[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why are reboot re:zero boxes 500 MIL???

Comments

• LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    is it even something to mock if a 13 year old is learning ecnomonics/business in middle school? isnt it rather stupid to make fun of someone even if theyre 12-13 for learning something useful in middle school? and the concept of economics exists anywhere that there is currency, whether it be imaginary or real.

what were you learning at age of 12-13 other than how to lock yourself in your room and bathroom. Id rather not insult you because then I get penalized for straying off topic.

i dont rly think anyone is mocking, its quite ez to tell that they were insinuating you were talking about a topic you don't have a clear understanding of, its like someone acting like they r a CS graduate but are unable to explain anything past if else statements.

if a middle school is teaching business and economics, it would be a pretty advanced school with sharp students to be having those types of classes.

Welcome to 2017
  • HASUEHASHASUEHAS
    Reactions: 740
    edited May 2017
    is it even something to mock if a 13 year old is learning ecnomonics/business in middle school? isnt it rather stupid to make fun of someone even if theyre 12-13 for learning something useful in middle school? and the concept of economics exists anywhere that there is currency, whether it be imaginary or real.

what were you learning at age of 12-13 other than how to lock yourself in your room and bathroom. Id rather not insult you because then I get penalized for straying off topic.

i dont rly think anyone is mocking, its quite ez to tell that they were insinuating you were talking about a topic you don't have a clear understanding of, its like someone acting like they r a CS graduate but are unable to explain anything past if else statements.

if a middle school is teaching business and economics, it would be a pretty advanced school with sharp students to be having those types of classes.

Like the OP said, you are just grasping at straws, middle schools teaching business isn't that rare, What the other guy said is correct, congrats on learning new subjects but don't act like you know about it when you're clearly only 3 weeks into the course. You are trying to run when you don't even know how to walk.

Also I don't know what you were doing when you were 12/13 but I definitely did more than "learning to lock yourself in your room/bathroom", like what does that even mean??? you need to learn to how to lock a door at 12? I think most people moved past that hurdle by 5 years of age.
    PissedOff
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    HASUEHAS wrote: »

Like the OP said, you are just grasping at straws, middle schools teaching business isn't that rare, What the other guy said is correct, congrats on learning new subjects but don't act like you know about it when you're clearly only 3 weeks into the course. You are trying to run when you don't even know how to walk.

Also I don't know what you were doing when you were 12/13 but I definitely did more than "learning to lock yourself in your room/bathroom", like what does that even mean??? you need to learn to how to lock a door at 12? I think most people moved past that hurdle by 5 years of age.

All this is unrelated to the thread. Can we please keep on the topic of ReZero not use discrediting tactics of debate.
    DarkPassenger
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017

idk what to say, youre the one arguing with a 12 year old, have no real substance in your logic so you have to belittle a 12 year old, is that it?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »
    A whole lot of if's and why's but not a single clear answer as to why 500mil XD hope it is a typo cause honestly 500mil for a chance at a 50 pack of power elixirs is highway robbery LOL.

I'm actually quite curious where you got 50 Power Elixirs from the Re:ZERO Random Box.
    you cant expect a quality item to be 50mil, 500mil for the boxes is fair enough. AKradian even said in another post, if you want the good items youll have to farm mesos, if you dont want to then dont expect to have good items. hyper rocks expire so thats whytheyre cheap, circulators arent even in the tier of these limited time items.

First people say they should cost mesos, now they complain theyre too expensive.
    peremec wrote: »
    Hello? Why are they so expensive? in what universe does 4k nx equal 500 mil mesos? why not follow the precedents set by things like cubes and circulators? I don't understand why you would make the ratio this unfair for just one item

even if it's illegal, in windia people buy nx 1k for 350, so id say 500mil for 4k is a discount with those rates

Even before mentioning RMT(Real-money-trade) and other trades not supported by Nexon, you have to remember those are Black Market rates. It makes no sense to compare such differences between the average pricing of players in illegal trades versus the pricing made by Nexon.

A good example to look at would be the costs of Red Cubes and Black Cubes.

A Red Cube costs 1,200 NX in Non-Reboot while in Reboot it costs 12 million mesos.

A Black Cube costs 2,200 NX in Non-Reboot while in Reboot it costs 22 million mesos.

If we compare the rates of the previous two items...

A Re:ZERO Random Box normally costs 4,000 NX for all worlds but Reboot-exclusive it costs 500 million mesos?

It doesn't add up.

---

@peremec, @DarkPassenger

I've noticed your quoting methods needs some work. It's fine to multi-quote, but it needs to be legible. After three quotes it starts to get hard to read. Above that the quoting blocks starts to break and the post grows to be unnecessary massive chain that takes up more than it needs to on the page.

