[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Very dangerous item

ChaoCutieChaoCutie
Reactions: 510
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Text
Brief bug summary:
"
Amazing Helium Gas
Untradable
Helium from the Wild Bean Balloon. Inhale it for hilarious results.
Recovers 5,000 HP and MP.
"
Inhaling Helium gas is a dangerous thing to do, potentially causing someone to be starved of oxygen if done too much. I highly implore Nexon to change this item's description.

Character name: CutieBean

Character level:119

Character job: Pink Bean

World name: Bellocan

Date and time of the incident: 11:50 PM 4/14/2017

Fennekin

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    This is intentional and not a bug.

If you want to make a suggestion you can do that here.

I can't tell if you are legit concerned or being funny. The item description is a reference to people that inhale small amounts of helium gas to change their voice. The intention is not to encourage harmful behavior.
    JettLuvsUPrivalBellamazed
  • ChaoCutieChaoCutie
    edited April 2017
    I'm being legitimately serious. In this litigious world, if someone can even find an excuse for their behavior, they will sue. I wouldn't want Nexon to end up facing legal proceedings from someone else just because they started huffing to get high and wanted to blame the wording of this item. Couldn't the description be changed at least to warn not to do this but in small amounts? The intentions that you refer to are not clear as it is worded now in game, and players don't bother to read the website forums, or even the update notices all the time for that matter.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Considering we had a previous event exhorting us to inject chocolate, I don't think Nexon is particularly concerned about people trying what they see in-game, in real life.
  • ChaoCutieChaoCutie
    edited April 2017
    I do intend to keep at this until something is done, I have a couple of other things I am willing to try if I'm brushed off like this initial response.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2017
    So what do you want them to do? Give your character a debuff if it uses too many at one time?
    Prival
  • ChaoCutieChaoCutie
    edited April 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    So what do you want them to do? Give your character a debuff if it uses too many at one time?

Or have a cooldown. Heck, I'd be fine with a disclaimer within the description, such as 'Don't do it too much at once, though.'
  • ThanatosSThanatosS
    Reactions: 345
    edited April 2017
    When I think I've seen everything in this life, then i find this topic....
    MageOfBattlesDaisukeHarutoHyoretsu