[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gamelauncher

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Listen to your players. Bring it back.

Like this, I think the more spams and likes we get, the better the chances?
  1. Should Old Launcher Stay?33 votes
    1. Yes.
       70% (23 votes)
    2. Could care less.
       24% (8 votes)
    3. No.
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Voted yes as I can't play with any other methods.... even if they did work I wouldn't want to it's to resource heavy using those other two methods. But they don't care Xenon.... they won't do what the players want .
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    [x] YES

Same as chaoscauser said. I'm screwed out of playing at all 'till this is fixed. I know others are, too.

I imagine they will be forced to call on their "team" to actually get on fixing the still present issues once they start seeing enough lost revenue.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They see a lot fewer players, but they're patting themselves on the back thinking all the lost players were hackers.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited March 2017
    now i cant play the game at all so i vote yes
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    They see a lot fewer players, but they're patting themselves on the back thinking all the lost players were hackers.

I don't think they realise that blocking gamelauncher is only a temporary blockage of SOME hackers. You still get them on Nexon Launcher and all those people hacking on gamelauncher can easily swap over to the other method.....
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    Nexon needs to listen to their players more.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited March 2017
    I'm on board with this as well. It's pretty sad that the players know more about the game's code and structure better than the devs.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited March 2017
    i have 2 accounts in my case nexon launcher work slow for open ,i intent open the game and need wait 3 mint for the window of GAME LAUNCHER NEXON charge and appear, and need wait.. other.. 4 to 3 mint for the log, scenes and region and later wait choose my character, and play...( 6mint to 7 in total ), yes i wish change to my second account need wait others 6 to 7 mint minimun for enter and it tired...(i think w so manys people have it same problem too) other games 2 mint to 1 mint.. and all by the security to the hackers and bugs of years of the game... WOW and KNIGHT ON LINE have a sistem online where the gm IN THE GAME are all the day ON and patrol and receive the consult and problems INSIDE OF THE GAME, a way easy for report hackers, bugs,etc, but nexon an staff of ms need days or weeks, for the reports and investigations for resolved a problem or banned hackers and excuse me by my lenguage iam from of brazil living in lima
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/216150/

always a potential option.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Yeah but the need two steam ids to do that. Steam locks you to one nx id per steam id
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    Reactions: 905
    edited March 2017
    Maplestory has been the only game I have played for many many years.
    Just when I thought Nexon was starting to get things working better (the game not crashing), now, I can no longer play the game.
    I tried for a little over 30 minutes to get the Launcher to install properly to no avail and I am really not interested in trying any further.

It was a fun many years experiencing the game grow in content and absolute frustration watching the quality of the game (programming) devolve

Last person out, please turn off the lights.
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2017
    I personally think I've only ever used the Nexon Launcher o. o ... So I have no idea how Game Launcher works. Would anyone mind explaining to me? (Just because I use Nexon's instead of Game Launcher doesn't mean I think your concerns are invalid btw o. o I'm just not sure what the difference is)
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2017

Would you not have to start all over and make a new account then? One for Steam vs for Nexon?
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    BXL wrote: »
    I personally think I've only ever used the Nexon Launcher o. o ... So I have no idea how Game Launcher works. Would anyone mind explaining to me? (Just because I use Nexon's instead of Game Launcher doesn't mean I think your concerns are invalid btw o. o I'm just not sure what the difference is)

Game Launcher is like Nexon Launcher except you have to manually enter your login info.
    (Even when switching characters on the same account.)
    Game Launcher didn't patch your game, so you would use the patcher in the folder, I think....?
    (I only used Nexon Launcher for patching.)
    Game Launcher would let you return to the region/server select page you got at the start of the launch.
    (Helpful for time you miss-clicked.)
    Game Launcher is apparently more reliable compared to Nexon Launcher for a chunk of the players.

I'm sad that Nexon Launcher hasn't become easier for players to use.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    BXL wrote: »

Would you not have to start all over and make a new account then? One for Steam vs for Nexon?

You should be able to link your current account to your Steam account. I linked my main to my main steam account, and I can still login on that account using the Nexon Launcher (and previously, the GameLauncher). Just gotta login to your MapleStory account through the Steam Launcher once, then it remembers it.