It's already a discussion about opinions. We don't need to add on unnecessary scrolling due to large chains of multi-quotes.
    DarkPassenger
    edited May 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »
    A whole lot of if's and why's but not a single clear answer as to why 500mil XD hope it is a typo cause honestly 500mil for a chance at a 50 pack of power elixirs is highway robbery LOL.

I'm actually quite curious where you got 50 Power Elixirs from the Re:ZERO Random Box.
    you cant expect a quality item to be 50mil, 500mil for the boxes is fair enough. AKradian even said in another post, if you want the good items youll have to farm mesos, if you dont want to then dont expect to have good items. hyper rocks expire so thats whytheyre cheap, circulators arent even in the tier of these limited time items.

First people say they should cost mesos, now they complain theyre too expensive.
    peremec wrote: »
    Hello? Why are they so expensive? in what universe does 4k nx equal 500 mil mesos? why not follow the precedents set by things like cubes and circulators? I don't understand why you would make the ratio this unfair for just one item

even if it's illegal, in windia people buy nx 1k for 350, so id say 500mil for 4k is a discount with those rates

Even before mentioning RMT(Real-money-trade) and other trades not supported by Nexon, you have to remember those are Black Market rates. It makes no sense to compare such differences between the average pricing of players in illegal trades versus the pricing made by Nexon.

A good example to look at would be the costs of Red Cubes and Black Cubes.

A Red Cube costs 1,200 NX in Non-Reboot while in Reboot it costs 12 million mesos.

A Black Cube costs 2,200 NX in Non-Reboot while in Reboot it costs 22 million mesos.

If we compare the rates of the previous two items...

A Re:ZERO Random Box normally costs 4,000 NX for all worlds but Reboot-exclusive it costs 500 million mesos?

It doesn't add up.

---

@peremec, @DarkPassenger

I've noticed your quoting methods needs some work. It's fine to multi-quote, but it needs to be legible. After three quotes it starts to get hard to read. Above that the quoting blocks starts to break and the post grows to be unnecessary massive chain that takes up more than it needs to on the page.

It's already a discussion about opinions. We don't need to add on unnecessary scrolling due to large chains of multi-quotes.

I understand the cube example, but cubes are priced like that because it's an item that wont disappear, (not an event item)
    I didnt bring up meso sites, i know thats illegal, they assumed i did, i mentioned the nx codes yes, but i also mentioned it was illegal.
    The reasoning I was showing was, if these items are in fact a pay2win item, why is it upsetting that theyre priced at 500mil? imagine, paying 50mil and getting the medal you want. I would say thats too easy.
    edited May 2017
    You people do realize how many non rezero items there are in the box right? The chance of the medal is <2% costing 500m per try
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    You people do realize how many non rezero items there are in the box right? The chance of the medal is <2% costing 500m per try

Does the medal have good stats or anything. I mean its good for collectors but its not worth 500mil.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited May 2017
    They just can't grasp the fact that how 500 mill for this box is terrible. Once the boxes are released, let's see one of them buy the box for 500mill and obtain a soul enchanter when you have a stack of 100 already..

If the boxes were 50 mill, I wouldn't be as mad if I got the soul enchanter. Because I can try 9 more times before I hit 500mill.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    Rounding the price off to 50mil seems to be the right way to go, i mean look at the random pet box if i can have a chance to get a freaking permanent pet for 4k nx out of a box of random pets or get a 90 day pet it is a win win situation at that point cause in the end i still get a freaking pet!

But 500mil to get a slight chance at getting a cash shop item(random i might add) or random junk potions and what not, ill let that bloody box stay right where it is and just go spend my 500mil on cubes or something.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    I understand the cube example, but cubes are priced like that because it's an item that wont disappear, (not an event item)
    I didnt bring up meso sites, i know thats illegal, they assumed i did, i mentioned the nx codes yes, but i also mentioned it was illegal.
    The reasoning I was showing was, if these items are in fact a pay2win item, why is it upsetting that theyre priced at 500mil? imagine, paying 50mil and getting the medal you want. I would say thats too easy.
    The probability of obtaining the medal is most likely slim enough that it won't happen on a large scale. If you're trying to say even one player out of the rest in Reboot scores that kind of luck is too much, I believe that's more on opinion. As a Non-Reboot player I would be angry they scored that kind of luck using in-game currency but that's Reboot.
    There are quite a few people who can easily farm that amount of mesos endlessly through the event, but I can see that most Rebooters aren't those types of people who have mesos/drop gear items. For the average player 500 million mesos at a chance to most likely get an item that can possibly be obtained in an event coin shop in the future versus continuing to upgrade their equipment in my opinion is brave.
    It's more likely someone will obtain a chair, mount, Soul Enchanter, Chair/Mineral/Herb Bag, Title Holders, Coin Purse, or Android rather than a Re:ZERO Medal or the Permanent Pendant Slot. I think there's much more than the 26 items listed.

