[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

{COMPLETE} Scheduled Maintenance - Mar 9, 2017

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited March 2017 in Vault
We will be performing a scheduled minor patch on Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:00 AM PST (10:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM CET / 2:00 AM AEDT). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding around 10:00 AM PST (1:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CET / 5:00 AM AEDT).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

Thursday, March 9, 2017
- PST: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- EST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- CET: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- AEDT: 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM (March 10)

What will be unavailable:

All MapleStory game servers.

Changes and Updates:

- MapleStory will be updated to v.183.4.0.
- Opening the Fishing Material Bag will no longer cause the client to close.
- The Dimensional Mirror in San Commerci will be removed.
- Fixed an issue where only one Golden Hammer could be applied to an item.
- The Breath of Divinity ring will no longer be obtainable from Philosopher’s Book.
- The Breath of Divinity ring skills will be properly applied.
- Stat increases from Jett skills Gun Mastery and Giga Buster will now be properly applied.
- Aborted BFF missions will no longer count towards the daily number of attempts.
- The BFF dialogue for claiming rewards when the mission was aborted will be fixed.
- The Gachapon list will be updated to apply the March 9 Cash Shop Update.
- An issue with Jaguars from Wild Hunter’s 5th skill, Jaguar Storm falling through Gollux platforms will be fixed.
- Rewards will be distributed to players that have migrated from Direct Launch to Nexon Launcher between February 28, 2017 and March 6, 2017. Please claim your rewards by clicking the gift box icon on the left side of the screen before 11:59 PM PDT on April 30, 2017. Players that have not yet migrated to Nexon Launcher can still do so before 12:00 AM PDT on April 7, 2017 to receive rewards.
Glirotus

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    So now only hackers and those willing to buy from dupers (for real-world money, of course) will have Breath of Divinity, skills and all.
    What, exactly, is the rationale behind that?
    If the skill is too powerful to be allowed in the game, then remove it from the rings. You've done it before with Orchid's Badge, you can do it again. It's not like your ad copy ever said the ring has the skill.
    And if the skill is allowed in the game, then why let dupers make $$$ off people's desire for it, instead of Nexon?
    YodaLilyflower
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    So now only hackers and those willing to buy from dupers (for real-world money, of course) will have Breath of Divinity, skills and all.
    If the skill is too powerful to be allowed in the game, then remove it from the rings. You've done it before with Orchid's Badge, you can do it again. It's not like your ad copy ever said the ring has the skill.
    And if the skill is allowed in the game, then why let dupers make $$$ off people's desire for it, instead of Nexon?

Can't agree with you since you not mentioned frenzy totem skill which is more powerful.
    As long as frenzy totem in game it doesn't matter what they add after it.

They do need to work on blocking hackers and dupers so they wont be able to do that ofc. but thats not a reason to prevent those who got it from cash shop to have it.

You can always blow off some steam at Rants and raves forum.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »

Can't agree with you since you not mentioned frenzy totem skill which is more powerful.

They do need to work on blocking hackers and dupers so they wont be able to do that ofc. but thats not a reason to prevent those who got it from cash shop to have it.

I am not angry, I am just puzzled.
    And I did not express any opinion about the skill, whether it is too powerful or not.
    I only said that Nexon's actions seem self-contradictory.
    IF the skill is too powerful, it should not be fixed.
    IF the skill is not too powerful, the ring should not be removed.
    Fixing the skill and at the same time removing the ring from the books is simply not logical.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »

I am not angry, I am just puzzled.
    And I did not express any opinion about the skill, whether it is too powerful or not.
    I only said that Nexon's actions seem self-contradictory.
    IF the skill is too powerful, it should not be fixed.
    IF the skill is not too powerful, the ring should not be removed.
    Fixing the skill and at the same time removing the ring from the books is simply not logical.

I do understand why u puzzled, but that ring wasn't in Philosopher’s Book reward list since day 1.
    They fixed it to work as intended and removed it from cash shop method that players shouldn't get it from.
    I'm sure they have planes adding it with the proper highlights, maybe to marvel. just need patience, and this will be available again in cash shop for those who willing to spend money on gambling. (yea that part is a bummer, but like 7 months after frenzy totem i learned to live with this kind of advantage)
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited March 2017
    This maintenance has been completed.
    MegaScience