[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bun Shop Negative Point.

x3Billyx3Billy
Reactions: 200
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting

Comments

• TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2017
    Just look at the SS

hWpHFW4.jpg

that is -4.2 QUINTILIAN
    this happened when I did the steam bun quest 10 times
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2017
    Okay, why did the mod move my post out of the BUG SECTION and into this post instead of the other way around?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Okay, why did the mod move my post out of the BUG SECTION and into this post instead of the other way around?

Working as intended.
  • LegendOfPaul22LegendOfPaul22
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I completed the quest 10 times today, and when I opened the shop, it showed that i had negative buxx. ab43s.jpg
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    Working as intended.

No, I simply wasn't looking at the section names when I merged the threads and "Negative points" was more descriptive.

While we're on the subject I would appreciate it if people followed the bug reporting guidelines:
    Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:

Character level:

Character job:

World name:

Date and time of the incident:

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Edit: The issue has been forwarded, but I would appreciate any information on whether items can still be purchased and so on.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Edit: The issue has been forwarded, but I would appreciate any information on whether items can still be purchased and so on.

Items cannot be purchased with the negative Bun Buxx, even after completing all ten Bun Maestro quests for the day. Definitely did all ten, which should be worth 1000 points, because I got the golden steamed bun for doing so.

Bug type: Broken Event/Quest, Integer Overflow?

Brief bug summary: Current steamed bun event awards negative values of event currency/points.

More details: Completing some number of bun maestro quests, which should award 100 Bun Buxx each to be used to collect rewards from the steamed bun shop, instead results in a massively large negative value, reminiscent of an integer overflow. With this negative point value, items cannot be collected, even upon completing enough quests that one should be able to.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Complete 1 or more Bun Maestro event quests
    2. Open Steamed Bun store menu to check your collected points.
    3. Find massive negative value between 1 billion and 1 quintillion+

Character name: MikeZoda

Character level: 223

Character job: Hero

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 10:55 PM Eastern Time
  • BadAssRicBadAssRic
    Reactions: 900
    edited March 2017
    This event seems buggy alot of ppl did not get their full points or not having points register also.
  • BertjuuuhBertjuuuh
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2017
    [img][/img]Nothing can't be obtained on negative points, even if u did the quest 10x...

This message i get if i want to buy the ring..34drc00.jpg
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Can't collect rewards

Brief bug summary: Issue with the points calculation

More details:
    8y37GiL.jpg

Steps to reproduce: After finishing each quest i get 100 Bun Buxx, and i can do that quest 10 times per day, so on first day i should have 1,000 Bun Buxx. But for some reason it say im missing -2147482848 Bun Buxx.. even if i do the quests every day i won't be able to cover that huge minus.

Date and time of the incident: 3/22/2017
    DaisukeHaruto
  • WeAreOneWeAreOne
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    There is a thread already,.

And ya, we are on the same boat, happened to many others, I wonder if it happened to everyone.
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited March 2017
    I'm having the same problem with the Bun Maestro quest.

Bug type: Glitched/Broken Quest

Brief bug summary: After doing this quest a few times, the amount of "Bun Buxx" I received went into the negative.

More details: This happened around the 7th time I did the quest.

Character name: Rose0Drop

Character level: 166

Character job: Kanna

World name: khania

Date and time of the incident: Around 2:40 AM Eastern Standard Time - 3/22/2017

maplebeanglitch1.jpg

maplebeanglitch2.jpg

• KitepyroKitepyro
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Broken Event/Quest

Brief bug summary: After a few runs, I started to get negative bun buxx points.

More details: It happened after my 4th run of the Steamed Bun Event. It should give you 100 bun buxx every time you complete a run of the Steamed Bun Event. However, it started to give me negative bun buxx points. Before that, I was getting the right amount per run.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Start doing at least one of the event
    2. Once completed, it may or may not tell you have either the right amount of bun buxx points or that you have negative bun buxx points.
    3. Open shop to buy something and it tells you that you can't obtained the reward because you don't have enough points.

Character name: AquaSnow

Character level: 202

Character job: Corsair

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Around 11:20 am EST

25h0i6e.png
  • TheTranManTheTranMan
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    So I am not having the negative billion steam bun points problem like everyone else does at least not yet. But how come my points went to zero? I did the event 2 or 3 times yesterday so therefore I should have 200 or 300 points but now I have 0. MY ATTEMPTS DID NOT RESET. That makes no sense since you are supposed to accumulate points to get the rewards. It does say it resets at midnight but it should reset my attempts not my points. I don't understand?
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    It happens to me too. thrakkes, Lv228 Hero in Mardia. Between 12pm and 1pm East time.

But me and a guildy think it could happen if you tried to complete a quest without consuming the Steamed Bun (One-of-a-kind Item) from previous quest. When it happens, you actually have to consume the item to be able claiming a new Bun and getting pts. But I didn't really pay attention if it would try to add points and can't, so a bug happened. Because I remember I was fine when doing first quests.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited March 2017
    I guess it time for a matinance? I got the negative Point System too.
  • EnepttasticEnepttastic
    Reactions: 420
    edited March 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    It happens to me too. thrakkes, Lv228 Hero in Mardia. Between 12pm and 1pm East time.

But me and a guildy think it could happen if you tried to complete a quest without consuming the Steamed Bun (One-of-a-kind Item) from previous quest. When it happens, you actually have to consume the item to be able claiming a new Bun and getting pts. But I didn't really pay attention if it would try to add points and can't, so a bug happened. Because I remember I was fine when doing first quests.

Nah, mine was borked after turning in my first set of ingredients.
  • Icewave21Icewave21
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited March 2017
    You know what would be great? Giving us all 1k points.

Too bad we're probably going to miss a day a lose the chance to get a title and medal. Looks like we're going to miss the whole event.

Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't actually expect this to be fixed so quickly, thanks for the compensation.
  • eniexeniex
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Broken/Negative points for the steam bun event

Brief bug summary: After making a couple steam buns, opening the steam bun store(where rewards are bought) puts your points into negative.

More details:

Steps to reproduce: Open the steam bun store after making steam buns

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Eniiex

Character level: 162

Character job: Thunder Breaker

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 11:30 pm EST

[img][/img]3jgZchP.jpg

ZgdNz0y.jpg
  • TheTranManTheTranMan
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Is anyone's Bun points getting reset to ZERO? I've done the quest over 10 times now but somehow I end up with no points at all. Im not sure what the negative point hubub is about I haven't experienced it.
  • MarshadowMarshadow
    Reactions: 620
    edited March 2017
    TheTranMan wrote: »
    Is anyone's Bun points getting reset to ZERO? I've done the quest over 10 times now but somehow I end up with no points at all. Im not sure what the negative point hubub is about I haven't experienced it.
    I am yet to see someone who has any point at all
    Having a permanent zero or -2598043985 is pretty much the same thing.