[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we talk about live chat and reporting hackers?

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Has anyone had any luck lately with reporting players?

I just told live chat yesterday about a hacker and even said he was active and easily bannable if they'd just go check. 24 hours later he's still hacking away. SAD!

Really getting tired of the ranks being polluted with 250 cheaters.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited April 2017
    Yeah not to mention a hacker got to 250 in
    The server renegades *sigh* even if a player report it in the game or live chat nothing happens for a freakin long time :/ if I report this situation I know I will get 0%response.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I use tickets to report players. I give videos/screenshots along with the time, server, channel(sometimes), and map they're on.
    I guess all that info isn't enough because that bot is still on the rankings and I reported them three days ago. :')

I will not lose faith in livechat/tickets though. I have seen a hacker get banned, via livestream, from being reported through livechat.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited April 2017
    There is a very well known player who advertises selling mesos on Luna regularly, even giving a skype name to contact, hes been reported dozens of times over the past 3 months - he still exists.

IF he finally disappears, then my faith will be restored.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited April 2017
    Doesn't seem to work for ages now. They'll tell you that they'll pass your report onto a GM who is "patrolling". Hours later the same hacker is still hacking.

This is why nobody has faith in you Nexon and laughs every time you say you have 24/7 GMs. They just aren't there when it matters or at all.

I don't understand why they can't just instantly deal with the cheater that is hacking as you talk to the GM via live chat. Like seriously? Why not get it over with so you don't get spammed with more tickets. I just don't get it.
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I assure you that all reports are taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

You can assure me all you want, the proof is in the action taken.
    BellamazedDaisukeHarutoLilyflower
  • PachomarPachomar
    Reactions: 910
    edited April 2017
    I assure you that all reports are taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Best joke ever. I only hear "yeah yeah, we will take a look, stop bothering us"

Lilyflower
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    they seem to be able to hide their ign from being reported, i tried reporting one in one instance and an ign off my buddy list appeared instead of the hacker. theyre most probably using a new tool that bypasses the reporting function
    Lilyflower
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Another 250 cheater in bellocan. Such good GMs looking into the reports.
  • illruminatiillruminati
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Unless they do a complete overhaul on the anti hack system. nothing will really change. I've been playing maplestory on and off for 15 years and essentially its always been the same. Now for whatever reason we didnt have that many hackers on EMS before merge. Maby we used a different anti hack system. But continuing to do the same and expect a different result wont change anything. unless we have full time, ingame gms. That only hunt hackers/botters.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017
    Our evidence should be more than enough to get a hacker banned. We don't need patrol to verify the person is hack; we just need someone who can look at our proof and agree the hacker is guilty.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If this patch makes it off the kms test server and into the live server it may be wise to import the anti-hacking, anti-botting changes immediately rather than waiting 6 months.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/04/20/kmst-ver-1-2-049-voice-of-mapler-job-balancing/#more-26985

Aside: why don't we have lie detectors?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Our evidence should be more than enough to get a hacker banned. We don't need patrol to verify the person is hack; we just need someone who can look at our proof and agree the hacker is guilty.

Yeah, like in Rhinne's case.
    Oh, wait.
    AlexFJettLuvsU
  • BishopsAreCoolBishopsAreCool
    Reactions: 400
    edited April 2017
    I got banned in reboot for over 2 weeks for leaving a weight on a key (which I know I fully deserved and I'm not doing again). It seems they do listen to reports, because I know who reported me, but I haven't seen anyone else get banned for the exact same reason. I've seen teleporting kannas all over the place. Then we have the hackers who are actually using bots and have GM detection. Their bot automatically stops attacking or ccs when they are aware of a GM or another player. If they get banned, they just make a new account.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Still not having any luck with getting GMs to take action against high level hackers and/or botters.
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Evidence can easily be forged, like anyone can join a up to date PS and purposely use the same IGN and record themselves botting to frame someone. The problem is how easily it is to create new accounts, but Nexon hasn't been willing to implement any type of secondary verification like phone numbers. Can't blame them though since that could drastically reduce new player registration from both botters and legitimate players. Only works in Asian countries because they have laws regarding anonymity on the internet to counter defamation.
  • azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    The thing I don't understand is why there is a report limit. when you report players ingame by clicking on them it says you can report a maximum of 10 players a day, while I usually meet more than 10 hackers in the same map (just in every channel). I can barely play at level 170 and every good map overrun with hackers.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    azzacura wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand is why there is a report limit. when you report players ingame by clicking on them it says you can report a maximum of 10 players a day, while I usually meet more than 10 hackers in the same map (just in every channel). I can barely play at level 170 and every good map overrun with hackers.

Even as it is, Nexon can't keep up with the volume of reports they get. Wouldn't do you (or anyone else) any good to report 100 or 1000 hackers a day.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    lie detectors when?
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited May 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    lie detectors when?

never cause botters also have the bypass for lie detectors from kms already
    also lie detectors are used more often than not just to anoy other players that are afk
    players from kms dont abuse it soo much but am pretty sure the community of gms will abuse it no doubt
    JettLuvsU
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    lie detectors when?

never cause botters also have the bypass for lie detectors from kms already
    also lie detectors are used more often than not just to anoy other players that are afk
    players from kms dont abuse it soo much but am pretty sure the community of gms will abuse it no doubt

Only hackers bypass it. People should really only be afking in towns where they can easily restrict the use. There's no such thing as KMS players don't abuse it. They have trolls over there too or do you think their culture is that different lol? All of this can easily be prevented by putting in a rule that states any abuse of lie detectors will result in a 30 day ban and permanent if abuse persists. They already have this for people who spam fake reports. Not hard...

I would like to know when Nexon plans on cleaning up Arcane River player botters/hackers. They don't seem to patrol around these areas even when given evidence of people hacking/botting here. You have hackers earning 20-30b per week off nodestones alone because you are not doing anything.