[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GG mesosmarket 1:250

SkippemsSkippems
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Meso market
Me who was thinking "yes a meso market! a moment where maple is not in core of a pay to win"
1:250... my dream is crushed. If i would want to buy a cube for 1.2k nx i can buy 3 cubes for 1b a.k. 5euro what a cheap offer!. Wauw.

Players controling the NX market/NX rate
Players have created their own nx rate to 1:200 and some even buy for 1:400? do you even realise you are emptying your own wallet?? why invest more money then necessary?? I understand there is a difference between rich and poor players in maple and pay to win players and non-pay to win players. But you're realy making it a pain in the ass for yourselfs and for non-pay to win players. But i gues there is nothing to be done about people that have jobs and just want to spent their salary of the month on their favourite game. Or people that just have rich parents who pay their Nx for them. Isn't there a way we can all together lower the price of the NX rate together. It will all benefit us and will also lower the prices in FM. The prices in the FM are as high as they have ever been. Items sell for 30-40b. Prices that have never been seen in maple history. Prices that are unbelieveabley big! New players won't even get a chanse to be as strong as players are today. They will not even be able to get 1/100 of what some players have. And if they do want to reach that they have to spent over 10k in euro's to surpass those people or even get on a same amount of strenght. Not to mention that when prices drop we all have to spent less to get more. And i understand when prices drop people still want to shine above others and be dominant against other players. Maybe it's impossible but i am very curious on what some people have to say. This is btw no fingerpointing to those who do spent alot of nx and actually controle the NX market.

Best regards,

Sem

Comments

• SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    I can understand your intentions, but you have to understand the market won't be set for years and years because as time passes, more mesos are generated by players and so prices for items will steadily increase to what it is now. That inflation is absurd for returning players to see but the price of items to sell have also gone up, as well as methods for making money ingame. While it seems unfair to non-pay to win characters (p2w doesn't make sense cuz the main/only comp is seeing who does more damage, not even pvp battles), they can still get to their goal through grinding and playing the market. It's the same with mobile games in that sense in most have a method of obtaining whatever currency for buying cash shop goods but at a slow rate, obviously because they want people to give them money. Changing a market once it becomes a standard is a nigh impossible task, so it's better to learn the rules and play them in your favor.
  • SkippemsSkippems
    edited May 2017
    A very nice reply. And a very realstic one aswell. I have nothing to add on your comment :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Nobody is "controlling the market."
    The market is controlled by supply and demand.
    There are two sides to every trade.
    In this case, there are people with NX and there are people with meso.
    They each want to get the best rate from their side of things.

I don't exactly understand who you are asking to change the rate. You want the people with meso, who want Maple Points, to "boycott" buying until the people with NX offer it for less?
  • CosmeticsCosmetics
    Reactions: 590
    edited May 2017
    Did you really think the Meso Market would suddenly lower NX rates? As you said, people were clearly buying for 1:200 ~ 1:400 before, so a marketplace for safely trading NX to meso and vice-versa wouldn't really affect the rates it was traded at.

And it being overly expensive goes two ways. Yes, items can be worth 30-40b. But using your ratio of 1:250 people evaluate those items at 120 to 160k NX to make (after all, with the Meso Market they can simply exchange that amount of NX to meso to afford that item). I still think 1:250 is too low as my server's Meso Market is around 250-300 NX for 100m, which means people evaluate those same items at around 60-120k NX to make. The truth is the items that are worth 30-40b or higher cost the seller at least that much in NX usually to obtain/make, and the person is just trying to fairly price their items.
  • SkippemsSkippems
    edited May 2017
    I totaly understand both of you don't get me wrong. The more money you invest in something the more the value of the item will increase. To give a clear answer on "AKradian" I know the market is based on supply and demand. But try to see it this way:

When you want to start a sunflower company and you need seeds to actually grow those plants to get the product you want to sell. You need to buy those seeds from someone like a seed company. Ofcourse there are multiple companies that are capeable of selling you those seeds, however when for example one company has monopoly on a product it automatically means he owns the market. That means he has full privilege on selling those seeds. Wich means he can determine his own price.

