[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer Lil Fort Not Affected By Critical Rate

ArborenArboren
Reactions: 510
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Hello! :)

Bug type: Class skill bug.

Brief bug summary: This bug has been existent for awhile now. After the Scheduled Game Update on April 5, 2017, there was a fix to Beast Tamer's Lil Fort skill. Previously, it was only dealing 100 damage to all enemies. After the Scheduled Game Update this bug was supposedly fixed, except now while Lil Fort is dealing the damage it should, it is now not affected by the player's critical rate like it was before hand.

More details: This bug is rather serious because Lil Fort was a major contributor to the Beast Tamer player's damage, and since it is not dealing any critical attacks, the damage that all Beast Tamer's deal has been reduced drastically.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have above 0% critical rate on a Beast Tamer character.
2. Use the Beast Tamer skill Lil Fort.
3. Notice that the skill will never deal a critical attack.

Character name: Not needed.

Character level: Not needed.

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Not needed.

Date and time of the incident: This bug has been occurring ever since the Scheduled Game Update on April 5, 2017.

Thanks! :)
JettLuvsUMegaScience

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for the report. I have forwarded this.
    Arboren
  • steamconesteamcone
    Reactions: 795
    edited May 2017
    well for me lil fort is barely do more damage than the hammer move. it should be a cozy 1900% damage but its more like 300%. can someone confirm?
    example, the bear hammer move does say 30k per line and lil fort only does 60k per hit. that cant be right surely
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited May 2017
    steamcone wrote: »
    well for me lil fort is barely do more damage than the hammer move. it should be a cozy 1900% damage but its more like 300%. can someone confirm?
    example, the bear hammer move does say 30k per line and lil fort only does 60k per hit. that cant be right surely

I was playing BT and Lil was doing 200k while my hammer around 30k, crit would be very good for this summon too.
  • ArborenArboren
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for the report. I have forwarded this.
    Thanks a lot! :)
    steamcone wrote: »
    Hello! The reason that Lil' Fort is barely doing more damage than Furious Strikes is because of this bug. Since Lil' Fort is never landing a critical attack, it is not affected by the boost that critical attacks get and is also not affected by critical damage. This adds up and results in Lil Fort barely doing any damage. Back when Lil Fort was landing critical hits, it contributed to about 70% of the Beast Tamer's damage. However now since it is never landing a critical attack, it only contributes to about 5% of the Beast Tamer's damage. This bug is pretty crucial because of this.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited May 2017
    Uhh isn't Lil' Fort a Summon? only Summons for Mechanics follow the character damage formula. All others (skill, boss soul) follow the summon damage formula aka no crit rate or % boss
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Uhh isn't Lil' Fort a Summon? only Summons for Mechanics follow the character damage formula. All others (skill, boss soul) follow the summon damage formula aka no crit rate or % boss

In JMS Lil fort can make critical attacks, so I guess before that April update the skill behaved the same in GMS. 3_3
    58ZpZws.png
    Link to video.
  • ArborenArboren
    edited June 2017
    Just thought that I would drop in and say that this bug is still ongoing after the June 8, 2017 Maintenance.