From a previous thread where we shared our opinions, I find it quite hard to find a common ground of agreement. I believe it's best to agree to disagree.

I understand that you see that 500 million mesos is reasonable, but it doesn't dismiss the fact for concern because others think that's somehow a mistake which is the core reason of the thread creation. The best scenario would be for a Nexon Staff or Representative to address the issue.

Afterwards regardless of outcome, there's not much that can be done besides continuing to repeat the reason of why they think or don't think it should cost that certain amount. From my view point, I don't see anything else that is fact but more of opinion.
    edited May 2017

Does the medal have good stats or anything. I mean its good for collectors but its not worth 500mil.

Thats where my argument is, if the stats arent worth the 500mil in odds, then no real advantage is gained from the items, if theres no real advantage, these items cant fall into the category of pay to win. A better argument for them wouldve been, "look nexon, these items are only good for collectors, in no way do they gain anyone real advantage, these items arent pay to win items so they shouldnt be sold for 500mil per box." maybe then would the uproar be taken more serious.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Thats where my argument is, if the stats arent worth the 500mil in odds, then no real advantage is gained from the items, if theres no real advantage, these items cant fall into the category of pay to win. A better argument for them wouldve been, "look nexon, these items are only good for collectors, in no way do they gain anyone real advantage, these items arent pay to win items so they shouldnt be sold for 500mil per box." maybe then would the uproar be taken more serious.

Pay2Win doesn't have to be expensive.
    Red Cubes are considered Pay2Win even though they only cost $1.2 and most of the time they don't improve your damage at all (or even reduce it).
    And they cost 12m in Reboot.

The medal is very valuable, but the chance of getting it from the box is considerably lower than the chance of getting useful potential out of a Red Cube.
    There is no reason for every attempt at getting the medal to cost twelve times as much (in NX:meso terms) as Red Cubes.
    edited May 2017
    I only have 2b left on my main and I can assure you that even though I will buy the boxes, with my luck I wont get a single rezero item. People are saying 500m is fair enough for rezero item but that would make since if the box only contained rezero items. I think its like a 25% chance at 1 rezero item from the box but that could range from the chairs to the titles ect with only a 2% chance at the medal most people want. 500m for those odds doesn't even seem close to fair since all past crossover events only had items of the anime not potions and soul enchanters and other obtainable items in game.
  • AcerBeastAcerBeast
    Reactions: 630
    edited May 2017
    i doubt it's a typo cause the Starting Life in Re:Boot World event gives you 500mil when you get a character to 180, coincidentally the exact amount for a box. I don't really care if the medal is in reboot or not cause it's still rng based to get it. To me the problem is more towards the amount of random junk that are added to the boxes (surprise and random box) that has nothing to do with the crossover.
    PissedOff
    edited May 2017
    AcerBeast wrote: »
    i doubt it's a typo cause the Starting Life in Re:Boot World event gives you 500mil when you get a character to 180, coincidentally the exact amount for a box. I don't really care if the medal is in reboot or not cause it's still rng based to get it. To me the problem is more towards the amount of random junk that are added to the boxes (surprise and random box) that has nothing to do with the crossover.

thats a good deduction and analysis
  • ImaBlastImaBlast
    Reactions: 1,225
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    500m a box is only encouraging botters. Thanks so much.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    LOL. He means you were learning how to... ahem, "pleasure" yourself... most people do that behind locked doors.

And yeah, I don't play in Reboot, but I still think they should remove the medals from the boxes. Bad precedent, goes against one of the main things people like about the server, etc.

IDEALLY, there'd be a "play" to win option for all servers, where you could earn the medals through gameplay (and guaranteed instead of RNG, like how the MLH/Sengoku events usually give us enough candies for ONE top-shelf item). If that were an option, I'd be more okay with them being in the NX boxes I guess. It'd still kinda go against what people like about Reboot, since they don't even sell the MLH/Sengoku keys for nx, right? But at least you'd still have the opportunity to earn the medal without nx.

• SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    Basically what Arkadian said, hopefully the latter. Why grind for 500,000,000 mesos when you can buy one for what, like $4? Honestly it would take me more time to grind for this much mesos than work a minimum wage job, which is only around $8 in my state, and buy the boxes for NX instead.

Anyways, I'm done. I feel like we all knew this was coming, especially when they tried introducing mesos sacks, but were in denial. I feel like an idiot trying to convince some of my friends to rejoin, and I'm glad they didn't. Now I only need to feel bad for wasting my own money on cosmetics because I wanted to support Reboot.
    edited May 2017
    Dont worry theyre 2.2k nx now with less rezero items