[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In Loving Memory of GameLauncher

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited March 2017 in General Chat
92066605_zpsyocvqaeg.jpg

Let's have a moment of silence for our dear friend GameLauncher, which has served us well for all these years.

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Ah balls, I forgot that was happening tomorrow.

+F
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Guess it's Steam or nothing now , not looking forward to downloading the whole game again...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Maintenance notes don't list any improvements to Nexon Launcher, either.

I hope Nexon has prepared their Customer Support department/contractor to go on double shifts until further notice.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    RIP the only reliable way to launch the game.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    With this forced change, I'm finished. I can't get Steam or Nexon's launcher to work properly.

All the same, I guess. I'm pretty fed up with the direction Nexon is taking this game right now. Hoping for a brighter future for it, but not holding my breath.
    Lilyflowerchaoscauser
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited March 2017
    RIP game launcher the only way to get through the game without problems and now... it's horrible the players will have to use nexon launcher which causes problems and more GG nexon -.-" now how will the players will login with so many problems with nexon launcher and steam.
    chaoscauser
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited March 2017
    I'm saving a copy of GameLauncher.exe and patcher.exe to my backup drive. Never know...

Nexon better not mess this up... Getting rid of your backup launcher (which was the original primary launcher) is not the best move.
    Raw
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I swear to the Black Mage, I'm gonna turn down my chill meter to 0 if I start encountering any issues trying to start the game. Hear me, Nexon.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    Guess it's Steam or nothing now , not looking forward to downloading the whole game again...

Just copy you Maple folder over to the Steam game folder. Did that a few times.

And how I get the DunceLauncher to work is to let it run the intro vid until it yells "power up!" Then click. Choose gms/ems then wait 20 seconds the world. Works 99% of the time.

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Just copy you Maple folder over to the Steam game folder. Did that a few times

Ah ok well still would rather use gamelauncher
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I have had so many issues using the Nexon launcher. Most often the game has become unusable for me because of it. I suppose this is just another example of Nexon not valuing customer feedback as many have spoken out about not wanting this change.
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,965
    edited March 2017
    Welp I'ma change my pw and email to somthing i will forget so i don't come back.... they are focusing on how to make this game worse sooooo....... bye!
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Only used Game-Launcher max of like 10 times over course of the Nexon-Launcher lol

I have other games to play if for whatever reason Nexon-Launcher fails to launch the game. As long as I am able to finish Dailys, i'm good =D

But yeah.. RIP Game-Launcher.

• Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    I thought people had more problems w/ the Nexon Launcher rather than the Game Launcher lmfao

this is stupid as hell, now I have to restart the game in order to log onto my second account.
    and don't give me that bs saying "you're only suppose to have 1 acc" because no we can have more than 1.
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited March 2017
    Wtf? I have a XP desktop and the stupid Nexon Launcher won't install? Wow... You guys really don't want people to play your game, do you?