[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

????????? "Illegal Activities"???

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Hi all... This isn't a thread to talk about me getting banned or anything like that, I'm just confused... (once again...) Sometimes when I'm playing Maplestory, a ban for "Illegal Activities" or something pops up, saying that I need to restart the game in order to keep playing??? This happened once in Lubridium, I believe, once in Minar Forest, and twice in Root Abyss. A few minutes ago. With me using 2x Exp and Drop buffs... T_T... (main reason I'm making this thread... losing my buffs D: ) Now, you have no reason to believe me, and I'm not asking you to, but I'm not engaging in any illegal activities. I have a video on pause, Pandora radio, a trivia website, and some guides up. And Maplestory, of course, as well as, the only reason I can think of triggering the "Illegal Activity" notice, Virus Protection in the background... But it's still popping up. So, I'd like to know, is anyone seeing this? Or is it just me? And is this a glitch? Since I can continue playing... which I'm glad about, since I haven't done anything wrong, that I know of... T_T If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thank you!

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Pierre and Queen's chests are currently causing this message to appear when hit. This is a known issue.

If you've seen this happening with any other bosses, please post in the bug report thread here.
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Pierre and Queen's chests are currently causing this message to appear when hit. This is a known issue.

If you've seen this happening with any other bosses, please post in the bug report thread here.

Alright, I see. Thank you!
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hm... I remember this happening to me on Pink Bean (character) when fighting an elite boss in Gold Beach (last map before the boss whatever it's called).
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited April 2017
    a hassle =(
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited May 2017
    Well, seems like I just don't use drop buffs (outside familiars) while I do RA.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    MakazeKiba wrote: »
    Well, seems like I just don't use drop buffs (outside familiars) while I do RA.

Wait. The "illegal activities" message doesn't happen if you don't have a drop buff on?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Wait. The "illegal activities" message doesn't happen if you don't have a drop buff on?

I read it as "If I use a drop buff while doing RA, it's gonna get lost when I dc". Would be funny if that were the case though lol. Like Nexon wants us to lose our drop buffs to disconnections (December flashbacks).

• BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    It seems to be a recurring theme that pops up because of gameguard or blackcipher. It'll probably happen much more, so get used to it?