[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff dual blade speed attack

inukiroyainukiroya
Reactions: 880
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Im watching alot of videos and alot of classes vs dbs the attacking skill is alot slower. Dbs should be one of the most fast attacking classes in game, not 2 handed sword warriors or long polearms, blaster has 2 heavy arm cannons and these classes and more double our attack skill speed.
Idc about dmg, just attack speed because speed is my favorite thing.

Could simply add a passive to break -1 attack speed (rune breaks 0 attack speed) or change the class to naturally attack faster

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Given how your reddit thread went, do you really think this one is going to go any better?
    JosrevKylehell007
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    inukiroya wrote: »
    Idc about dmg, just attack speed because speed is my favorite thing.

That's not going to buy it, sorry.

Opposed.
    WarmCha
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    edited March 2017
    I didnt know nexon reads reddit. Lol to everyone opposing class balances
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    For those curious to see how his reddit thread went.
  • JosrevJosrev
    Reactions: 1,425
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    For those curious to see how his reddit thread went.

no need to see leddit to know the outcome of someone's post asking for a buff on one of the fastest attackers in game lmao
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    I honestly don't see how "Dual Blades are weak".

What proof do you have that "x" class does more damage per minute? (taking this from your reddit thread)

And what proof was do you have that "x" class has double the amount of a Dual Blade's attack speed?

In honesty, I believe you have no idea what you're talking about. Even if the Dual Blades damage is reduced to compensate by adding an exclusive -1 attack speed is an honest unnecessary change. It's a waste of time to even bother arguing even before the flaws of increasing the attack speed cap, such as disconnection.
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    edited March 2017
    Dbs arent weak they just need to be buffed to be uppar with the other classes. You clearly didnt see me say -1 speed att which is only accessible with rune.

As stated a ton of times theres video proof on u2ube with this guys vs alot of classes in bossing, you can clearly see classes like blaster and kaiser attacking 2x the rate of dbs when i didnt know 2 handed heavy weps = faster than 2 light weps.

For ex.
    Blaster time 1:25
    Db time 2:50

You guys can look for yourselves instead of me having to "prove" myself. I main a db since chaos opened and havent swiched mains since. Soo i already know dbs mechanics better and can keep my dps up more than most dbs ive seen. I can even combo blade acend, bf, blade acend and fa b4 even touching the

I noticed ppl dont bother speculating and debating and rather and bash on ppls opinions.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    inukiroya wrote: »
    Dbs arent weak they just need to be buffed to be uppar with the other classes. You clearly didnt see me say -1 speed att which is only accessible with rune.

As stated a ton of times theres video proof on u2ube with this guys vs alot of classes in bossing, you can clearly see classes like blaster and kaiser attacking 2x the rate of dbs when i didnt know 2 handed heavy weps = faster than 2 light weps.

For ex.
    Blaster time 1:25
    Db time 2:50

You guys can look for yourselves instead of me having to "prove" myself. I main a db since chaos opened and havent swiched mains since. Soo i already know dbs mechanics better and can keep my dps up more than most dbs ive seen. I can even combo blade acend, bf, blade acend and fa b4 even touching the

I noticed ppl dont bother speculating and debating and rather and bash on ppls opinions.

This video?

This Blaster in this video does not have "double the amount of attack speed" of a dual blade. This is also under the fact that they were capping 50 million damage before the increase to 10 billion so this isn't valid anymore as you think about it. Reason being capped damage can change a lot of things which generally means harder hitting classes as Blaster on on-par attack speed (not faster) with Dual Blades will most likely hit more.

Lets throw in another video.

This Kaiser in this video is possibly attacking faster by a small amount, probably not noticeable that people will actually disagree with until someone comes up with the math. But again this is under the conditions of capping damage. The biggest difference is dealing with the mobs during the eye stage where the Kaiser has a summon. The Dual Blade does not have a summon so he has to deal with them face-to-face.

I've main a Dual Blade before the Visitors patch so I know what I'm talking about.

I don't get how a Blade Ascension + Blade Fury + Blade Ascension combo proves you know Dual Blade mechanics work. You don't generally use that during bossing which is where you can only reference them "doing more damage and faster than Dual Blades".

The sheer fact that you don't mention bossing yourself proves that you know nothing about what it actually feels like as an actual Dual Blade fighting. You haven't mentioned their abilities such Final Cut and Chains of Hell which provides 3 seconds of invincibility, or how Mirror Target can keep up Shadow Meld as long as it keeps getting hit which gives us higher Critical Chance and more attack. What about our new skill Blade Tempest which does ridiculous amount of lines within 10 seconds with 100% defense ignore with a cooldown of 90 seconds which is basically another Asura's Anger.

How am I suppose to believe you that Dual Blades need a buff when you're talking only about old outdated videos and not being able to touch the ground instead of something concrete like a few days ago in-game?

There are probably better bossers than me out there, but I doubt you've ever met Chaos Pink Bean yet since you're only considering videos under certain conditions which are no longer valid.

Considering that you replied to this post on reddit:

"Brendenx3": Also while we're at it, since Jett's DPS is half of every other class

With this:

"Kiroya": I mean, if thats what theyre class is supposed to be like than yeah?

Are you going to continue to say "I don't care about damage just increase the attack speed for dual blades" which is a lie in itself because it requires to calculate cast speed of the attack with damage in order to defeat monsters faster. I'm not doing the math for you since you've only looked at videos visually, let alone adding anything from bossing experience.

There's a big difference between criticism and bashing. This is vital information telling between your bias and actual truth for Dual Blades. I've tried my best to always pull up proof in many other threads, where's yours? I can't take you seriously that Dual Blades need a revamp. If you think you "don't need proof look it up yourself" this isn't how we fix bugs or make suggestions on this forum. How else are people going to believe you then?
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    edited March 2017
    You can count in the blaster vid tho 3 casts from blaster vs 1 cast from db per sec. And i think i know how to boss already, can solo cra,hmag and cvell w.o death at 1.5m range when i first got that range. I know all tips and tricks on the class but i didnt think i needed to state those since i was only talking about attack speed.

Visually you can also look atwhen the lines show up not the animation
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    DBs are fast attackers. They are not only fast in attacking but in mobility too! They are far more flexible compared to the other 2 jobs.

I don't know why you would just only compare 'Attack speed' (and probably on stationary target) with Blaster or Kaiser without including other factors. DBs are far more easier to play than these 2 jobs for optimal damage output including mobility.

DBs are fine how they are and they got improved from time to time.

Increasing the attack speed, does increase the damage dealt in time.