[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Biggest MapleStory Fail

RikNLRikNL
Reactions: 2,605
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
What is your biggest MapleStory fail?

I potted a lv10 Green Shades because I didn't know about the level tears in the past
v4k5v.jpg
JettLuvsUTanyaKeyan the EvanMewelup

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    i guess you could say those are some rather Unique Shades Kappa

my biggest fail... tbh i couldn't say, my most recent biggest fail would have to be using a unique pot scroll on the complete wrong badge.
    TanyaJettLuvsU
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    Well its been a long time and a lot of maple fails... but this one really was definitely a facepalm moment for me lol.

Came back to my main character, wind archer after a looooong maple break. I kept hearing other wind archers say that they love the skill Trifling Wind.
    I was like I dunno, it doesn't seem to do much for me.

2 months in of playing my wind archer, I realized that the reason trifling wind is not doing anything for me is because it is a toggle skill and I have never turned it on

Now that I have assigned it to a key, I must say that I also think trifling wind is pretty awesome :P
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I've also used a 1% css instead of 10 (not by purpose) and boomed my fafnir wand with 8 pink scrolls over it.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I bought an anvil...

f8D2rEr.jpg?1

...to fuse this Hero's ring's appearance to the V ring.
    JettLuvsU
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    This was a long time ago - but I purchased a monster card in the MTS for 100,000NX instead of 1000nx one night when I was really tired. Oops.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I bought an anvil...
    ...to fuse this Hero's ring's appearance to the V ring.

I almost did the same.
    I wish rings could have anvils.
    Keyan the Evandeadend5193
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    When I first started playing, I invested strength into my mage because I didn't want her to be a wimp
    BellamazedJettLuvsUthatplantDividedFlow
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    When I first started playing, I invested strength into my mage because I didn't want her to be a wimp

Strength mage did used to be an actual form of play for the mage class!
    JettLuvsUBellamazed
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

More of a gimmick than anything, though. Unlike str dits, sindits, ditsins, secondary-stat-less classes, etc., there was like no reason to be a str mage lol. Only thing they had going for them was Magic Guard making them as tanky (tankier?) than warriors. But then they'd be sacrificing hella Magic Claw damage to just swing a mace around lol. Heck, even HP warriors had more uses ("hey, i bet ya 10k I can survive a hit from those block golems (the ones in LPQ)" "you're on" "HAH you owe me 10k").

My biggest fail had to be when my friend forced me to help him scam nubs with that "Drop Game" thing lol. I was dirt poor so he gave me some pretty valuable items (at the time) to use as bait. He'd "host" the games and me and the victim would stand at opposite sides of either the Sauna Room or FM depending on what we felt like. He'd stand close to the victim, ready to snatch his items. We managed to get a bunch of crap like lvl 15 armor, earrings, etc. Then some dude came in with vac hacks and stole like half of the items he lent me lol. Most of it was throwing stars, mostly icies, maybe a few sets of kumbis.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    I got three.

1. Maple was my first online game (Unless you wanna count club penguin when I was eight...), and I was walking around El Nath on my first character, an Aran. I kept seeing people talking about parties. EX: "Can I join the party?" "Who's party leader?" Because I had never heard of a party before I kept asking people where the parties were at. XD

2. Buying a 600 mill 90 mount.

3. This is similar to the first one in a way. I managed to get added into a guild, and I kept seeing this pinkish purplish text pop up from this guy that wasn't in the map I was in, nor was he a buddy. So I experimented with the chat hotkeys until I finally found the chat in the same colored text. First thing I chat after "test" is "WHO ARE YOU?!" I'm pretty sure I scared him, and a couple other guildies half to death. After a 5 minute long discussion, he finally realized that I didn't have a clue as to what the chat was.

The worst part of those stories is that if I start a new online game, I'm pretty much on the same level as those stories.
    TanyaJettLuvsUthatplantShinewindMasumuneZ
  • DennDenn
    Reactions: 620
    edited April 2017
    Misclicked and dropped my 50 w.att supreme medal by accident which u can't re issue...

Oh and invested a lot of ap points into hp when the cap of your base stats was still at 1k.
    I had to invest it in something right, so i thought.
    With the new update back then which let u get past the 1k base stat all the potential luk i couldve gotten got locked away forever :P

Too bad ap reset scrolls don't reset your invested hp..
    Yonax
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited April 2017
    This happened awhile ago, but I boomed my mark of beta bandana when dark scrolls first came out lmao I was a dumb child.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Tried to upgrade the burning project frozen top with a scroll.
    It got destroyed.
    I thought I was dreaming.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited April 2017
    Got the Pink Bean gift box on my burning character.
    I could have used it on my Jett or something :(
  • RikoLattéRikoLatté
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 2017
    Tried to use an Equip Enhancement scroll on my Fafnir Windchaser and this happened.
  • NewtNewt
    Reactions: 535
    edited April 2017
    I spent three hours farming for an item from the wrong mob of monsters.
    Mewelup
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    Denn wrote: »
    Misclicked and dropped my 50 w.att supreme medal by accident which u can't re issue...

Just reading this hurt me, thats just... ouch.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    :o

I remember buying something for 10 million mesos only to find better equipment randomly hunting monsters. Another would be towering the ludi lower under-leveled ending up in omega sector with no tower scrolls.

:o
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited April 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

Liar !!!
    This is why I don't trust Nexon.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    I remember selling Mercede books for like 10~~15m each when they were like 100m+ each at the time.