[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When will the Burning Project end? (Forum game)

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Here is a little guessing game, aiming to test the forumers' ability to figure out how events in MapleStory work now.

The information we have:
poDzCtW.jpg
4STfXRs.jpg

Update notes say the event runs until April 25, and ends by PDT. No hour is given.

In-game Event Calendar indicates the event will end at 23:59 on April 25, UTC.

Character selection screen says the burn will end on April 26. No hour is given.

The boxes given to a new burning character expire "4-26-2017 00:00", presumably server time (UTC).

Sooooo.... When do YOU think the burning will end?

Edited: image of cryptic chest added
FennekinTanya
  1. When do you think the Burning Project will end?12 votes
    1. UTC April 25, 00:00
       25% (3 votes)
    2. PDT April 25, 00:00
       8% (1 vote)
    3. UTC April 25, 23:59
       17% (2 votes)
    4. PDT April 25, 23:59
       42% (5 votes)
    5. UTC April 26, 23:59
       0% (0 votes)
    6. PDT April 26, 23:59
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Other (please elaborate in a post)
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2017
    Midnight = 0:00, and it also displays the timezone, PDT so i'd assume it ends at midnight (when 24th turns to 25th) in California, while the box has an extra "day" to be claimed yet will expire on the 25th at 5 PM PDT (which is just 17 hours)
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hmm, 3/4 signs say it ends on the 26th, with two of them pointing to UTC... But then, they originally said it started and ended at midnight UTC but it actually started at midnight PDT and they had to edit the post to say PDT...

In my experience, the in-game timers have been more accurate than the notes, but we just had the thing with the attendance sooooooo...

Yeah, I dunno. I hope it doesn't end til at least April 26th 0:00 UTC, cuz I forgot that Kinesis came out and that it had a pretty good link skill lol. I actually burned a blaster and got it to level 31 before finding out Kinesis's link is actually good. And it's not gonna be fully deleted til 12:10 AM PDT on April 25...
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited April 2017
    Uhh... this is a joke right?? I thought the update said the event ends at midnight of the 25th... I am pretty sure my computer calendar says today being the 25th... WHY ARE MY CRYPTIC CHEST AND TITLE GONE???? EVEN BURNING EFFECT IS GONE!! Someone please explain!! I had planned to use the last day for the last spurt... what the hell, nexon???
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Uhh... this is a joke right?? I thought the update said the event ends at midnight of the 25th... I am pretty sure my computer calendar says today being the 25th... WHY ARE MY CRYPTIC CHEST AND TITLE GONE???? EVEN BURNING EFFECT IS GONE!! Someone please explain!! I had planned to use the last day for the last spurt... what the hell, nexon???

It's no longer the 25th in UTC.
    Sorry, you've been Nexon'ed.

Seems nobody guessed correctly on the poll, either.
    edited April 2017
    weird... the launcher says

[Update 4/11] This event starts and ends at midnight PDT.
    PDT... April 25, 11:59pm
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    We've forwarded this as feedback to see consistency across all platforms when stating event details.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We've forwarded this as feedback to see consistency across all platforms when stating event details.

It's not just a question of "consistency across all platforms."

It's an issue of consistency in the code itself. This event was somehow programmed to start at midnight PDT and end at midnight UTC. I'm sure you'll agree that makes no sense whatsoever.
    Only after that, comes the issue of (apparently) nobody at Nexon America knowing what was coded into the game, which resulted in people writing whatever they understood into whatever platform they were in charge of.
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

REAL smooth there, sweeping your terrible mistake under the rug like nothing happened...
    WHAT WILL YOU DO for the cryptic chest and my frozen set that expired much earlier than expected??
    I am not even mentioning the frustration of not being able to reach lvl 150! Oh wow, Nexon and its "systematic" planning of events!! !!!!!!
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    at least it's some acknowlegement of a problem. Usually Nexon says "Event working as Intended" and then blows you off when you say it's not working as intended.
    and no I'm not a Nexon fanboy as a lot of my posts would indicate.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    Haha! Nice sarcasm.