[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PSA: Server reset is now at 5PM PDT / 8PM EDT

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Because UTC doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time.

Enjoy the confusion, courtesy of Nexon America.
NyaraTanyadeadend5193MegaScience

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hence why there wasn't a Daylight Saving Time Maintenance this March.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    .....FOR THE LUBBA...
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited March 2017
    Wow, it has changed again?!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

It hasn't changed. It's still midnight UTC.
    However, since the United States moved to Daylight Savings Time, and UTC never moves, the time difference between UTC and people in the US has changed.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

However, since the United States moved to Daylight Savings Time, and UTC never moves, the time difference between UTC and people in the US has changed.

I wouldn't say it's just the US. Canada is also affected by this too, and whoever is turning the clocks.

It does lead to confusion though since this is a first for us Maplers. But the real problem is if Nexon can handle it, and we've seen those results before...
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'm okay with this, since it means that server time will only change when my own time changes, and not when PST changes, and then again back when my time changes like a few weeks later.
    But yes, it's too complicated because Nexon hasn't changed all events and sales to UTC as well, so those will still become confusing as all hell.
    JettLuvsU
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

technical details aside, that's what i meant. -- the reset time changed again, for those who are affected by daylight savings