[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion: Change Joker Item Functions

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The current function of the Joker items (scarlet items and lvl 140 hats dropped from Chaos Root Abyss) is to substitute for a vacant piece of a set with the highest set ID (when you have 2 sets which are both the same level to each other) The idea of automatically subbing in for a piece can be very annoying sometimes.

Wearing a Chaos Vellum Helm, a CRA top and bottom as well as the fafnir weapon will count as a full Root Abyss Set . The Chaos Vellum Helm will automatically fill in for the missing Root Abyss hat. However, adding a item such as an Absolab shoulder will alter the combination. The Chaos Vellum Helm will then substitute itself into the Absolab Set. The player will be wearing three quarters of the CRA set (Pants, Shirt and Weapon but no Hat) and two pieces of the Absolab Set (Absolab Shoulder + Chaos Vellum Helm substituting for Absolab Hat.)

It would be better if the Scarlet/Joker items allowed the player to choose which items they want to sub in for instead of SET ID being the priority setting. It could lead to better endgame gear combinations.

WizardBeau
  1. Should Joker/Scarlet Items allow the player to choose which set they want?18 votes
    1. Please change it
       83% (15 votes)
    2. No, don't
       17% (3 votes)

Comments

• Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2017
    L>Joker Secondary for all class.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

Joker equips function for equipment within sets. Non-Anniversary secondaries don't count for sets. I cannot describe cannot imagine how a"Joker all class secondary" can exist.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited April 2017
    Or also, you can get one of these hats to work on and decide to switch set to put between RA and SW/abso, depending if you boss or grind.

Also Daxter, you forget the Lucky Item (scarlet and more) equip will apply on the highest level first. Set ID rule will only apply if you have two sets at highest and same level implying the same type of equip.

Even If I already have two good sets, Superior Gollux and Bounty Legend set (with higher ID than gollux) with double ring including scarlet, I keep thinking it is a good choice to choose manually. I was the one who originally suggested this in this forum. Then I brought this suggestion in MLC (MapleLeaf Council) as you know, but of course I can't tell more details here.

@Arwoo Can you please take a look at our hard work made by MLC members?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I don't overly disagree with the idea of choosing your own set effect with scarlet items however I can't help but feel this is the trade off of using a fake item to complete the set. If you want the full set effect using different items, then you need to take that into consideration when you are building your gears.

Allowing Scarlet items to work like true "Wild Cards" would lead to more equipment combinations such as double rings.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited April 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Xenon92 wrote: »

Joker equips function for equipment within sets. Non-Anniversary secondaries don't count for sets. I cannot describe cannot imagine how a"Joker all class secondary" can exist.

If we don't count Frozen set, you are right on this lol.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I don't overly disagree with the idea of choosing your own set effect with scarlet items however I can't help but feel this is the trade off of using a fake item to complete the set. If you want the full set effect using different items, then you need to take that into consideration when you are building your gears.

Allowing Scarlet items to work like true "Wild Cards" would lead to more equipment combinations such as double rings.

Most rings are Unique-Equip items. I'm not sure I follow how this would lead to more sets.

Look at this video. At 1:22 you can see one of unknown set I am using:

Also, certain people might be able to get full set of superior gollux AND 3 pieces of Reinforced Gollux. I can also give you a good example here. Sengoku Treasure Set, gaining from Princess No prequests by playing all 3 characters give a very good set effect, but it's Lv140. It has ring, shoulder pad and belt, but belt is so crap and since Lv140, you can't fit scarlet ring into it to replace Belt because it will go into Superior Gollux set. Imagine if we are allowed to choose ourselves which set putting scarlet, it would be a very good set effect. Almost same as getting 3 pieces of Bounty Legend.

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https://i.redditmedia.com/Isc6x9fnC16H_xjc1KzYeQViAGpUnURegkVtija-OL4.jpg?w=320&s=abc629a4dbf42bbfc8d5619361d09545&imgrefurl=https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5nq81n/a_little_help_with_demon_slayer/&docid=VWaz-ENvyENssM&tbnid=oCrrJDNxMXlIBM:&vet=10ahUKEwiz5cf7na7TAhXC5YMKHXixCqEQMwhGKBkwGQ..i&w=320&h=246&bih=894&biw=1280&q=maplestory sengoku treasure set&ved=0ahUKEwiz5cf7na7TAhXC5YMKHXixCqEQMwhGKBkwGQ&iact=mrc&uact=8
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited April 2017
    Omg look at this everyone T.T RIP my Bounty Legend set...

https://orangemushroom.net/2017/04/20/kmst-ver-1-2-049-voice-of-mapler-job-balancing/#more-26985

Taking quote from this link, in Item Related:
    The way that Lucky items are included in sets has been changed.

Only 1 Lucky item can be equipped. Even if 2 or more are equipped, only 1 Lucky item will be recognized.
    The Lucky item will be included in every set for which you are already wearing 3 or more equipment from.
    For example, if you are wearing 3 Root Abyss set items, 3 Absolabs set items, and 2 Meister set items, the Lucky item you equip will be included in the Root Abyss and Absolabs set but not the Meister set.
    A tooltip will now appear when hovering over the Lucky item which shows the sets it is currently included in.

Dammit, I prefer not using it for multiple set unless... Getting 3 pieces of SW and 3 pieces of RA then using a chaos vellum helm 0-0 Or else, naw...

I wish GMS will change the minimum of 2 pieces of equips as requirement instead of 3. Because people who were mixing Rein and Sup gollux equips mostly get 2 pieces of reinforced, I think? Too lazy to actually count lol, just woke up.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    Since the last update I am now getting full set bonuses on reinforced gollux and superior gollux thanks to my scarlet ring. I am running reinforced ring, 2nd slot pendant, and reinforced earrings along with superior ring, superior pendant and superior belt. :)
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    Reactions: 880
    edited September 2017
    bootlicker wrote: »
    Since the last update I am now getting full set bonuses on reinforced gollux and superior gollux thanks to my scarlet ring. I am running reinforced ring, 2nd slot pendant, and reinforced earrings along with superior ring, superior pendant and superior belt. :)

but tyrant belt.

Also I made a legendary scarlet shoulder with +15 att scrolled, wasted soo much on return scrolls and now they change it to 3 set effect? was gonna use absolab wep and scarlet shoulder but now i have to sell scarlet shoulder because scarlet shoulder dosent work with any of my equips thanks to the change. SW 4 set, Cra 3 set, and scarlet shoulder.