[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Switching from Gamelauncher Rewards

BIackbeanBIackbean
Reactions: 3,450
edited February 2017 in General Chat
So, I have like technically always used the nexon launcher and I must of at least used the gamelauncher exe when the nexon launcher was glitching out. However, I did not receive the rewards. But hypothetically speaking, if you have never used the gamelauncher exe--- we should still get rewards for being loyal as a nexon launcher user !

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's the same logic as the "welcome back" packages Nexon sometimes gives out to people who haven't played in a long time.
    Logically, you'd think they'd reward loyal players. But...
    Its2Sharp4UTuba
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited February 2017
    ya ik, but last time when I complained about that. The loyal players were indeed rewarded later on. Maybe it will work again :D
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's the same logic as the "welcome back" packages Nexon sometimes gives out to people who haven't played in a long time.

It's for people who preferred to use the direct launch. If they'd given the gift to everyone it would have ruined why they were giving it out in the first place.
    JettLuvsU
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

It's for people who preferred to use the direct launch. If they'd given the gift to everyone it would have ruined why they were giving it out in the first place.

If I switch right now, can I still get the rewards?

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited March 2017

They said they extended event, but I switched and still did not get rewards?

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

From what I understand, as long as you used GameLauncher at least once before February 13th (I think?), then yeah, you should still be able to get the rewards if you use the Nexon Launcher. Gotta wait til maintenance for the rewards though lol.

I'm kinda peeved cuz I finally decided to log in using the Nexon Launcher (just once for the rewards - I'm milking the GameLauncher til we're forced off of it), but I did it on March 7th, the day after the cutoff for the past maintenance... Needed those 2x coupons for the upcoming 2x. Guess I gotta do BFF lol.
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited March 2017
    It's strange, I've gotten the rewards (on 2 accounts) even tho I've never used or downloaded the Nexon Launcher. I've only used the Game Launcher, since forever.

However, I have a good idea of what action made it give me the rewards, altho I can't be sure ;]
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited March 2017
    lame, i still dont get why i didnt get it O_O
    ShadowJoshXD