looong time ago explaining to my best ability why Nexon does not do anything about hackers, even though we KNOW they can. Yes people, if Nexon wanted to, they can get rid of almost every hacker but they choose not to. Wanna know why? http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/22885#Comment_22885

But worst part of it all, is that we can't talk about it... there's a word for this but I can't think of it right now. So the game has gone to spit a long time ago and has been progressively getting worse(it's gets better for a week or 2 but it mostly goes back to being in bad shape). We have been complaining, voicing our opinions in good and bad ways, sent suggestions, bug reports, spend $ on NX to help Nexon financially so they may use said $ to provide a better service for us but instead, we get the silent treatment?
    I really wonder what we're even supposed to talk about on these forums at this point.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    But worst part of it all, is that we can't talk about it... there's a word for this but I can't think of it right now.

Not a word, an acronym. FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt).

As long as hacking exists there will be pseudo measures in order to combat it. Nexon Game Security, Police GMMapleStory, Anti-Boss Hack mechanics (Magnus, Lotus) demonstrates perfectly well how effective they are when determining legitimate players and hackers.

Because of seeing the market "flushed with many items" that are most likely botted this is why we can't talk about the rates being "too low". It's been inflated by hackers to make it look like the rates are decent but at the end of the day only the cheaters and merchants benefit greatly while the average player loses out in almost every instance, besides being affordable.

The Cash Shop can cater towards legitimate players but the way the specials and recent MVP has been pushed out as if we're alright with random RNG with possibly a high chance of not getting the item we want, along with 90 day or less duration items. Sure maybe by some chance you can sell a CSS (Cash Shop Surprise) item, but for a crappy item from Philosopher Books or Gachapon you're dirt out of luck. In terms of limited time duration items there are chances you may never get it again. I was looking out for a Lucid clothing package but since they released it in CSS I have to rely on the market. They're probably way too expensive to buy and chances are maybe over the 10 billion max mesos, which causes even more problems there which someone has highlighted in a different thread.
    edited March 2017
    But worst part of it all, is that we can't talk about it... there's a word for this but I can't think of it right now.

As long as hacking exists there will be pseudo measures in order to combat it. Nexon Game Security, Police GMMapleStory, Anti-Boss Hack mechanics (Magnus, Lotus) demonstrates perfectly well how effective they are when determining legitimate players and hackers.

Because of seeing the market "flushed with many items" that are most likely botted this is why we can't talk about the rates being "too low". It's been inflated by hackers to make it look like the rates are decent but at the end of the day only the cheaters and merchants benefit greatly while the average player loses out in almost every instance, besides being affordable.

The Cash Shop can cater towards legitimate players but the way the specials and recent MVP has been pushed out as if we're alright with random RNG with possibly a high chance of not getting the item we want, along with 90 day or less duration items. Sure maybe by some chance you can sell a CSS (Cash Shop Surprise) item, but for a crappy item from Philosopher Books or Gachapon you're dirt out of luck. In terms of limited time duration items there are chances you may never get it again. I was looking out for a Lucid clothing package but since they released it in CSS I have to rely on the market. They're probably way too expensive to buy and chances are maybe over the 10 billion max mesos, which causes even more problems there which someone has highlighted in a different thread.

Right. FUD. Nexons main defense.

But those psuedo measures do not work. They hindered legit players more than hackers in almost every instance. I'm not referring to you personally, but it seems like people assume that hackers are dumb. Sure, some people probably just use hacking programs that other people design, but to be a "hacker", Im pretty sure you need to have more than just a basic understand of how things work in order to make a workaround(aka a hack). Well at least that's what I think.

As for the items, hackers sell like 90% of all CSS, Epic pot scrolls, protection scrolls, basically everything that elites drop and pros use to make godly equips. Can you begin to imagine just by how much the prices will go up if there were no hackers? I really think Nexon realized how deeply rooted hackers are and how much work they would need to do to get rid of them. And if they can't even fix the lag issue and basically every other issue, what hope is there that they will one day fix the hacker issue? I just don't see it.

Agreed. As much as I would love to be able to hold more than 10bil mesos, it will be a negative impact to the majority of players. Therefore, I hope they do not increase the cap. As for the CS, I have nothing nice to say about it so I'll just keep my words to myself. But I sure would like to hear from a Nexon employee how I can cube my bonus potential if I can't buy nx in my country. Or how I can get15 star tyrants. How does one buy a 15 star tyrants with mesos?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2017

But those psuedo measures do not work. They hindered legit players more than hackers in almost every instance. I'm not referring to you personally, but it seems like people assume that hackers are dumb. Sure, some people probably just use hacking programs that other people design, but to be a "hacker", Im pretty sure you need to have more than just a basic understand of how things work in order to make a workaround(aka a hack). Well at least that's what I think.

