[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's so irritating....

Comments

• ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited April 2017
    Oh my. I didn't expect this thread to start any real discussion.

On one hand, it's comforting knowing that this happens to other players and that they also find it uncomfortable...
    ...but also it sucks that there's no real effective way to stop it besides lying, and even then, that's not guaranteed to work. Especially if you go the "I'm a 35 yo man" route, because then they harass you for being the creep which is just... dumb. Not that I really expect an effective way to stop these interactions. I sorta wish the Blacklist can stop players from just appearing on your screen, but that's like... probably asking for too much, lmao.
    JettLuvsU
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    It'd be more effective if blacklisting someone applied to their whole account, rather than just a single ign. They revamped the buddy system to encompass the whole account, so I don't know why the blacklist can't get the same treatment.
  • JubJubJubJub
    Reactions: 470
    edited April 2017
    Does this really happen? Most people are AFK in hene at Scania
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    TribalStar wrote: »
    Always ask to skype, best way to tell

Not always a good idea, personal information should stay personal.

As for this whole post, I've had this happen on occasion. But I choose what could be considered the best option. Be polite and change the subject. =]
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited April 2017
    What creeps me out more is grown men playing girl characters, I mean I don't see the appeal at all unless your a complete loser who thinks this is the only way to control a girl lol
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    What creeps me out more is grown men playing girl characters, I mean I don't see the appeal at all unless your a complete loser who thinks this is the only way to control a girl lol

Which is true in Maple, since there's no gender difference aside from AB and Mihile, but other games have differences between gender. EX: A new game I tried recently called Dungeon Fighter Online, has a male mage and a female mage, and both have different classes. Male mage had glacial master, and Female had summoner.
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited April 2017

Which is true in Maple, since there's no gender difference aside from AB and Mihile, but other games have differences between gender. EX: A new game I tried recently called Dungeon Fighter Online, has a male mage and a female mage, and both have different classes. Male mage had glacial master, and Female had summoner.

Still awaiting my camp AB and butch female Mihile xD
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017

I prefer to think of it as creating a story. Plus it allows me to get in touch with the feminine aspect safely. Might write or sketch up one to post here sometime when maple is updating again.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I usually play characters in all games as the gender they're portrayed in official media (defaulting to male if they're both portrayed equally). My AB's female, Kanna's female, Bishop is female (RED portrays the mage as a girl), etc. Aran was a funny one. I coulda sworn they were pushing him as a dude back then, so I had a male one when it came out. Now Aran's supposedly a girl. Or maybe he(?) just grew her(?) hair long.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited April 2017
    Just be a Zero. Switch chars when u feel uncomfortable xP.
    On a serious note, there is nothing that can be done. Unless that player harasses you verbally ( actually texting but yeah..u get the point ). If he's creepy and stalks you, i don't think there is something nexon can do. This happens in each and every game that has gender based chars. Some males do get aroused by this chunk of pixels.