[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

EU Reboot server

Comments

• mrwildermrwilder
    Reactions: 220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Lol, no market my rear...
    As soon as they opened it, every EU player would flee there without looking back from both Luna and NA Reboot. And yes, me too have friends who say the same.
    darik
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited April 2017
    I personally wouldn't flee to an EU Reboot, I don't really have much interest in it but it would be a nice thing for some people.
    However I think we would definitely need a decent GM presence as it could just immediately get ruined by hackers and botters.
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't flee to an EU Reboot, I don't really have much interest in it but it would be a nice thing for some people.
    However I think we would definitely need a decent GM presence as it could just immediately get ruined by hackers and botters.

lol GM presence
    Haven't you learned by now that GMS has GMs patrolling 24/7 and banning thousands of characters every week, to no avail?
    NA Reboot was cheat2win from day one. There is no reason to assume EU Reboot would not be.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    lol GM presence
    Haven't you learned by now that GMS has GMs patrolling 24/7 and banning thousands of characters every week, to no avail?
    NA Reboot was cheat2win from day one. There is no reason to assume EU Reboot would not be.

I don't understand why you think I don't know we have GM's patrolling, I know we do and I was just suggesting the better presence so if we did get an EU Reboot we don't end up on the same path.
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    lol GM presence

I don't understand why you think I don't know we have GM's patrolling, I know we do and I was just suggesting the better presence so if we did get an EU Reboot we don't end up on the same path.

And I'm wondering why you think EU Reboot deserves more attention than Luna, or NA Reboot, or any of the other worlds suffering from cheaters running amuck despite the 24/7 patrols. Nexon America simply does not have the resources to keep their servers cheater-free. This isn't NexonEU, unfortunately.

Edit: Sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you. That is not my intention. I'm exasperated at Nexon America, not at you or any of the other Europeans who are used to better customer service.
  • ForumKousForumKous
    Reactions: 1,085
    edited April 2017
    -1 to EU reboot, would be better if they focus on stabalizing Luna instead, in terms of hackers etc. I am also not a fan of Reboot all together sorry.
    ManiOh
  • EmilEmil
    Reactions: 1,200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Honestly, Luna is in really bad shape now, and it most likely is at the point of no return. The things the migration did to us really cannot be undone at this point, especially with the botters running everything. The economy has been going down the drain more and more every single day, even the dead alphabetsoup servers in NA are in better shape than us. Keeping people on luna when they don't want to play, and also can't make much (if any) progress is pointless in my opinion.

Another thing, NA reboot is crowded to the point where it can be difficult to find maps to grind/mesofarm, making it difficult to progress.

kMS got a second reboot server, which only helped, seeing as their original reboot server was very crowded.

Also, saying -1 because you're not a fan of it is probably the silliest thing I've ever heard lmao
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited April 2017
    And I'm wondering why you think EU Reboot deserves more attention than Luna, or NA Reboot, or any of the other worlds suffering from cheaters running amuck despite the 24/7 patrols. Nexon America simply does not have the resources to keep their servers cheater-free. This isn't NexonEU, unfortunately.

Edit: Sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you. That is not my intention. I'm exasperated at Nexon America, not at you or any of the other Europeans who are used to better customer service.

Ahhh I am not saying other worlds deserve less and only EU Reboot needs them, it was more that this is a suggestion for an EU Reboot so I didn't think the hacker/botter situation in other worlds should derail the topic.

I'm honestly not sure how the other worlds can recover now, Luna has been ruined since the migration, I don't play other worlds so I cannot really comment on the situations there.
    EU Reboot would have the situation of a fresh start so if Nexon would combat the cheaters immediately it wouldn't end up as bad as I hear the American Reboot is. I am not saying Nexon should only patrol here 24/7, just they should figure out how to combat it and a way to do that is better GM presence.

Basically what I am trying to say is, we shouldn't get a reboot server in EU until the GMs can figure out a way to handle an extra server where a lot of cheaters will populate because it's a clean world.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    i dont like the reboot idea because i know what going to happend ...
    we will be forced to start over and get new nx items/timed pets and such (more money spend nexon would love why not ) and on top of that no GM visit at all tons of botters(at least we wont see those meso sell spamers something good right ?....) JUST CHAOSSSSSSSSSSS

the idea and "promise" its good on paper but we cant see working on regular luna server so why would rebootEU work ? why not implement some reboot futures in luna ?

luna server its allready in dead position since the fabulous merge we are totaly ignored, it's heaven for hackers same guy (i cant even name or ss because of the rulls) its here since merge freely smega spam "S>meso........" botters makeing lvl 200+ on lvl120 maps.... because they are not banned for monts what more we need ?
    so lets leav this mess ? and make new mess ?
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
    LF>Luna GM's
  • MajmanMajman
    Reactions: 660
    edited May 2017
    ManiOh, what do you mean? forced, how? A new server with good ping for EU players, some will put money in it yes but it's not P2W so i don't see the problem in a new server.

