[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What grinds my gears in Maple....

MaverickRedMaverickRed
Reactions: 800
edited February 2017 in Rants and Raves
I've been playing Maplestory on and off since the Big Bang Update so I've seen the good, bad, and the downright ugly of this MMO. I've stuck though it all and got my very first character to Level 200 even though it literally took me some years to do and now the real work begins and yet...I get angry and/or frustrated with a lot of things that are plaguing this game (and still plaguing it)! First off the god's forsaken Event Hall lag aka Lag Hall bka Lag Trap, even back when this space was brought out it was laggy and just unpleasant to enter except for one moment in time you could enter and not lag (yes there was a time the Event Hall was lag-free but it was long ago). With the Sengoku High event NPC now in the Event Hall almost no one can take part unless you have a friend in there and you can teleport to them (but I've heard you could use a Teleport Rock too dunno if it's true though). This should've been fixed ages ago but it's a problem still today, myself and many others could not do Sengoku High because of the Event Hall Lag. Whoever's idea it was to put Boss Kumi in the Event Hall should be fired, Nexon.

Lastly the bots, the numerous bots just..botting it up within Maple! Like what the actually eff Nexon? Doesn't botting violate your terms of service and yet I still see so many bots in area training using one skill to attack everything within the map? I'm sure you're "trying" to clean up the bots but they persist. I've seen so many Pensalir Blaze Wizard bots since my return that it's ridiculous! It's just disgusting when a bot is attacking everything within a map that I have to leave and search for another map that's clear of bots and it's always in the Burning Fields that are within 70% to 100%! Scrapyard Hill, Twilight Perion, etc the bots are there....get freaking serious Nexon and clear out the bots!

Now I know that Nexon will possibly never get around to fixing the Event Hall (since it seems like it's been under investigation since early last year or even before that from what I've heard) and the bot population will not decrease but these are problems that need to be solved somehow but Nexon won't put in the work, manpower, and capital into fixing these and other problems plaguing Maplestory, in my honest opinions those awards that got a while back are undeserved and should be stripped away from Nexon and given to a game that deserves them (if there is one *shrugs*). I love MS but I hate to see these problems go ignored while Nexon gives the community the middle finger saying "it's under investigation". Stop lying to the community and put some actual effort into fixing Maplestory

Comments

• VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited March 2017
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20967/v-183-kerning-city-superstars-patch-notes

Event hall is literally being addressed in the patch notes.

Botting isn't exactly an easy issue to fix. They're trying, but they don't have the same luxuries as the KMS branch does when fixing their problems.
    JettLuvsU
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    edited March 2017
    iMaMadHobo wrote: »
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20967/v-183-kerning-city-superstars-patch-notes

Event hall is literally being addressed in the patch notes.

Botting isn't exactly an easy issue to fix. They're trying, but they don't have the same luxuries as the KMS branch does when fixing their problems.

Yeah I just read the patch notes but I remain skeptical til I go in there and see for myself, also I understand that the botting issue isn't easy to fix but more should be done to handle them.

• AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2017
    Botting might not be an easy thing to fix, but it should be one of the things that has high priority. There are more and more hackers (Bots / active hackers) since recently because nexon isn't doing anything about it. As for the Event hall, I didn't have lag myself. But for those that do: I hope it actually gets fixed now so you guys can participate in events as well. This is something that should have been worked on a long time ago. Especially if it's something as minor as removing some background items and NPC's .
    JettLuvsUBuniz
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    edited March 2017
    Okay reviving this thread after a week of playing the update and....I'm disappointed. The event hall still lags for me (post if it does for you too), yes I've noticed they changed the background but something in there is lagging me to a crawl and I pray no more event NPCs go in there anymore (but they probably will, Nexon just doesn't heed the community on this issue). Content wise...it's nice having Kerning Tower back and playing a revamped and continued version of an old quest. Hopefully there's better content around the corner (like maybe another Burning Event? I really would like to make a Bowmaster!). WHat in MS has your gears grinding, post it in here! Share your frustrations and/or irritations with fellow player! Right now this unscheduled login maintenance has my gears grinding to halt because I wanted to grind my I/L Arch Mage to 150 today!
  • moonchasemoonchase
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    dont know why you're hating on bots, its what provides us with clean slate scrolls, unless you're reboot and its just str8 unfair then
  • moonchasemoonchase
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    i can agree with you on event hall they probably will never fix it or fix it in a very very long time
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    Maplers: TOwns are lagging! We like the event hall by the way, but Get Cassandra, Maple admin and Gaga out of the towns!
    Nexon: okay we're taking them out of the towns.
    Maplers: yay town lag free! We love you Nexon!
    Nexon: oh by the way, you said you like the Event hall right?
    Maplers: Yeah We love having the NPCs all in one place, easy to find them! We love you Nexon!
    Nexon: okay well we're putting Gaga, Cassandra and Maple admin into the Event hall
    Maplers: Eventhall is lagging out and we can't use them, take Cassie and Gaga and MapAdmin out and give them a room alone.
    Nexon: oh sorry to hear you can't enjoy the Event hall... well we'll take the Elephant that gave no one problems out and see if that helps.

#NexonLogic
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Maplers: TOwns are lagging! We like the event hall by the way, but Get Cassandra, Maple admin and Gaga out of the towns!
    Nexon: okay we're taking them out of the towns.
    Maplers: yay town lag free! We love you Nexon!
    Nexon: oh by the way, you said you like the Event hall right?
    Maplers: Yeah We love having the NPCs all in one place, easy to find them! We love you Nexon!
    Nexon: okay well we're putting Gaga, Cassandra and Maple admin into the Event hall
    Maplers: Eventhall is lagging out and we can't use them, take Cassie and Gaga and MapAdmin out and give them a room alone.
    Nexon: oh sorry to hear you can't enjoy the Event hall... well we'll take the Elephant that gave no one problems out and see if that helps.

#NexonLogic

You got your timeline wrong.
    Event hall was created to house those three NPC's, that caused town lag. There was never a time when it existed and they were not in it.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    Perhaps. But I thought there was a week between the hall and the lag trio being moved there. I do recall people complaining about not able to do events because towns were too laggy because of Cassandra and such. It felt like a slap to the face to put the three in a tighter space with the content we wanted them out for in the first place.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Perhaps. But I thought there was a week between the hall and the lag trio being moved there. I do recall people complaining about not able to do events because towns were too laggy because of Cassandra and such. It felt like a slap to the face to put the three in a tighter space with the content we wanted them out for in the first place.

People complained for years about town lag.
    Fiel of Southperry figured out that it was due to those three NPCs and the scripts they were running in a loop, and the outcry went out to fix them or at least move them out of the towns' main area (this idea was based on the fact that the only town that didn't lag was Aquarium, because in that town these 3 were inside the Zoo entrance room, rather than out in the town's main area. And that room they were in was very laggy).
    Nexon decided to give them a room of their own, called Event Hall.
    They also cleaned their scripts up a bit, so Event Hall did not initially lag too bad.
    Later Nexon decided that since we had Event Hall and it was accessible from every town, there's no longer a need to put event NPC's in every town (or every major town), and they can all be put in Event Hall... Yeah, they forgot why those 3 were exiled in the first place.
  • RainOnRosesRainOnRoses
    Reactions: 400
    edited April 2017
    I absolutely cannot move in the Event Hall. I get about maybe 1f per 30s. It's impossible for me to function in there. I quit playing about 3 years ago because of this kind of stuff. I just returned and am amazed to find that it's even worse than it was before! I got at least a couple fps 3 years ago. I've been playing on and off since the beginning. I still have a Maple Shield, Maple Staff Wand, and a Maple Kandiva that I could donate to the museum this year if I wanted. :D