[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Resistance's ulti: 1month Auto ban

PonPonPonPon
Reactions: 1,265
edited October 2016 in General Chat
It's here again. I just got my account banned for using Cygnus Knight's Water gun skill. DO NOT USE YOUR GUNS IF YOU ARE IN CYGNUS KNIGHT TEAM!

Below is the video I have my brother record when attempting to be banned confirm the bug.

When trying to log back in after getting d/ced as the above video, I received this message, saying that I got a 30-day ban.

I was to post this in the bug-reporting section but for everyone to know, it should be here until it's moved.
KyraYenL97

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Good thing I've more or less written off this event as I've gotten everything I can buy or want to buy.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Not doubting you, but that video doesn't exactly prove anything. The "disconnected for the HACK reason" message happens all the time.

Can you show a screenshot of your account (or your brother's) trying to log in through GameLauncher and getting the ban message?
    (edit out your account name and password, obviously)
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian - I just edited my post by adding a message saying my brother's account is banned for 30 days.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

@AKradian - I just edited my post by adding a message saying my brother's account is banned for 30 days.
    I see. That's pretty scary. Thanks for the warning.
    I find it strange that I'm not seeing other people complaining about this, either here or on the subreddit, though. And the Cygnus team is, as usual, in the lead (in every world I can see).
  • IdkWasTakenIdkWasTaken
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    If u watch the video again, the popup said block instead of the usual dc for hack reason
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Just to be clear, what exactly is the process to the issue? The title mentions Resistance's Ultimate but the video didn't use it and your post only says not to use Cygnus Team skills while on Cygnus Team. I want to make sure I understand what lead to that.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I just did the event on several Cygnus characters and didn't get that message. D:
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    MegaScience

Just to be clear, what exactly is the process to the issue? The title mentions Resistance's Ultimate but the video didn't use it and your post only says not to use Cygnus Team skills while on Cygnus Team. I want to make sure I understand what lead to that.
    I think the title was supposed to be a joke: the auto-ban is the Resistance's secret weapon, their way to win the Water War. (Which isn't working...)
  • MafiosoMafioso
    Reactions: 645
    edited October 2016
    So this is why resistance is so close to winning everyday?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    oh my..... no wonder henesys cc1 is dead atm.
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    welp time to pass on this event then...
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    Kinda glad I stopped doing this event after the first couple days. There seems to be quite a bit of banning in Water Wars.
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    MegaScience

The auto-ban might be triggered when a Cygnus Knight team member reaches 999 combo. Both my main account and my brother's were banned after getting 999 combos as a CK team member.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

The auto-ban might be triggered when a Cygnus Knight team member reaches 999 combo. Both my main account and my brother's were banned after getting 999 combos as a CK team member.
    Thank you, forwarded. In the meantime, for reference, you have a ticket in on the matter, right?
  • KyraKyra
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    I can also confirm that it happened to me around the same time as you.

I was also on the Cygnus knight team
  • YenL97YenL97
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    100% confirmed. My friend was using Cygnus Watergun skill on me, few moments later I can't see what he typed and got auto banned.
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    LF> @KThxBaiNao because there are some hidden bugs in the Water Wars event randomly banning people

It's kind of surprise that the thread already has 1.4k views

@MegaScience - Yeah, and my account was unblocked. My brother's, too.
    One GM (responsible for my ticket) told me that my brother and I were falsely banned while trying to participate in the WW event. While another GM (responsible for my brother's ticket) told him that his account was banned for using third-party program.
    It's so weird that my brother wasn't logged in a week ago and he then logged in to just confirm the bug for me, NOTHING ELSE. And then he's banned for using third party program, which was detected by their system. Heck, machines sometimes malfunction, and that's bad if someone doesn't fix them...
  • KumquatJamKumquatJam
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    In the video, notice how the character reached 999 combo, but did not stop attacking.
    Once the character moved forward a step and continued attacking the combo reset back to 1.

Usually the character needs to wait for the combo to reset by not attacking for a bit, then they can continue attacking for more points.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KumquatJam

In the video, notice how the character reached 999 combo, but did not stop attacking.
    Once the character moved forward a step and continued attacking the combo reset back to 1.

Usually the character needs to wait for the combo to reset by not attacking for a bit, then they can continue attacking for more points.
    No, you don't have to stop.
    If you keep shooting after reaching 999 combo, you'll start getting "0" points per hit, like the person in the video, and then after a few of those, your combo will reset and you'll start getting "1" again. Even if you never move or stop attacking.
    I know because I have, several times, just left my finger on the key after 999.