[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missing Characters

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Ok, so this is my first time posting one of these. I've tried doing all I can, but there is nowhere else to turn to. Ok, here goes. Today, I tried to log in my account and I immediately noticed that Nexon changed the login process to no longer using user ID. Why this is, I don't know. So, I was prompted to do that captcha thing, however, it kept telling me to please try again and I swear I'm clicking everything that pertains to the things specified (for the one about the street signs, do the poles count too?) After some time, I figured out that I could do an audio captcha instead and I did that and passed and was able to log into the game. After I logged into the NA server and on Bellocan, I noticed that every single character of mine was missing. Missing and replaced with two low-leveled characters with randomly generated names. I logged out and relogged many times and it was still the same. So, my question is, what in the world happened to my characters?? I've been playing this game for many years and have never done anything shady. Is this related to the 4/20 unable to log in issue? Was there some sort of massive account purge that I was unaware of? I know that recently Nexon freed up character igns and if you log into your account, your account would be safe. I did this and I didn't need to because I play regularly anyway. However, recently, I haven't played for a few months because I wanted to focus on school and then this whole thing happened. I looked on the player rankings and according to those, my characters still exist. I even checked my alternate email and I got the same result. The two characters were the same as on my other account. They seem to be linked together or something. I need to recheck to be sure. I'm currently trying to figure this out, but until Nexon's ticket service opens, I'm at a loss. Also, the audio captcha isn't working for me anymore and now I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong on this picture captcha thing. It may be related to the 4/20 login issure because I can't seem to get past the captcha anymore. How could this have happened and what is causing it? I sent a ticket with a few of my characters on that account detailing what I've said here and I really hope to get a reply back soon because I really want to do this RE: Zero crossover event. If anyone else is having this problem or may know of a possible solution, then please tell me. This is causing me unnecessary stress because this has never happened to me before. Are my characters gone forever?

Comments

• PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited May 2017
    Hello Stallben please contact customer support : https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us they will be able to help you with your account issues :)
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I'd like to post an update regarding
    Hello Stallben please contact customer support : https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us they will be able to help you with your account issues :)

Thank you. I'd like to post an update regarding my issue. A little while before the maintenance, I logged back into my account and saw that all of my characters have been returned. I have no idea how this happened or why, but as of right now, the issue has somehow resolved itself. However, if possible I'd still like to report this issue as a possible technical issue for future reference just in case anything like this happens to anybody else as I'd hate to have someone else think they lost a lifetime's worth of progress due to some error. Thank you for your help.