[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Removing gamelauncher has made me unable to play

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
1 Nexon launcher doesn't work (Just sits on updating forever) It's unoptimized as hell to, lacks features of the game launcher, and it's an extra program to have to deal with as well as makes the run worse.

2 Steam launch doesn't work (Says my OS isn't supported)

Sure gamelauncher patches slow and may use more resource for nexon. but running the game actually works and it's less resource heavy for users.... you're the company it should be more resource heavy for you. You should be putting more resource in to the game.

Really well done Nexon , would love to know who's idea it was to get rid of gamelauncher.. KMS gamelauncher works fine and even better. Just give us that one....

Guess I will be playing KMS until you get your act together as I can't play (If you get it together, I've lost all hope and respect for you completely due to this decision and will not play any other other game by you until you start caring and communicating with us better. It just baffles me when we clearly voiced our opinion in bulk about our concerns about the removal of gamelauncher yet you remove it anyway. It was clear that many of us wouldn't be able to play or want to play with the removal but you just do what you want despite what we say about it.

You removed web launcher which was also much more stable and now you remove the only other stable way of launching/running the game in terms of resources leaving the two worse ways, it's just not logical at all.

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    This is the same thing that happens to me, chaoscauser. I have hung up on the game for now because of it, among a lot of other things.

Not that I figured on Nexon getting their ducks in a row before such a drastic change or anything like that...
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This is the same thing that happens to me, chaoscauser. I have hung up on the game for now because of it, among a lot of other things.

Not that I figured on Nexon getting their ducks in a row before such a drastic change or anything like that...

I've been trying to quit for awhile now but the time invested in all my characters was the main reason I stuck around and I still get enjoyment out of say like last patch when they opened Kerning Tower, playing through the theme dungeon for the first time. But now I physically can't play I just feel like getting rid of the game completely.
    DeeMon wrote: »
    Give us options, nexon.
    Don't get rid of something that was working fine for others, then force them to choose some garbage that doesn't work.
    Such pricks, dood.

Unfortunately they just don't care otherwise they wouldn't of done it in the first place ... did you see the huge threads about it ? The CM saw them and everything.
    I'm sorry to hear this for you,

I know a guildy of mine was having issues, I had him delete everything, and just reinstall everything from scratch and the game loaded just fine for him this morning.

I hope an update fixes this for you soon. Make sure you report the issues your having so that it can eventually be fixed for everyone.

Well honestly I just have no energy doing so, reinstalling a game client as big as MapleStory and it still might not work might just frustrate me even more... Even if an update fixes Nexon Launcher or Steam it just won't run well as both are extras and the game will just become horrible to play again especially when doing kill quests. Which doesn't even happen in KMS. The KMS gamelauncher is so smooth and barely uses much resources like the one here. Heck I can have multiple other windows open and my PC isn't that great. I guess the only thing I can do is possibly wait till I can afford a new computer but unless Nexon changes I just doubt I will even then.

But like I've played a ton on GRAZED, Reboot and Luna starting to put effort in on another server in KMS I just don't even have much inspiration to replay the game on another server.... although I've been playing it a bit more in recent months.

As I don't feel like reporting the issue will do anything whatsoever, I'm sick of talking to Nexon Support most of the time it's automated replies. I just feel like no one at the company cares or at least the higher ups. How the game has fallen from grace..
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited March 2017
    @chaoscauser

you need an expensive internet to play kms? you still need kssn to even make an acount?
    maybe ill try kms since you said its better than this and since i cant play aswell ill spend my time trying to play there from now on i guess
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    @chaoscauser

you need an expensive internet to play kms? you still need kssn to even make an acount?
    maybe ill try kms since you said its better than this and since i cant play aswell ill spend my time trying to play there from now on i guess

Internet no, kssn yes (A friend made me an account from Korea)
    It's better in terms of launching the game ,hackers(They still have a gamelauncher) and stability but not feature wise. GMS has many features which KMS doesn't sure KMS has some GMS doesn't but not many and most of them will come to GMS in future.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited March 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    @chaoscauser

Internet no, kssn yes (A friend made me an account from Korea)
    It's better in terms of launching the game ,hackers(They still have a gamelauncher) and stability but not feature wise. GMS has many features which KMS doesn't sure KMS has some GMS doesn't but not many and most of them will come to GMS in future.

aww i need a kssn then dang gotta find somebody that plays maple willing to share that um {sarcasm off?}
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    Hi chaoscauser,
    We are sorry to hear your experience with Nexon Launcher hasn't been great. :(
    Was the forever update issue ever resolved?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hi chaoscauser,
    We are sorry to hear your experience with Nexon Launcher hasn't been great. :(
    Was the forever update issue ever resolved?

I did eventually get it fixed after a fresh download of the game and launcher but it's a pain to use..... as I play on Europe and Global daily thus I have to close the whole game to swap over from Europe to NA and NA to EU ...
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    @chaoscauser

Glad to hear you are able to get in the game.
    As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.
    Bellamazed
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @chaoscauser

As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.

No problem , Pretty sure it should be possible....
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    @chaoscauser

Thanks for writing back.

I'd love to see an in-game region swap as well. Sometimes (always) I'm a little click-happy and accidentally enter the wrong region :'(
    It's a little frustrating having to close it down again to relaunch into the correct region.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Bellamazed wrote: »
    @chaoscauser

Thanks for writing back.

I'd love to see an in-game region swap as well. Sometimes (always) I'm a little click-happy and accidentally enter the wrong region :'(
    It's a little frustrating having to close it down again to relaunch into the correct region.

Think most people would. Another thing that's started happening now is every time I swap character it now says "Unable to connect to the game server " and the game closes completely forcing me to relaunch the game.... so frustrating.
    ruth02