As for the items, hackers sell like 90% of all CSS, Epic pot scrolls, protection scrolls, basically everything that elites drop and pros use to make godly equips. Can you begin to imagine just by how much the prices will go up if there were no hackers? I really think Nexon realized how deeply rooted hackers are and how much work they would need to do to get rid of them. And if they can't even fix the lag issue and basically every other issue, what hope is there that they will one day fix the hacker issue? I just don't see it.

Agreed. As much as I would love to be able to hold more than 10bil mesos, it will be a negative impact to the majority of players. Therefore, I hope they do not increase the cap. As for the CS, I have nothing nice to say about it so I'll just keep my words to myself. But I sure would like to hear from a Nexon employee how I can cube my bonus potential if I can't buy nx in my country. Or how I can get15 star tyrants. How does one buy a 15 star tyrants with mesos?

most of the "hackers" that people are complaining about are really just Script kiddies, that bought (for roughly $100+ subscription of some kind) a hacking script program made by a group of maybe 4~5 people that keep it updated constantly. the 4~5 people are the real hackers and most likely do not use their own hacks/ scripts very much outside of testing them or updating them tbh, so most of the players you are seeing are just dumb people. there are maybe the odd few that are real scripters and hackers but the real hackers make more money selling their hacks than using them in-game to generate profit. The bots are likely made on some scripting function which makes it hard to get rid of them for any amount of time longer than a day or two.

if a meaningful account creation limiter could be placed, it would likely cut the bots by 80%, but how that is implemented in a way that is both legal in the places GMS services and still keeps it open for the general public is the real problem.
    edited March 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

most of the "hackers" that people are complaining about are really just Script kiddies, that bought (for roughly $100+ subscription of some kind) a hacking script program made by a group of maybe 4~5 people that keep it updated constantly. the 4~5 people are the real hackers and most likely do not use their own hacks/ scripts very much outside of testing them or updating them tbh, so most of the players you are seeing are just dumb people. there are maybe the odd few that are real scripters and hackers but the real hackers make more money selling their hacks than using them in-game to generate profit. The bots are likely made on some scripting function which makes it hard to get rid of them for any amount of time longer than a day or two.

if a meaningful account creation limiter could be placed, it would likely cut the bots by 80%, but how that is implemented in a way that is both legal in the places GMS services and still keeps it open for the general public is the real problem.
    I honestly don't care what or who the hackers are. Whether their pros or noobs. It's obvious Nexon wants them around. Especially since that account creation limiter has been suggested dozens of times in the past only to get swept under the rug
    Kylehell007Lilyflower
  • XemnXemn
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017

But those psuedo measures do not work. They hindered legit players more than hackers in almost every instance.

FUD, the blunt terminology they needed to put all perceived "threats" under one hood in order to justify policing thought. I've seen lot of people shut down for supposedly spreading FUD when all they were doing is making too much sense and basically on to Nexon's BS. I'm almost certain this particular post will get locked for the same reason, even though it's a discussion that needs to be heard and taken very serious.

That aside, most recently, latest and greatest irritation is this floating mob. Now I had mentioned this before when it first started, and immediately a flock of certain individuals, will name no names here, came to Nexon's defense almost immediately to claim new float mob in vanishing journey is really no big deal and too much overreaction. This always seems to happen when a really valid negative aspect of game is brought to attention. Curious.

It is countermeasure put in place allegedly to stop afk training, yet majority it does is to punish legit players in those areas with an unnecessarty and poorly designed pesky nuisance to have to deal with. Add to that more player death which means more player's safe charms money down the drain. Yet, we heard nothing, not even a warning about these things being put in place. Caught looking away from your computer for afew seconds or distracted by something else, teleport to the eboss map at the wrong time and place in map to be met by one of these f**kers and potlocked to certain death after eboss drains you completely of life very quickly with you no chance to heal, I could go on with many more situation.

But to agree, you are right, bottom line is that these measures which are put in place are largely to the detriment of the legit player and some how some way hackers will always find a way around them.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited March 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

honestly you are personally trying to dissuade people from the actual truth of the issues or are simply blinded by it. You've been defending hackers in almost every single paragraph you've typed.

