[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thursday the "12th"

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited April 2017 in General Chat
So uhhh... I'm lost. Can someone explain to me why it's Thursday the 12th? I know it's a joke on Friday the 13th... but Thursday's a 13th...

And also, for me, the log in on a Thursday achievement was completed but the 12th anniversary first Thursday events aren't going on? Or at least they weren't earlier, as in before 12 am PST... ???

What events go by UTC and what events go by PST now? XD

(halp please)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Thursday, the 12th anniversary of Global MapleStory.

And I have no idea why the "log in on a Thursday" achievement was complete on Tuesday (PDT) or Wednesday (UTC), or which event goes by what timezone. Even Nexon doesn't know. They thought the burning would start on midnight UTC but it turned out to be midnight PDT (or even midnight local time, different for each players, which is clearly a bug).
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Fun fact this October has a Thursday the 12th
    JettLuvsU
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I read the Thursday gift box notice and it says we're supposed to get them on the 14th; however, I'm not sure if it's operating on UTC or PST. Pretty obvious the event was rushed and not well thought out.
  • BXLBXL
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thursday, the 12th anniversary of Global MapleStory.

And I have no idea why the "log in on a Thursday" achievement was complete on Tuesday (PDT) or Wednesday (UTC), or which event goes by what timezone. Even Nexon doesn't know. They thought the burning would start on midnight UTC but it turned out to be midnight PDT (or even midnight local time, different for each players, which is clearly a bug).

Wow. I'm facepalming internally xddd thanks! And honestly though... D: Nexon... :(
  • BXLBXL
    edited April 2017
    I read the Thursday gift box notice and it says we're supposed to get them on the 14th; however, I'm not sure if it's operating on UTC or PST. Pretty obvious the event was rushed and not well thought out.

Isn't the 14th Friday? o. o