[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some elite bosses causes disconnect

EnduguEndugu
Reactions: 940
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:

Disconnecting

Brief bug summary:

Some elite bosses seem to have an attack that causes a disconnect

More details:

Most of the elite bosses work just fine, but sometimes they seem to have an attack (I have no idea which one) that causes me to disconnect and return to the "select a channel" screen. If I reconnect, I can continue to hit the boss, but I often disconnect a few more times before I can kill it.

Last boss that it happened on was an "Overwhelming Healer Black Knight Mokadin". I can't remember what the other bosses were that caused this. Might be the same, might be others.

Steps to reproduce:

- Summon an elite boss
- Wait and see if it disconnects you

Character name:

Tylx

Character level:

Character job:

Windarcher

World name:

Luna

Date and time of the incident:

Around 14:30 CET, Lachelein Night Market, Chicken Festival 2 (but also happens on other maps)

Comments

• RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited March 2017
    I've found that when the Elites use any of their given attacks for the first time, this causes the DC. Also, when you return to the same map, give about 5-10 seconds and you'll get a second DC.
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    Bug type:

Functionality, Monster, Disconnection

Brief bug summary:

Some Elite Bosses has an attack/skill that causes disconnection back to world select.

More details:

Most of the Elite Bosses summoned does not trigger this condition.

It is unknown which prefix of Elite Boss or what attack/skill causes this. The job class of the Elite Boss does not matter.

Steps to reproduce:

- Summon an Elite Boss
    - Wait and see if it disconnects you

---
    RogueBlood wrote: »
    I've found that when the Elites use any of their given attacks for the first time, this causes the DC. Also, when you return to the same map, give about 5-10 seconds and you'll get a second DC.

Yes, this seems to be the case. Since I can eliminate the Elite Boss quickly it usually takes me 1-2 re-logins to kill it, if no one else kills it before me.