There is a maplestory without hackers you just seem so reliant on them now because you've probably never had to work hours on end to gain any kind of advantage.

It USED to be just script kiddies, yeah that's one valid point. THING is they started to teach eachother/learn off eachother/ make entire guilds and alliances which all they do is either teach their members to use hacks or willingly give them out end-game items because theyre so used to getting away with everything. since nexon gave up on ALL efforts to stop it.

I'd honestly be surprised if nexon wasn't giving some of the people on forums some kind of benefits for defending their inconsiderate company flaws anymore.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xemn wrote: »
    That aside, most recently, latest and greatest irritation is this floating mob. Now I had mentioned this before when it first started, and immediately a flock of certain individuals, will name no names here, came to Nexon's defense almost immediately to claim new float mob in vanishing journey is really no big deal and too much overreaction. This always seems to happen when a really valid negative aspect of game is brought to attention. Curious.

It is countermeasure put in place allegedly to stop afk training, yet majority it does is to punish legit players in those areas with an unnecessarty and poorly designed pesky nuisance to have to deal with. Add to that more player death which means more player's safe charms money down the drain. Yet, we heard nothing, not even a warning about these things being put in place. Caught looking away from your computer for afew seconds or distracted by something else, teleport to the eboss map at the wrong time and place in map to be met by one of these f**kers and potlocked to certain death after eboss drains you completely of life very quickly with you no chance to heal, I could go on with many more situation.

But to agree, you are right, bottom line is that these measures which are put in place are largely to the detriment of the legit player and some how some way hackers will always find a way around them.

These flying mobs are not "put in place allegedly to stop afk training."
    Nexon didn't say why they put them there. They didn't mention them at all in the update notes and they didn't say anything about them anywhere else.
    Nexon's defenders on the forums/reddit only say that they're not as harmful as people say. They, too, don't know or aren't telling why these mobs are necessary or beneficial.

In KMS, they were put in to stop AFK'ing in training maps. Real AFK, not botting. Hanging on a rope and doing nothing. According to KMS players, in Korea they have the convention that if you're in a map, it's "yours". Even if you're AFK for hours. So people there were complaining about others AFK'ing in popular maps all day to "reserve" them. Nexon added the AFK-killer mobs to get rid of these squatters.

We don't have a "squatter" problem in GMS. Quite the opposite: people will try to take your map if you so much as stop attacking for a moment to go get a drink. And sometimes even if you never pause.

We do have problems with "afk training", botting, hacking, and so on, but as you correctly pointed out, the "afk-killer" mobs don't do anything against those. The botters are constantly attacking everything on the map, so they'll attack and kill the anti-afk mob too. And the hackers do that and godmode besides, so they certainly aren't affected.

So, these mobs have no benefit for GMS, and only endanger or inconvenience legitimate players.
    XemnLilyflowerSlicedTime
  • XemnXemn
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    @AKradian
    Yes, as I said "allegedly" as that was seemingly our first best guess among my friends who play as to why mysteriously these pests appears now all of a sudden per 5 minutes, but hearing now from your perspective of what Korea MS uses them for, it looks like a hand-me-down code that perhaps mistakenly was left in. Or maybe not mistakenly? It is hard to really say as there is no confirmation from global MS team as of yet of why or what they plan do about it. but IMO it should be either removed completely or the mobs adjusted to not obliterate even ones who not afk and new to the area (extremely weak form no arcane force to begin) can not handle killing float mob in time, or to the one who have to use low HP range for their class and get strike down with no chance to heal on the 10% damage per hit. And it is always waiting for one enters the map and even tracks you down, most times right on top of your face as soon as you teleport to the map.

As for map ownership, yes agree, I've had people even come in to larger map and state that they did not see me in there before they even bothered to check for the red blip of non-party character that some times goes out of range on minimap (for whatever reason) to see if two are across the way far enough, and just continue to train a la Scumbag Steve, insistent they were there first. Also had situation like you said of the person sees you just hanging around for a few seconds and immediately proceed to take over map without courteously asking if you are training here. Maybe they could come at this with a solve perhaps a map ownership detection or something you can check log of map entry time and clock of inactivity/AFK. I doubt maplestory team is going to enforce such small potatoes problem but it would still be a nice touch. Alright, done for now with this little subsector of discussion, perhaps I can or some one make a topic about this in idea section of the forum.
    edited May 2017

There is a maplestory without hackers you just seem so reliant on them now because you've probably never had to work hours on end to gain any kind of advantage.

