[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestions]Always New Char in Burning Project

EmeraldYukiEmeraldYuki
Reactions: 340
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello GM and maplers!

I have played GMS for 3 years and I think Burning Project is very good event for training.

However, in these days, Burning Project always requires maplers to create new characters and burn it. I remembered that in the past, maplers can burn their other characters rather than new characters. Now, I have trained most of my link characters and I don't need create new one.

Why not let maplers burn all of their characters who meet the requirements of Burning Project(below the level 150 or 140) rather than creating new characters?

Sincerely,

EmeraldYuki

SealSabbmonsterSesomSlayerMisterKrekel

Comments

• SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    Support, pretty much for reasons EmeraldYuki stated.
  • WeAreOneWeAreOne
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    Makes sense, I support this.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Definitely.

Many players already have all or most of the classes they want on their account. Many of them might be lower level than we'd like, though, either because we found playing them to be too tedious and gave up at a low level, or because we got them to 120 for the link skill and now want them at 140 for Union.
    And if someone wants to "waste" a Burning Project by getting just 20 levels on an existing character, instead of 150 on a new one, why should Nexon stop them?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Agreed dunno why they force it on new chars
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    I agree, letting the player choose would be much nicer.
  • EmeraldYukiEmeraldYuki
    Reactions: 340
    edited May 2017
    Seal wrote: »
    Support, pretty much for reasons EmeraldYuki stated.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Definitely.

Many players already have all or most of the classes they want on their account. Many of them might be lower level than we'd like, though, either because we found playing them to be too tedious and gave up at a low level, or because we got them to 120 for the link skill and now want them at 140 for Union.
    And if someone wants to "waste" a Burning Project by getting just 20 levels on an existing character, instead of 150 on a new one, why should Nexon stop them?

Thanks for your agreement. I agree with you for training much characters below lv.120 or lv.140 which is tedious because we always eliminate same mobs and do same quests within the level range.

By the way, what is Union? You mentioned "at 140 for Union".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    By the way, what is Union? You mentioned "at 140 for Union".

Union is part of the Beyond update, which will be our big summer update (right after we're done with Re:ZERO).
    Union is a big revamp of the character card system, especially the card sets.
    What's relevant to the current discussion is that the ranks for character cards will be at levels 60, 100, 140, 200, and 250. With 140 giving the same level buff as 100 does today.

For more details, see:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/01/18/kms-ver-1-2-271-maplestory-beyond-union-2/