I would KINDA agree with you if we were talking about a "Luna 2" server since it's basically P2W on the standard servers.
    darik
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The thing on Kradia EMS was that the GMs were 24/7 in Henesys, Ardnetmill, FM and banning the spammers. And they had a route from maps they checked like a lot times a day and they kept doing this untill they were gone. Like now the Wolfspiders, Ludibrium Clocktower, Ghost ship etc. there are a lot Blaze Wizard hackers. And can't nexon just patch those hacks. ( i dont know) and the Luna GM's (Or are there only those two from the events that only were there during events?) can may contact the GM's from former EMS how they did it. And in EMS we had IGN's of GM's so we could whisper the locations and channels to them and they took a look.

I also tried the life chat but I had the idea that GM had to forward it to look 5 people before they could do something. If you want my help for fixing this problem contact me I really want to help to get rid of those hackers and spammers.

I have to say there are no spammers right now. Nice

But bots enough
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited May 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    The thing on Kradia EMS was that the GMs were 24/7 in Henesys, Ardnetmill, FM and banning the spammers. And they had a route from maps they checked like a lot times a day and they kept doing this untill they were gone. Like now the Wolfspiders, Ludibrium Clocktower, Ghost ship etc. there are a lot Blaze Wizard hackers. And can't nexon just patch those hacks. ( i dont know) and the Luna GM's (Or are there only those two from the events that only were there during events?) can may contact the GM's from former EMS how they did it. And in EMS we had IGN's of GM's so we could whisper the locations and channels to them and they took a look.

Maybe take out the video as it could be witch-hunting.
    I can help with either the contacting old GMs or getting this information as I still have contact with them and they are more than happy to help as they still play Maple and want to get rid of the hackers just as much.
  • DemiheartDemiheart
    Reactions: 1,360
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Could we get some information on the topic? We've been told that EU Reboot might be a thing. What's the status? Will there be an EU Reboot? Is there an issue with sharing this information? If it is, could you tell us that there is such an issue? Could you please communicate with us Nexon?
    TimesReflux
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    I wouldnt get your hopes up for an EU reboot, They;re already trying to ruin the gms reboot, so an EU reboot would only end up the same way. If they cant make as much money as possible from it they're inevitably gonna want to and they'll turn it into a giant cash grab like there trying to do right now.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited May 2017
    I'll ask if there are any updates.
    DemiheartTimesReflux
  • SkylarliciousSkylarlicious
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    looking for updates in EU reboot!
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited May 2017
    Nexon, make it happen!
    Override patch + EU reboot.
    That would break the fkin' ice.
    Also, like RikNL said, back in Kradia EMS there were GM's active daily. You'd see them patrolling, smega'ing every now and then, small meet-ups and such. We would benefit SO MUCH if they could come back and do the same thing again on Luna, and if and when reboot will eventually come out.
    DemiheartTimesReflux
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Arzachel wrote: »
    Oh, I most definitely do have data to support me being able and willing to use a EU Reboot server and a single person is enough to prove that a market exists.

A single person is not a large enough market for a new server, I'm not sure what point you think you're making by claiming that it is.
    Arzachel wrote: »
    Since you used a literal reading of my post, surely you didn't use the idiom "No market for n" yourself, that would be hypocritical :)

I said that I do not believe there is a sufficient market for a EU Reboot to justify one, I presented it as my opinion originally and have since also explained that it is my opinion.

You're welcome to disagree with my opinion by presenting your own (contrary) option, but your opinion that there is a sufficient market does in no way diminish my opinion that there isn't.

mrwilder wrote: »
    Lol, no market my rear...
    As soon as they opened it, every EU player would flee there without looking back from both Luna and NA Reboot. And yes, me too have friends who say the same.

You have no data to support that position, it is also demonstrably false, since I'm a Reboot player from the EU and I wouldn't leave for a EU Reboot.
    TimxGame
  • mrwildermrwilder
    Reactions: 220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    "You have no data to support that position, it is also demonstrably false, since I'm a Reboot player from the EU and I wouldn't leave for a EU Reboot."

Yes, and since you don't know other people, that must mean they don't exist. Could you be even more arrogant, please?
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited May 2017
    Why would someone from Europe, after the merge, want to join an already populated server with bad ping for them?

The whole fun of reboot is being there from the start, not hopping in after a merge and being so behind, its not motivating and people would give up, specially with the item pickup lag on NA servers.

Give the people what they want, give us rEUboot.
    darikshavit