[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This is some next level BS!!!! WTF

JinTheHeroJinTheHero
Reactions: 430
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
I can't believe they increased the attendance quests from 200 to 2000 kills!!!!! WHO ELSE IS EXTREMELY UPSET BY THIS?!!!! WE MUST COMPLAIN, SO THEY POTENTIALLY CHANGE IT BACK TO 200 FOR FUTURE ATTENDANCE EVENTS!!!!! 2000 KILLS WILL INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPING CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME AND THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO THE MAPLE COMMUNITY. IT'S NOT A JOKE!!!!!
  1. WHO ELSE IS PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS?!!!!!17 votes
    1. I TOTALLY AM BECAUSE THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL BS!!!!
       53% (9 votes)
    2. I'm not upset about this
       47% (8 votes)

Comments

• SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited April 2017
    im confused if ur serious or not
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If killing 2000 enemies gives you carpal tunnel, you're playing the wrong game (or the wrong class).

If it's any consolation, looking at KMS, this was their only attendance that required that many kills. I guess Nexon considers these rewards so valuable that they don't want people doing this attendance on dozens of accounts.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited April 2017
    I'm upset that there are no extra days available.
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I think the attendance event kills should possibly be level based.

I am only new back to Maple and I found it took me a few hours to get the 2k kills on my relatively low leveled character. While this might not seem long to some, I really don't have 3-4 or so hours every day to complete the kills required for attendance and as a result will not get all the rewards :(
    Fennekin
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited April 2017
    I honestly thought it was a typo, I was sadly mistaken. 200 was fine we could do that and more on our account but 2000 is abit much, takes about an hour on my main and about 2 hours on my bean lol
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    2000 is overkill weekdays I don't have the time especially if it was like on the patch day due to how long the maintenance was and the finish time of it.
    Bellamazed
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    2000 kills really isn't that much when you think about it.

For those level 200+ There's the Arcane River dailies where that can have 1000 mobs killed to complete the dailies, then to tranquil erdas to kill 1000 more.
    Lower levels there's the theme dungeons, the typical grind maps also.

For those saying about other commitments like school and work. Do the quests in more bite-sized chunks... Kill a few, do some work, come back, kill more. It's not as if Nexon is saying it all has to be done in one go =]