[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

nexon launcher issues with patches

YakudleYakudle
Reactions: 2,085
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
why the nexon launcher after doing the verifing process shows a message that it needs to patch the game
then starts by deleting the files of game and starts the download of the 9gb instead of just patching the client? which i assume a patch of the game doesnt even reach 1gb to begin with unless its a nasty amount of new stuff being added but thats not the case for the "12th terrorversary" or is it?

also why after i disabled auto updates it enables itself when i restart my pc? thats not what its supposed to do this program seems to hold more behind its code now the user cant disable options you gotta be joking?

why we have to endure extra wait time to start playing now?
the previous method with the gamelauncher was
click the gamelauncher->click play->select your world server->log in->by the way after log in i still have to wait to the other servers to be connected
i mean i have to wait to do the ->select world->channel->character->play

now with the nexon launcher theres more steps added to everything we/i have to do
run the nexon launcher->log in(auto)->click play->virify->then previous steps start again

we have to wait from 2mins to (somepeople) one hour to do every step in order to play
cant we have some sort of improved launch set up?

like adding an option in the nexon launcher to have a region of the world selected to play like
in the game options->region option-> america [○] europe []
if we had that then the nexon launcher would be somehow bearable now with 1 less step to play? for many...

Comments

• yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    Hi Yakudle,
    Is the issue here that your Nexon Launcher does "Verifying" step everytime when you play "PLAY" button?
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited March 2017
    no the first issue is that it needs to download the full game instead of patching when its telling the user that its performing a patch in the first place
    the second issue its that its required to wait more time in order to actually play the game with the nexon launcher so

adding the option to save a preselected region (america/europe) was a tiny suggestion for the options menu in the nexon launcher
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited April 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    no the first issue is that it needs to download the full game instead of patching when its telling the user that its performing a patch in the first place
    the second issue its that its required to wait more time in order to actually play the game with the nexon launcher so

adding the option to save a preselected region (america/europe) was a tiny suggestion for the options menu in the nexon launcher

@Yakudle
    Thanks for clarifying,
    In order to investigate, we have couple more questions regarding your first issue:
    1. Did the launcher ask you to import the game?
    2. Do you know the version you were on before starting the patch process?
    Thanks for your feedback on Nexon Launcher optimization! We will suggest adding a region selection to the launcher.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    Seems to happen after every patch. The launcher wants you to re-download the entire game. It's incredibly irritating. I played just before the patch np and now have to download it again?
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    Seems to happen after every patch. The launcher wants you to re-download the entire game. It's incredibly irritating. I played just before the patch np and now have to download it again?