[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Email account

NoComparisonNoComparison
Reactions: 1,275
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Where do I find what email account is linked to my Maple ID? Thanks to the new system (I've been playing this account for well over a few years) Thanks to the new system I have to now uncover an ancient and outdated email address and pray to the Gods above below and inside that I remember the password to it let alone the actually email.
Freaking unbelievable but hey Mr Trump is president so I guess we're just in that era of time. Ugh. I want to log on and stream all ready.

Ranting aside, I'd really like to play by at least 10 pm. I was hoping to go in before work but then I ran into this bs problem. Please help.
  1. Old system was best system4 votes
    1. New
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Old
       100% (4 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    What happens when you try to log in with your Maple ID?

When I tried to do that, right after they removed the option, I was automatically taken to a web page for changing the username to an email address, and the address associated with the account already appeared there.

If that's not what happens to you, or the email address is one you don't have access to, you will need to contact Nexon's support (preferably Live Chat, if you're in such a hurry) and tell them what happened. They know many players have the same issue so they have procedures in place for dealing with it. Basically they try to confirm that you're the real owner of the account (by asking you questions about the account and the characters on it), they ask for your government-issued ID, and they set the email to whatever you tell them.

Good luck.
    NoComparison
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited May 2017
    Have you tried logging into the maple website with your old username? It should give you your email address associated with the account.
    NoComparison
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Support takes me to a blank screen and when I try to log on to the main site it just sends me to the same main site except there is an "#" symbol at the end of the url as if I tried to log in and failed. I don't wait to click this too many times but it's happened 5 times now.

I think my only hope from here on out is that an admin sees this and knows what's happening. I'll submit this to the bug report with additional information on my lunch break if this is still unsolved.

Thanks for the advice guys.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Maybe try using another browser? Or clear cookies, etc?
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    You can keep thinking about it. Sitting down with a nice cup of tea and salmon may relax you and jog your memory. Keep thinking of different emails you may have used and the password.

We live in an era where anything can happen. I feel you.