Where is this Maplestory?

It USED to be just script kiddies, yeah that's one valid point. THING is they started to teach eachother/learn off eachother/ make entire guilds and alliances which all they do is either teach their members to use hacks or willingly give them out end-game items because theyre so used to getting away with everything. since nexon gave up on ALL efforts to stop it.

Again, http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/22885#Comment_22885

I'd honestly be surprised if nexon wasn't giving some of the people on forums some kind of benefits for defending their inconsiderate company flaws anymore.

This is something that I do agree with you about. It's just so far gone in terms of communication and transparency when it comes to.... anything Nexon related. And I don't even understand why. The game is not even as active as it used to be, so talking about "classified" or "confidential" future plans will make no difference unless they plan to introduce negative changes?

Meanwhile we're stuck with Mods who can relay messages and damage control.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, having being a forum mod, I can tell you they are most likely just as frustrated as you are.
    I can't really comment on how Nexon America volunteers work as I only have experience with Nexon EU and I seemed to have a lot more "influence" than the volunteers do.

They most likely are doing a report of some kind on a regular basis that is sent to several people in Nexon.
    As for the threads criticising Nexon, I've noticed a lot of people start insulting each other as soon as they have a differing opinion, or start insulting Nexon for whatever reason. If everyone could be lovely to each other it probably would help a bit.

Personally never saw anything wrong with the criticism threads in general, whether it's good or bad feedback it's still feedback.
    edited March 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    Honestly, having being a forum mod, I can tell you they are most likely just as frustrated as you are.
    I can't really comment on how Nexon America volunteers work as I only have experience with Nexon EU and I seemed to have a lot more "influence" than the volunteers do.

They most likely are doing a report of some kind on a regular basis that is sent to several people in Nexon.
    As for the threads criticising Nexon, I've noticed a lot of people start insulting each other as soon as they have a differing opinion, or start insulting Nexon for whatever reason. If everyone could be lovely to each other it probably would help a bit.

Personally never saw anything wrong with the criticism threads in general, whether it's good or bad feedback it's still feedback.

It doesn't seem that way to me. Personally, I would have quit being a mod if it meant things staying the same despite my hard work writing daily reports and such. Or things getting shoved under the rug on a daily basis despite overwhelming popularity and demand from the community. Especially since I would gain 0 benefits from doing so.

The threads getting out of control is due to the lack of negligence Nexon has shown when it comes to communication and transparency. It's impossible to expect threads to maintain civil when we're always kept out of the loop and get the cold shoulder from Nexon. And while I agree that the mods surely do a lot for the community, it seems like
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017

It doesn't seem that way to me. Personally, I would have quit being a mod if it meant things staying the same despite my hard work writing daily reports and such. Or things getting shoved under the rug on a daily basis despite overwhelming popularity and demand from the community. Especially since I would gain 0 benefits from doing so.

The threads getting out of control is due to the lack of negligence Nexon has shown when it comes to communication and transparency. It's impossible to expect threads to maintain civil when we're always kept out of the loop and get the cold shoulder from Nexon. And while I agree that the mods surely do a lot for the community, it seems like

It's not that Nexon is giving us the cold shoulder, right now there isn't anybody in the position that keeps us in the loop.

edit: and now we do, so now we can expect more communication.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017

I was a mod because I loved the community and the game. I am kinda annoyed with myself that I didn't continue on when I was asked if I wanted to continue.
    It's not an easy job and it's not exactly high paying (I got 40k NX not sure if volunteers here get anything).

I'm talking from a pure Maple EU perspective here, my community was a lot smaller and easier to handle, but even then passing on every single thing took time.
    I got extremely lucky with my position and had close interaction with the devs on bug reports, a close relationship with our game masters but I was pretty much left to do it alone.
    It's not easy replying to every single report, every suggestion, a lot of things you won't be likely to get feedback on.

However I really don't like the bug report section on this forum, this isn't a criticism of the mods, it's just super unorganised and who knows what has been reported. I think some improvements can definitely be done there.

Threads getting out of control is not just Nexons responsibility, it's the communitys as well. You won't know every single thing Nexon decides to do and mods won't be able to say much most likely cause of a NDA.

TL;DR: Mod is hard, better bug section pls, be nice.
    Its2Sharp4U