[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion to make Reboot more fun for all players

MrCoolCutMrCoolCut
Reactions: 540
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello, long time mapler here. I've been playing for a good 5 years+ now. For the past 9 months or so i've been playing on reboot. I play a 210 merc and a 205 kanna.

The majority of my gameplay for me and a lot of other people is farming mesos. I would say for myself I do this on my kanna for atleast 75% of my time on maplestory. I know for myself this isn't a lot of fun after countless hours and i'm sure i speak on behalf of a lot of other players as well. It gets to the point where most of us would want to watch a tv show or play a different game while farming.

My suggestion is to implement a way to make just as many mesos in a way that would be viable for all classes. A lot of people who play this game enjoy bossing, event content, and then you have a few other people who will enjoy quests, training past 210, etc.

So perhaps, increase the meso drops on other mobs that way it would even out with some of the higher tier maps for farming. Ex; Northern heights. I know myself if I made just as many mesos training my merc on a map with lvl 210 mobs has I would sitting at northern heights with my kanna I would enjoy the game more. And i'm sure there are other people who would share that opinion. Maybe consider cycleing back towards all the content that as been released in the game and readjust it so that you are able to give players enough motive and incentive to do the content that does not get done by anyone who plays this game. Maybe make it so that quests give out a lot more mesos, or some of the party quests reward you with items that sell for a bigger amount to npcs.
Vekilo

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I really find it hard to feel any sympathy for people who play Reboot and their biggest worry is that farming mesos is boring.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Reboot is supposed to be the harder server.
  • MrCoolCutMrCoolCut
    edited October 2016
    I'm not digging for sympathy. It's a legitimate suggestion to increase interest in the game...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    That wasn't a jab at you, more so the general attitude that people on the subreddit have about playing in Reboot. They have this horrible superiority complex and want everything handed to them for free. This sounded like more of the same.

Farming mesos will always be boring unfortunately. You might have more "fun" with it on your merc because you can train your main (I'm assuming its your main) while farming mesos. But ultimately the act of farming mesos will never really be fun. Its just something that you are going to have to live with unfortunately.
    KeepComingBack
  • MrCoolCutMrCoolCut
    edited October 2016
    Fair enough! With how it stands right now, yea I don't think there is much I can do for productivity far as meso farming goes.. The last thing I would want to see is a game where everything to be handed. No sense of accomplishment would be super boring in the long run.

I think the idea of restructuring the game, so that the gameplay people enjoy can be productive towards there end goal and would be beneficial towards people playing now and people trying out the game in the future. Like to optimize getting from level 1~30 will always be the same method. With that said why not buff some of the other routes that people may share more interest in doing.
    Vekilo
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Stuff is unbalanced because it was introduced at different times, with different expectations from NexonKorea as to how hard it should be to level up. Unfortunately they never went back and balanced all those separate areas with each other. Is it something they should do? Absolutely. Is it something they are likely to do anytime soon? No
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The correct solution is not to increase meso drops on other mobs, but to adjust non-KMS areas to behave like KMS areas.
    Which means: Mobs have 10x the HP, and no meso drops if you're over 20 levels higher than the mobs.
    Yonax
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The correct solution is not to increase meso drops on other mobs, but to adjust non-KMS areas to behave like KMS areas.
    Which means: Mobs have 10x the HP, and no meso drops if you're over 20 levels higher than the mobs.
    pretty much this^

although, i've been playing around with the idea of a reboot only party quest that awards meso instead of exp.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

pretty much this^

although, i've been playing around with the idea of a reboot only party quest that awards meso instead of exp.
    If the rewards are too good, people will be stuck there 24/7 (think R&J PQ, except for life).
    If the rewards are not good enough, nobody will go there.
    gamechangerYonax
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

INB4 NexonNA nerfs these areas to KMS levels and introduces a CS item that returns their HP values to the original and lets you farm mesos there till lvl 250
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

INB4 NexonNA nerfs these areas to KMS levels and introduces a CS item that returns their HP values to the original and lets you farm mesos there till lvl 250
    That item would originate in TMS, not here.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    reb00t will never really be fun unless u think afking and collecting mesos is fun. i rather reb00t get removed and the population go back to the worlds again
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

pretty much this^

If the rewards are too good, people will be stuck there 24/7 (think R&J PQ, except for life).
    however if it's able to get close enough to the "average" amount of meso without actually reaching it, it would become an alternative area for those who would rather have some difference in grinding...

and i figured it was implied that it would have a daily limit... somewhere around 15 runs per day would be fine...

