[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forum Restructure Feedback

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Past discussions in the Questions, Tips, and Tricks section have been made visible.
    You guys should be able to view them now, please let me know if this is not the case!

Thank you for this.

Is there a possibility you could make the old forums visible to us as well?
    Same reasoning as Rexaar gave for making Questions, Tips and Tricks visible: "they may be post I need to reference to for questions that already been answered."

Apologies, but making the old forums visible is not something that can be done from my end.
    I've been informed that forumers were given a three months notice to save any threads they wished to port over.

I'd advise private messaging OneLetter in regards to topics related to the old forums.
    Klara wrote: »
    How is it a bit too much? If you browse through the pages of the suggestions board, most of the threads are about game features. The royal request thread is now on page 4 and I doubt many people would want to - or have the time to - look through so many pages to check if something cash shop related has already been asked for. So anyone new that hasn't seen the main thread would keep making their own. If using the search bar, it brings up every single work you typed in (even the threads completely unrelated to what you want to find) so that makes it frustrating to look up a specific grouped phrase. Dedicating cash shop requests its own category would help make related requests easier to browse through and give maplers more hope that they've been seen and considered. It'll be a small board but easy to look through if separated from general suggestions.

Would a Cash Shop suggestion section branch out further than a single thread? I have seen a few threads in the past of players asking to see old NX cover items to make a return with the occasional mention of different premium styles. By no means is this a rhetorical question. I'd like to know if a Cash Shop Suggestion section is something forumers would want to see.

However, we don't want to create a section if the entirety of the section can be covered in a single thread. I do understand your concerns for the thread's visibility. My best suggestion would be to give the thread an occasional bump to have it appear on the first page.

If it's an ongoing suggestion or bug, there's no issue with giving it that bump once in awhile for visibility.

Arwoooo~

Players on here want to discuss the cash shop, but there's no section on here that puts focus on it. I don't understand why the cash shop doesn't have it's own section as its a major feature of the game, not to mention the old forums had a cash shop section that had tons of discussion. Wouldn't it benefit the players to be able to discuss the cash shop and it's features? I really don't see a problem in creating a section lol..
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2017
    If you really don't think we should have a separate section for the cash shop, would you be able to make at least 3 official stickied threads so people know there is a specific place that is being monitored to throw all their requests into?
    1. royals
    2. perms
    3. improvements/general cash shop suggestions

I can't think of more atm other than the above three. This would really help us since it would be more condensed; though the tradeoff is that instead of looking through thread titles, people would have to scroll through all the pages to check what has already been asked for.
    JettLuvsUTubaBluejeans
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Hi Klara! We've pinned the thread where players have requested styles for future Royals rotations.
    In addition, we've changed the thread's title to include permanent NX covers as well.

For suggestions on improvements to our game's Cash Shop, would you be fine with using the Suggestion and Feedback section for now?
    If we notice that suggestions aren't being noticed or buried due to the traffic in this section, we will absolutely split the section in two.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
    Klara
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2017
    Thanks so much Arwoo! It's not a seperate board, but this would still be a really big help for everyone. =D
    JettLuvsU
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited April 2017
    I just saw that Nexon made the Rants and Raves a major category again, easy to find, and right where it should be. I think this deserves notice and credit. Thanks for that.=)
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    Past discussions in the Questions, Tips, and Tricks section have been made visible.
    You guys should be able to view them now, please let me know if this is not the case!

Judging from the feedback in regards to the Maple Classified category, we'll be splitting it into an LFG (Looking for Group/Looking for Guild) and Marketplace section.

Any update? It has been 1 month since this was requested and approved :o
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    When do applications open up again? I know they must have recently closed since new In trainings have surfaced, but do applications open seasonal or whats up?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    When do applications open up again? I know they must have recently closed since new In trainings have surfaced, but do applications open seasonal or whats up?

Each CM does the VFM recruiting a different way.
    Artasi collected applications, selected a few trainees, and eventually chose one of them to become a VFM. I don't know whether the original intention was to only keep one, or the rest just didn't do a good enough job.
    KThxBaiNao got to know the forum members, and then reached out to those he thought were right for the job, and they became full VFMs overnight.
    Now Arwoo is going Artasi's way: he collected applications and has now selected some VFM trainees.

I assume applications will only re-open if not enough of the trainees make the grade, and we need more VFMs. (Recall that Arwoo also wants the VFMs to moderate the future Official Discord, so the workload is going to get much bigger). It's also possible that as Arwoo gets to know the people on the forums better, he will be reaching out to suitable members, and won't need open applications again.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Each CM does the VFM recruiting a different way.
    Artasi collected applications, selected a few trainees, and eventually chose one of them to become a VFM. I don't know whether the original intention was to only keep one, or the rest just didn't do a good enough job.
    KThxBaiNao got to know the forum members, and then reached out to those he thought were right for the job, and they became full VFMs overnight.
    Now Arwoo is going Artasi's way: he collected applications and has now selected some VFM trainees.

I assume applications will only re-open if not enough of the trainees make the grade, and we need more VFMs. (Recall that Arwoo also wants the VFMs to moderate the future Official Discord, so the workload is going to get much bigger). It's also possible that as Arwoo gets to know the people on the forums better, he will be reaching out to suitable members, and won't need open applications again.

I see. Thanks.