[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Super Salt

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited March 2017 in Rants and Raves
- The Breath of Divinity ring will no longer be obtainable from Philosopher’s Book.

Are you having a laugh? Are you seriously off on a giraffe here?

You are removing a RING from the books, but keeping the frenzy totem? Are you seriously brain dead? What possible reason is there for removing it? The only reason i see is that you want people to rush spending more money on books to get it before its removed you *******************************************.

move.
BooberpuppyTubaDough

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    Maybe they added it by mistake to correct philosopher books? I don't understand the rage.. they probably will re-add this ring in at their real planned release date.. maybe to gacha like where magnus's and hilla's rings are, or to marvel.. so just.. patience.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You may be right.
    While maintenance notices usually list fixed bugs, they practically never list "nerfs". Those lines are always added after the game servers go down for maintenance. Nexon does not want us to know of things that are going to be removed from the game, and it makes sense. If something has been deemed bad for the game and needs to go away, the last thing Nexon wants is to everybody rush to "exploit" whatever it is until the last possible moment.
    And yet, here they are, informing us 11 hours in advance, that we only have until 7AM PST to try for the ring.
    And they also inform us that the skills will be fixed, just in case we thought the ring is removed because it doesn't work.
    Funniest bit is that the notice initially said that the skills will be "fixed", and after cynics on reddit asked whether "fixed" means "removed", the wording got changed to "will be properly applied".

The only thing that doesn't make sense is, why remove them from the books in the first place?
    Why not leave them there and let people keep trying and spending and trying and spending some more until the books go away?

It's almost as if GMS has two teams working at cross-purposes. One thinks the ring is OP and needs to go away, the other thinks it's fine and needs to be fixed and used to make $$$. So they do both at the same time.
    BooberpuppyFennekin
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's almost as if GMS has two teams working at cross-purposes.

This gave me the chuckles because I have thought the same thing about Nexon, based on their behavior.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited March 2017
    Although i am not into it to the ring...but it's not fair that Nexon suddenly remove it. They will try to make this ring have a very high price since it will become rare. ..and this will make ppl will only sell in $$, and only ppl with money can get this ring.

Why should they remove it when the Philo book event not even permanent event..it will soon end?

welll..the positive side is: I don't need to buy more NX for Philo books =D
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    Im just venting my rage at myself aswell as nexon - i had one, and sold it way under value. Hence

SUPER SALTY ;_;
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    You may be right.
    While maintenance notices usually list fixed bugs, they practically never list "nerfs". Those lines are always added after the game servers go down for maintenance. Nexon does not want us to know of things that are going to be removed from the game, and it makes sense. If something has been deemed bad for the game and needs to go away, the last thing Nexon wants is to everybody rush to "exploit" whatever it is until the last possible moment.
    And yet, here they are, informing us 11 hours in advance, that we only have until 7AM PST to try for the ring.
    And they also inform us that the skills will be fixed, just in case we thought the ring is removed because it doesn't work.
    Funniest bit is that the notice initially said that the skills will be "fixed", and after cynics on reddit asked whether "fixed" means "removed", the wording got changed to "will be properly applied".

The only thing that doesn't make sense is, why remove them from the books in the first place?
    Why not leave them there and let people keep trying and spending and trying and spending some more until the books go away?

It's almost as if GMS has two teams working at cross-purposes. One thinks the ring is OP and needs to go away, the other thinks it's fine and needs to be fixed and used to make $$$. So they do both at the same time.

wrong, they did listed nerfs and removals in maintenance notes before.. like with 'choco power' buff

it doesn't matter if last date for ppl to get the item is today or at 14/3..
    they made a mistake and fixing it now.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017
    Someone, somewhere must have had a list of the rewards or at least tested it?

It seems like a very weird move to me.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited March 2017
    Lol when you're so used to the incompetence that you just laugh
    MageOfBattles
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    I'm fairly certain there's a reasonable explanation to why they came to this decision, right now we should just wait til the stream hits. More than likely we'll get a better explanation there.