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

reb00t will never really be fun unless u think afking and collecting mesos is fun. i rather reb00t get removed and the population go back to the worlds again

and then we would be returned to the problem of literally every mid-game to end-game boss being locked from the majority of players unless they pay out the nose for nearly every enhancement item (which the majority of that majority can't)...
    Vekilo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

however if it's able to get close enough to the "average" amount of meso without actually reaching it, it would become an alternative area for those who would rather have some difference in grinding...

and i figured it was implied that it would have a daily limit... somewhere around 15 runs per day would be fine...
    Daily limit doesn't matter, not when we can have 40 characters on one account.
    SpectralRyder

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

and then we would be returned to the problem of literally every mid-game to end-game boss being locked from the majority of players unless they pay out the nose for nearly every enhancement item (which the majority of that majority can't)...
    My other suggestion, that of removing boss timers, addresses that, somewhat.
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

the limit could be account-based, as in if you do it X amount of times on one character, then you will not be eligible to do the party quest on any other character until the next day, and the runs will be shared across all characters to avoid exploitation...
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

the limit could be account-based, as in if you do it X amount of times on one character, then you will not be eligible to do the party quest on any other character until the next day, and the runs will be shared across all characters to avoid exploitation...
    Limits on stuff suck, it's like the devs don't want me to play their game. Better solution is to give a bonus for completing it X number of times in a day.
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

Limits on stuff suck, it's like the devs don't want me to play their game. Better solution is to give a bonus for completing it X number of times in a day.
    unfortunately, limits are there to keep people from cheating the system by using botting programs on more than one character to gain unrealistic amounts over another who is playing the game legitimately on one, it's all in the name of fairness...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

ZephyrusSpring

SpectralRyder

unfortunately, limits are there to keep people from cheating the system by using botting programs on more than one character to gain unrealistic amounts over another who is playing the game legitimately on one, it's all in the name of fairness...
    How did botting get into this?

And since when is using multiple characters "cheating"?
    Everyone in Reboot farms meso on their Kanna (or Phantom with a mule Kanna), instead of their main. Are they cheating?
    People in all servers fight the easier bosses (normal Zakum, Hilla, etc) for cubes on multiple characters every day. Are they cheating?
    Nexon practically forces us to make multiple characters (for link skills and character cards). Are we supposed to stop using them once they reach level 120?

Account-wide limits are reserved for Cash or Cash-equivalent content (like Reward Points), or special events with particularly valuable rewards (like Hot Day boxes). Normal game content like PQs, that give normal game items or meso, shouldn't have account-wide limits.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

Limits are made, not to prevent you from playing the game, but to prevent you from staying in only one place in the game and force you to actually play the game and view the rest of the content.

it's not so much about "exploitation" so much as "if you can get the best from doing X, and you can do X half way through the game, why would you continue exploring the game or seek other alternatives" and it's not how the game was intended to be played.

one of the best long lasting examples of this that has happened, is when Unleashed happened and removed entry limits from all PQ's in the PQ zone; that's when people not only stopped doing every other PQ other than maybe dimensional crack, but also started doing R&J exclusively for 70-140 as well as nobody bothering to finish the PQ. We can also talk about the broken EXP the Alien, haunted house and LKC maps were giving at the time when they were not fixed, and everyone just flooding into those 3 maps, not even checking out the other content available for training at the time

And a similar thing is happening on Reboot with Blackgate
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Account-wide limits are reserved for Cash or Cash-equivalent content (like Reward Points), or special events with particularly valuable rewards (like Hot Day boxes). Normal game content like PQs, that give normal game items or meso, shouldn't have account-wide limits.
    I guess Monsterpark is not considered normal game content?
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

ZephyrusSpring

SpectralRyder

How did botting get into this?

And since when is using multiple characters "cheating"?
    Everyone in Reboot farms meso on their Kanna (or Phantom with a mule Kanna), instead of their main. Are they cheating?
    People in all servers fight the easier bosses (normal Zakum, Hilla, etc) for cubes on multiple characters every day. Are they cheating?
    Nexon practically forces us to make multiple characters (for link skills and character cards). Are we supposed to stop using them once they reach level 120?

just because some of the players resort to using multiple computers at the same time to get ahead, doesn't mean all players do or have to...

i'm just pointing out that people spoil the game for the rest of us by doing things like this, which in turn causes limits to be placed.

i also didn't say anything about leaving characters at XXX level either, if you want to take a character further, find someone willing to party with you, find some friends, be social, you could very much benefit from it...

or you could do it like i'm forced to every day, alone with no mules, i can assure you it's not impossible, nor is it too lengthy, it will take at most 7-10 months to go from 1 to 200, possibly another 5-7 months to reach 250 (not accounting for 2x events, varied by character), but it is nowhere near impossible, and it saves quite a bit of desk space, you'll also have some foot-room underneath said desk too...

but who am i kidding, the multibox mentality is becoming too toxic to even care...