[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Re:Zero Cash Update - New Suggestions

DannyRoseDannyRose
Reactions: 720
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
First off I'd like to say that I'm glad that these changes were implimented:

Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 3,200 NX on Non-Reboot Worlds
Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 2,200 NX on Reboot
Re:ZERO Random Box Meso reduced from 500,000,000 Mesos to 100,000,000 Mesos on Reboot

However, I believe that these next changes were a bad idea and misrepresented the intentions of the vocal community when we said "keep p2w out of reboot" :

Life in Another World Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
Re:ZERO Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot

What we meant wasn't to remove the medals from the boxes but to change the boxes entirely so that only Re:Zero items remained. I believe I mentioned this on my previous post on here:

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/12018/re-zero-thoughts-suggestions-on-the-cash-grab#latest

What made the random box desirable in the first place was the inclusion of the Re:Zero medals. What made the random box so controversial and "p2w" was the even more skewed rng against obtaining these medals by adding philosopher book / marvel content into the "Re:Zero" random box. I believe that if the only items that were in the box were Re:Zero themed then little to no one would have been outraged about the boxes.

Same goes for the Re:Zero surprise style boxes and the hair coupons. I'm still waiting for both of those to be addressed by Arwoo or Nexon. Like I mentioned in my other thread that I linked above, we don't want MVP surprise style boxes with Re:Zero perm nx, we want Re:Zero surprise style boxes with Re:Zero themed nx ONLY. Either that or individual purchases of these items or sets in cash shop.

Regarding the hairs, just do all Re:Zero hairs without being mixed with regular royals or sell individual hair coupons limited to 1 of each per account.

I don't think that any of these suggestions are unreasonable, or at least address these issues.
BunnySakiPissedOffMapler

Comments

• BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    DannyRose wrote: »

Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 3,200 NX on Non-Reboot Worlds
    Re:ZERO Random Box Meso reduced from 500,000,000 Mesos to 100,000,000 Mesos on Reboot

However, I believe that these next changes were a bad idea and misrepresented the intentions of the vocal community when we said "keep p2w out of reboot" :

What we meant wasn't to remove the medals from the boxes but to change the boxes entirely so that only Re:Zero items remained. I believe I mentioned this on my previous post on here:

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/12018/re-zero-thoughts-suggestions-on-the-cash-grab#latest

What made the random box desirable in the first place was the inclusion of the Re:Zero medals. What made the random box so controversial and "p2w" was the even more skewed rng against obtaining these medals by adding philosopher book / marvel content into the "Re:Zero" random box. I believe that if the only items that were in the box were Re:Zero themed then little to no one would have been outraged about the boxes.

Same goes for the Re:Zero surprise style boxes and the hair coupons. I'm still waiting for both of those to be addressed by Arwoo or Nexon. Like I mentioned in my other thread that I linked above, we don't want MVP surprise style boxes with Re:Zero perm nx, we want Re:Zero surprise style boxes with Re:Zero themed nx ONLY. Either that or individual purchases of these items or sets in cash shop.

Regarding the hairs, just do all Re:Zero hairs without being mixed with regular royals or sell individual hair coupons limited to 1 of each per account.

I don't think that any of these suggestions are unreasonable, or at least address these issues.

I definitely agree with this. If people knew that they were guaranteed a Re:Zero equip, they would have no problem dropping money on those surprise boxes in both non Reboot and Reboot. The could potentially make more money by changing it than what the box currently gives, as some people seem to say that Nexon needs to make money somehow on this event.
    DannyRoseQuilavaPissedOffMapler
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    I'm a purely cosmetics chaser in this crossover event, so I'm supporting the idea for Surprise Style Boxes and Hair Coupons. They showed and quoted the usability of the hair coupons on stream - players shouldn't be lied to like that.
    QuilavaDannyRosePissedOffMapler
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    BunnySaki wrote: »
    DannyRose wrote: »

I definitely agree with this. If people knew that they were guaranteed a Re:Zero equip, they would have no problem dropping money on those surprise boxes in both non Reboot and Reboot. The could potentially make more money by changing it than what the box currently gives, as some people seem to say that Nexon needs to make money somehow on this event.

Exactly, if Re:Zero items were guaranteed people would stock up on duplicates for all their characters or to sell later in the year.
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    I'm a purely cosmetics chaser in this crossover event, so I'm supporting the idea for Surprise Style Boxes and Hair Coupons. They showed and quoted the usability of the hair coupons on stream - players shouldn't be lied to like that.
    I agree 100%, I was looking forward to the royals cause I wanted 1 of each but now the odds are that in getting all 6 hairstyles you'll get the other regular royals at the same rate or even higher rate which in turn leads to spending more money which could have been avoided. I found it fishy when they started holding back the biweekly royal rotation. Now I know why.

• PissedOffPissedOff
    Reactions: 810
    edited May 2017

What's even more disappointing is that the main site said that there would be "Re:Zero Hair Coupons" as well...
    DannyRose
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2017
    PissedOff wrote: »

What's even more disappointing is that the main site said that there would be "Re:Zero Hair Coupons" as well...

Who knows,.. maybe they'll pull a Heroes of Maple on us and release the selective versions (re:zero only) the next cs update like they did weekly with HoM sets a week after HoM random boxes were introduced.

I'm really glad I never cared for the anime anyways, I'm happy with the Meso Shop.
    DannyRose
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

Who knows,.. maybe they'll pull a Heroes of Maple on us and release the selective versions (re:zero only) the next cs update like they did weekly with HoM sets a week after HoM random boxes were introduced.

I'm really glad I never cared for the anime anyways, I'm happy with the Meso Shop.
    Won't that be a slap in the face lol. At this point that's all we can hope for, I don't feel like enough people are speaking up about this.
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017

And those hair coupons were even showcased in the livestream...