[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did Nexon mess up the Burning Project again??

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited April 2017 in General Chat
So I was planning to use the last day to do all the level and make the lvl150 quota since, unlike many others, I proudly assume, I do not have much free time to play nowadays, but it seems the Burning Project has ended earlier, with my unopened Cryptic Chest and Title disappearing (screen said expired) from my inventory and my character leveling one level at a time... What?? The launcher clearly states the event ends on midnight of the 25th (PDT)... it's not even 9pm on the 25th here in California... whaaaaaat??? I need explanations!!

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited April 2017
    maplestory reset times (midnight) are the followings pst: 5:00 and est: 8:00 this has happened since the ems merged with gms so its basically saying that we are following utc time
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    edited April 2017
    weird... the launcher says

[Update 4/11] This event starts and ends at midnight PDT.
    PDT... April 25, 11:59pm
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Wow, that's a new one: an event that started on PDT but ended on UTC. What will they think of next?
    Fennekin
  • MissCirceMissCirce
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 2017
    This is not fair, it was clearly stated that it would finish 23:59 on 25th April. I logged on with an hour to spare only to find it was over??? I had like 5 % to go to get my last 3 levels to 100 so I could open the lvl 100 equip boxes. And what is even stranger is there seems to be no reference to the burning event in the 12th anniversary notes. So they stuffed up and removed all evidence??? I would also like someone from Nexon to explain what the go is. You can't just move the goal post in the middle of a football game!!! If you advertise something, should you not stick to it?
  • MissCirceMissCirce
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 2017
    @QuickDrawer - regardless of what time zones, they list all times for events etc in Pacific time. And the time clearly said 23:59 April 25th Pacific time! not UTC
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    MissCirce wrote: »
    This is not fair, it was clearly stated that it would finish 23:59 on 25th April. I logged on with an hour to spare only to find it was over??? I had like 5 % to go to get my last 3 levels to 100 so I could open the lvl 100 equip boxes. And what is even stranger is there seems to be no reference to the burning event in the 12th anniversary notes. So they stuffed up and removed all evidence??? I would also like someone from Nexon to explain what the go is. You can't just move the goal post in the middle of a football game!!! If you advertise something, should you not stick to it?

The info is still in the update notes: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//21660/#burn
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    Nexon is messed up maplestory time always follows utc time idk why but it all started with the Europe merge
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    LF>CM KThxBaiNao to fix this
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    LF>CM KThxBaiNao to fix this

He's not our CM any more, sadly.
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    edited April 2017
    An admin replied to the other thread... saying something about dealing with consistency issue in the future...
    does Nexon even think about how much damage their mistake would make on players and their game plans??
    I didn't even get to open my cryptic chest for frozen sets in time because of this "consistency" issue...!!!
    I still don't think the launcher said anything about event ending in UTC time, it literally said "starts and ends in PDT". Wow, Nexon.
    I demand a proper explanation and solution, as always, to any of the mistakes you have made so far.
    edited April 2017
    times been messed up, but for the past few days I was hearing
    MAPLER: 'Darn Nexon! I can't open my Cryptic box because they messed up! I'm level 130 and can't use the box now!!!!!1!"
    ME: "why didn't you open it when you hit 100?"
    MAPLER: "Thought I'd wait until the last day to open it"
    ME: ">_> These boxes only have a minimum level not a 'Don't open until Xmas sticker' you know."
    MAPLER: "Well it's my choice to wait until the last minute to open them and now Nexon ruined my game Blaggglelidgiwaprhjewoihrpwahfvoipawhevfiawfwdhvasdlkvhalkdhvlwadhviladhglka RAGEQUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ME: "Well maybe next time you'll not wait until the last minute"
    MAPLER: "N3X0N SUKKKKORZ! And I have 120 heatwave boxes that I can't use!"
    ME: "Okay they explicitly state 'open during event'
    MAPLER: yeah but they should let me open them after the event too...
    ME: still got Christmas boxes too?
    MAPLER: Umm maybe?

(now for those that hit LVL 100 -minutes- after the early reset I think Nexon should let you get into the boxes)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    times been messed up, but for the past few days I was hearing
    MAPLER: 'Darn Nexon! I can't open my Cryptic box because they messed up! I'm level 130 and can't use the box now!!!!!1!"
    ME: "why didn't you open it when you hit 100?"
    MAPLER: "Thought I'd wait until the last day to open it"
    ME: ">_> These boxes only have a minimum level not a 'Don't open until Xmas sticker' you know."
    MAPLER: "Well it's my choice to wait until the last minute to open them and now Nexon ruined my game Blaggglelidgiwaprhjewoihrpwahfvoipawhevfiawfwdhvasdlkvhalkdhvlwadhviladhglka RAGEQUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ME: "Well maybe next time you'll not wait until the last minute"
    MAPLER: "N3X0N SUKKKKORZ! And I have 120 heatwave boxes that I can't use!"
    ME: "Okay they explicitly state 'open during event'
    MAPLER: yeah but they should let me open them after the event too...
    ME: still got Christmas boxes too?
    MAPLER: Umm maybe?

Not sure why anyone would wait to open the Cryptic Chest, but for many event boxes and other rewards, I try to claim them as late as possible because they expire. The later I claim them, the longer I have to figure out the best use for their contents.

Of course, knowing Nexon, I do try to claim everything a day before the earliest date any source says an event ends. For example, if attendance has Update Notes say it ends on the 18th and in-game says 19th, I claim the rewards on the 17th, UTC, if at all possible, just to be safe.
    But I definitely don't claim every reward the instant it becomes available, and I don't think anyone should be told it's their fault for missing out on stuff just because they have not yet learned to be as suspicious of Nexon's timekeeping as I have
    edited April 2017
    that is true, but there are some that has been through 3 burning events and still hasn't any frozen equips on any of their characters.
    I agree that I wait until i know who I want to have each reward, I only now finished doling out my PB rewards I earned two weeks ago but I also know I need to get those onto characters I want them on days before the end of the event.
    and I wasn't kidding about someone having Christmas boxes still. He got them 2 years ago and is waiting to see if he can open them this coming Christmas since he stockpiled them up and didn't think to open them before the expiration date on them.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    that is true, but there are some that has been through 3 burning events and still hasn't any frozen equips on any of their characters.
    I agree that I wait until i know who I want to have each reward, I only now finished doling out my PB rewards I earned two weeks ago but I also know I need to get those onto characters I want them on days before the end of the event.
    and I wasn't kidding about someone having Christmas boxes still. He got them 2 years ago and is waiting to see if he can open them this coming Christmas since he stockpiled them up and didn't think to open them before the expiration date on them.

They're not entirely wrong to hang on to them.
    The Christmas boxes from two years ago were reactivated this last Christmas and some people got a head start on coin collecting before the nerf came (10 coins per day, remember?) by using old stockpiles.
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    They're not entirely wrong to hang on to them.
    The Christmas boxes from two years ago were reactivated this last Christmas and some people got a head start on coin collecting before the nerf came (10 coins per day, remember?) by using old stockpiles.

huh... must have missed the window there... when I used the two I had left over on an old character they were taken away by Maple Admin. still think people shoudl be opening their equipment boxes when they can. at least that is where we can agree.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    Oh well. It's better to accept and move on in these situations. Not worth it to worry about.