[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GG nexon

XeratetsuXeratetsu
Reactions: 1,050
Posts: 43
Member
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
Seems like when we finally win, and get nexon to keep their p2w mits out of reboot, they just want to throw it back in.

8aad3a2f07.png

there was no reason for us to buy the boxes in reboot, but because nexon cant make money that way they put in a system that incentivises buying these boxes with nx to get things that we literally cant obtain any other way than events in reboot.

Love you too nexon. -_-
n0ReasonHiroki05Dough

Comments

  • ColorcipherColorcipher
    Reactions: 885
    Posts: 15
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    Lastly, I don't believe we should be criticizing Nexon over these mundane things, they're listening to the community, and while they are open to criticism, I don't believe accusing them of making Reboot P2W is just. Because Reboot's sole purpose is to NOT be P2W.

    Trading isn't a thing in Reboot, and getting Unique isn't exactly THAT rare, you can get it in 500 mil, even less than that and making meso in Reboot is easier. Epic Potential Scrolls are able to be obtained in many ways, so I don't see how this is supposed to be a bad thing.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,220
    Posts: 5,974
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    It doesn't matter how low the chance, and it doesn't matter that these items sometimes show up through other events.
    People should not be able to pay either a fixed price or a random price, in NX, for a Unique Potential Scroll in Reboot.

    Otherwise, why not put NX cubes into Reboot's Cash Shop, alongside the meso cubes?
    n0Reasonlink37890xOtakuHiroki05Dough
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    It doesn't matter how low the chance, and it doesn't matter that these items sometimes show up through other events.
    People should not be able to pay either a fixed price or a random price, in NX, for a Unique Potential Scroll in Reboot.

    Otherwise, why not put NX cubes into Reboot's Cash Shop, alongside the meso cubes?

    Exactly this. There should be absolutely no way to buy any source of power in reboot.
    Dough
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,020
    Posts: 58
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    Lastly, I don't believe we should be criticizing Nexon over these mundane things, they're listening to the community, and while they are open to criticism, I don't believe accusing them of making Reboot P2W is just. Because Reboot's sole purpose is to NOT be P2W.

    Trading isn't a thing in Reboot, and getting Unique isn't exactly THAT rare, you can get it in 500 mil, even less than that and making meso in Reboot is easier. Epic Potential Scrolls are able to be obtained in many ways, so I don't see how this is supposed to be a bad thing.

    ???

    that's the POINT though... Reboot was made specifically so players could enjoy a non-p2w environment, yet they have the audacity to try and put in **** like this. It doesn't matter how rare you claim it will be, the fact is while most players have to earn it, the many whales will just swipe their credit card and get a bunch of effortless uniques which completely defeats the purpose of this server.
    XeratetsuDough
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,230
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    It doesn't matter how low the chance, and it doesn't matter that these items sometimes show up through other events.
    People should not be able to pay either a fixed price or a random price, in NX, for a Unique Potential Scroll in Reboot.

    Otherwise, why not put NX cubes into Reboot's Cash Shop, alongside the meso cubes?

    As it's already been said many times; allowing Nexon to do this once will just give them the idea that this is ok to do in the future.
    They already removed the medals from Reboot which hurts; they left in the NX boxes which had much less reason to buy for many
    due to the lack of the medals. DUE TO THIS; I'm sure they added in this system as an incentive to get players in Reboot to spend NX,
    but that just means they took out a medal a good amount of people wanted for the reason of:

    "For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event. However, this decision came with our vocal Maplers stating that the medal is an advantage favoring those who purchase NX. "

    But this is still p2w; if you can pay any amount of money and get items that help your progression on Reboot;
    this is exactly what we were just trying to put a stop to yesterday.

    From what I can tell; this just proves that they didn't really listen to us, and not only punished us by completely removing the medal for the outcry, but just making a new p2w option that they're highly unlikely to change now. Way to kick us while we're down.
    WillowRosenbergRolls
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited May 2017
    We just went over this....... Does Nexon really have to make reboot p2w? there's really no point for reboot's existance at this rate if it's going to end up being another p2w server with all the restrictions in reboot.
    Dough
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Nexon doesnt know how to not be [Removed] to their consumer base. At this point they just dont care about our input. They removed the medal to try and appeal to us and then just said "[Removed] you deal with it" to us by adding this is

    Moderator note: Removed foul language. Please do not attempt to bypass the censors.
    Dough
  • ColorcipherColorcipher
    Reactions: 885
    Posts: 15
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    It doesn't matter how low the chance, and it doesn't matter that these items sometimes show up through other events.
    People should not be able to pay either a fixed price or a random price, in NX, for a Unique Potential Scroll in Reboot.

    Otherwise, why not put NX cubes into Reboot's Cash Shop, alongside the meso cubes?

    As it's already been said many times; allowing Nexon to do this once will just give them the idea that this is ok to do in the future.
    They already removed the medals from Reboot which hurts; they left in the NX boxes which had much less reason to buy for many
    due to the lack of the medals. DUE TO THIS; I'm sure they added in this system as an incentive to get players in Reboot to spend NX,
    but that just means they took out a medal a good amount of people wanted for the reason of:

    "For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event. However, this decision came with our vocal Maplers stating that the medal is an advantage favoring those who purchase NX. "

    But this is still p2w; if you can pay any amount of money and get items that help your progression on Reboot;
    this is exactly what we were just trying to put a stop to yesterday.

    From what I can tell; this just proves that they didn't really listen to us, and not only punished us by completely removing the medal for the outcry, but just making a new p2w option that they're highly unlikely to change now. Way to kick us while we're down.

    You know what, nevermind.

  • RowEchelonRowEchelon
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 4
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This whole ordeal has frankly been embarrassing. The admins are clearly completely out of touch with the Reboot player base, and clearly have no idea how to increase sales in a non-p2w manner. If you want to increase Re:Zero box sales, remove all the extra crap from the boxes and throw in hair coupons.
    WillowRosenberg
  • MINSMSMINSMS
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited May 2017
    please add the medals to the list!
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not entirely sure how this is P2W, you can buy the random boxes with meso and it won't include specific items.

    Besides, you'll need to buy a lot of boxes just to get a chance at those items, which I believe justifies its existence in Reboot.

    Don't forget the fact that there have been plenty of events in Reboot (including attendance), that have given hardworking players Unique Potential Scrolls, like the Artifact and Rocket events, which allowed you to buy a Unique Potential Scroll.

    It doesn't matter how low the chance, and it doesn't matter that these items sometimes show up through other events.
    People should not be able to pay either a fixed price or a random price, in NX, for a Unique Potential Scroll in Reboot.

    Otherwise, why not put NX cubes into Reboot's Cash Shop, alongside the meso cubes?

    As it's already been said many times; allowing Nexon to do this once will just give them the idea that this is ok to do in the future.
    They already removed the medals from Reboot which hurts; they left in the NX boxes which had much less reason to buy for many
    due to the lack of the medals. DUE TO THIS; I'm sure they added in this system as an incentive to get players in Reboot to spend NX,
    but that just means they took out a medal a good amount of people wanted for the reason of:

    "For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event. However, this decision came with our vocal Maplers stating that the medal is an advantage favoring those who purchase NX. "

    But this is still p2w; if you can pay any amount of money and get items that help your progression on Reboot;
    this is exactly what we were just trying to put a stop to yesterday.

    From what I can tell; this just proves that they didn't really listen to us, and not only punished us by completely removing the medal for the outcry, but just making a new p2w option that they're highly unlikely to change now. Way to kick us while we're down.

    Why are we still here? Just to suffer?