[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reduce Window Clutter After Login

SorrowSorrow
Reactions: 2,780
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The following windows open by default on login:
- Maple Guide
- Quest Helper
- Soul Weapon
- Reward Points

Who else is tired of logging and seeing this every single time?

AJlOLcB.png

My suggestion is to make these windows not open by default on login. I feel that if I hit "X" in a previous session to close that window it should save this change every time I login. We have the option to toggle these windows on/off already in keyboard settings. What do you guys think?

** Thurs 12th Anniv. perks window was ignored from this list as it will only reappear for the duration of this event and will not be an issue after the event is done.
DDKUKlaraIvangoldTheSammy58

Comments

• DDKUDDKU
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2017
    I agree for the most part. Particularly the RP bar. That should have a key-bind option. It is rather annoying trying to clear it off all the time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Soul Weapon window can be toggled off in your Options (Game tab).

I think the game should remember all your settings from one login session to the next. So if you removed the RP window or the Quest Helper, they should stay off even after relogging.

DDKU
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited April 2017
    Agreed although I've sort of gotten used to it. Every time I log in, it's like a pattern. The instant my character spawns I hit esc twice (one for guide one for soul) then manually close the RP shop because esc doesn't work for it.

This actually brings to mind a random conversation among friends.
    Friend A: What stamps?
    Friend B: You can use it to tele if you have the stamp in your guide.
    Friend C: Do you even know what the maple guide is?
    Friend A: Yeah, it's the annoying window I close every time I log in.

It's funny how sadly we know exactly how he feels. </3
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    Suppo
    KerBansot wrote: »
    Agreed although I've sort of gotten used to it. Every time I log in, it's like a pattern. The instant my character spawns I hit esc twice (one for guide one for soul) then manually close the RP shop because esc doesn't work for it.

This actually brings to mind a random conversation among friends.
    Friend A: What stamps?
    Friend B: You can use it to tele if you have the stamp in your guide.
    Friend C: Do you even know what the maple guide is?
    Friend A: Yeah, it's the annoying window I close every time I log in.

It's funny how sadly we know exactly how he feels. </3

Wait whaaat, you can teleport to any area stamped in your Maple Guide without the level criteria? Like I can teleport to a lower level again if it's stamped in the guide?

Anyways, support. Tons of games already implement being able close announcements and give the option to not have it appear again.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Regarding this suggestion, it's pretty similiar to this suggestion AKradian made in the next "A Better Maple" thread:
    AKradian wrote: »
    I think the game should remember all your settings from one login session to the next. So if you removed the RP window or the Quest Helper, they should stay off even after relogging.
    We can added an extra note that this should be the case for windows that players close.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited April 2017
    Seal wrote: »

Wait whaaat, you can teleport to any area stamped in your Maple Guide without the level criteria? Like I can teleport to a lower level again if it's stamped in the guide?

Yes. I don't remember which patch it was but as long as you have the stamp, you can tele to it unlimited times. You just have to move around in the area to figure out which mob you have to kill to get the stamp i.e. for the forsaken excavation site one (the one w/ masks on the icon) - it sends you to tribal refugee camp and the monster you have to kill to get the stamp are sinister steel masks. Hope that helps.
    Seal
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017