[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Princess no quest still bugged

ToastMasterJToastMasterJ
Reactions: 550
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
I do not know if the quest is supposed to function this way, but I am unable to accept will of the five planets quest 4.
The quest is offered now, however I am unable to accept it. Do I need a hayato in my party to accept? From what I have seen online, a hayato npc is supposed to be waiting for me in the shrine, but I cannot access the shrine because I cannot accept the quest. If I'm not doing the quest right please let me know.

Thank you
  1. Are you able to accept the will of the five planets part 4 quest ?3 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       100% (3 votes)

Comments

• MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited March 2017
    Same trouble here. Looks like the quest was made visible, but is not able to be accepted.

Here's the problem in bug report format for the higher ups to pass on:

Bug Type: Broken Quest/NPC Interaction

Details: Previously, upon completing Will of the Five Planets 3, Princess Sakuno would not offer the followup quest, Will of the Five Planets 4 to some players. After the March 30 maintenance, Princess Sakuno in the Momiji Hills map does have this quest visible when speaking to her, and the quest does appear in the Available Quests list in the quest journal. However, upon reading through her dialog and attempting to accept the quest to start it, nothing happens. I have attempted this both by talking directly to the NPC and by the cash shop item that allows remote acceptance of quests. Neither method will actually start the quest, and the cash shop item was not lost when attempting to accept.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using a character that previously could not see Will of the Five Planets 4 available, speak to the Princess Sakuno NPC at Momiji Hills map.
    2. Proceed through her dialog and press the Accept button.
    2a. Selecting Decline will get a different, unhappy dialog prompt from her as expected.
    3. Quest will not actually begin, the quest icon above Sakuno will remain a light bulb and not become the open book that usually signifies a quest being active.
    4. Attempt to speak to Sakuno again as desired, find steps 2-4 will repeat.

Character Name:
    MikeZoda

Character Class:
    Hero (Explorer), Level 223

Time of Incident:
    March 30, 2017 2:15 PM EST

I'm glad the original bug was actually acknowledged and attempted to be fixed, just a few more steps to go toward full functionality though.
  • ToastMasterJToastMasterJ
    Reactions: 550
    edited March 2017

Details: Previously, upon completing Will of the Five Planets 3, Princess Sakuno would not offer the followup quest, Will of the Five Planets 4 to some players. After the March 30 maintenance, Princess Sakuno in the Momiji Hills map does have this quest visible when speaking to her, and the quest does appear in the Available Quests list in the quest journal. However, upon reading through her dialog and attempting to accept the quest to start it, nothing happens. I have attempted this both by talking directly to the NPC and by the cash shop item that allows remote acceptance of quests. Neither method will actually start the quest, and the cash shop item was not lost when attempting to accept.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using a character that previously could not see Will of the Five Planets 4 available, speak to the Princess Sakuno NPC at Momiji Hills map.
    2a. Selecting Decline will get a different, unhappy dialog prompt from her as expected.
    3. Quest will not actually begin, the quest icon above Sakuno will remain a light bulb and not become the open book that usually signifies a quest being active.

Character Name:
    SonataLament

Character Class:
    Shade(hero) level 211

Time of Incident:
  • lormarkielormarkie
    Reactions: 920
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem as explained in the original post.
    The quest appears (will of the five planets quest 4), but when I try to accept it nothing happends.
    This quest has been bugged for so long now... I hope it will be fixed soon, because I really want to fight Princess No.

Character name: aMilletian (level 222 Aran)
    Time: March 30, 2017 22:17 PM CET
  • RaenekiraRaenekira
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2017

Steps to reproduce:

Character Name:
    RaeneKira

Character Class:
    Bishop level 204

Time of Incident:
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2017
    same problem
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for the report. I've forwarded this along with your additional details. Hopefully the quest line hitches can be worked out.
  • UnlimitedPowerUnlimitedPower
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Time to revive this thread since the quests are not working for some people now.