That is what happened to maplestory. Maplestory has become a solo game. A game where players are very focust on themselves (wich is the complete oppesite how maple used to be). If i would have clear numbers on how much money there was spent on nx between 2005-2010 and 2010-2017 i think i would know the answer. People spent more so they become more strong on their own. Wich means they pumped more money into the game wich ended up on better equipment. Don't forget maplestory is the cause of this since they were the people who invented stuff like potential, additional potential, enhancements, souls, flames and nebulites. All of that adds more value to an item wich automatically means that you have to put more money into the game to reach the max result of what can be reached.

For you Cosmetics it's true. You can't change the market in 1 day. though 1:250 is not normal. Think of it this way.

When i go out and sit on a terrace on a nice summer day i orde a nice beer. That beer will cost me €2,50,-. I pay for the product that i consume and i will pay for the fact i can sit on their terrain. If i compare this to maplestory it's just rediculous.
    1:250 or also, €1 = 250m, or 1 cube = €1,20 (300m)
    That means i pay €1,20 for a virtual cube. A cube that gives a succes rate of lets say 10% from epic to unique! if i would want to get what i pay for ( a tier up) i have to spent at least 12 euro on a virtual game to get what i want since maybe 1 out of the 10 cubes work. I pay 12 euro to get where i want to be. While drinking a beer get's me immidiatly where i want to be. the NX rate used to be 1:60. That means €1 = 60m. or 1 cube 72m (€0,72 cents) or €7,20 to actually gamble to get something nice. A much more descent price for a virtual game item if i say it myself. Don't forget many players in maple are between a age of 12 and 20. And many players don't think about how they spent their money. I have met enough players who had rich parents who let their children to spent €100,- on cubes. Common... €100,- on a bunch of virtual paint made cubes? The fact that you call it normal is because you probably don't know any better. And if you do know in my oppinion people throw money away. Maple is not the safest game in the world and the chanse you get hacked is present. I would never ever put my money on a game like maple. However that is just a opinion.

To remind you. I am not attacking you by convincing you what i think is right. You can think whatever you want to think. I do not wish a reply that's off topic or that is totaly irrelevant to the topic. I respect your oppinions and i read them well. Your thoughts share just as much value as mine and i'd like to keep it that way on this forum.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Skippems wrote: »
    I totaly understand both of you don't get me wrong. The more money you invest in something the more the value of the item will increase. To give a clear answer on "AKradian" I know the market is based on supply and demand. But try to see it this way:

When you want to start a sunflower company and you need seeds to actually grow those plants to get the product you want to sell. You need to buy those seeds from someone like a seed company. Ofcourse there are multiple companies that are capeable of selling you those seeds, however when for example one company has monopoly on a product it automatically means he owns the market. That means he has full privilege on selling those seeds. Wich means he can determine his own price.

Yes, but no player in Maple has a monopoly on either meso or Maple Points, so I don't see your point.
    When you go to the meso market you can say "I want to buy Maple Points at 1:100 rate" and see whether anyone is willing to trade at that rate. If nobody does, then nobody does. It doesn't mean there's only one Maple Point seller controlling the others.
    Skippems wrote: »
    That is what happened to maplestory. Maplestory has become a solo game. A game where players are very focust on themselves (wich is the complete oppesite how maple used to be). If i would have clear numbers on how much money there was spent on nx between 2005-2010 and 2010-2017 i think i would know the answer. People spent more so they become more strong on their own. Wich means they pumped more money into the game wich ended up on better equipment. Don't forget maplestory is the cause of this since they were the people who invented stuff like potential, additional potential, enhancements, souls, flames and nebulites. All of that adds more value to an item wich automatically means that you have to put more money into the game to reach the max result of what can be reached.

For you Cosmetics it's true. You can't change the market in 1 day. though 1:250 is not normal. Think of it this way.

When i go out and sit on a terrace on a nice summer day i orde a nice beer. That beer will cost me €2,50,-. I pay for the product that i consume and i will pay for the fact i can sit on their terrain. If i compare this to maplestory it's just rediculous.
    1:250 or also, €1 = 250m, or 1 cube = €1,20 (300m)
    That means i pay €1,20 for a virtual cube. A cube that gives a succes rate of lets say 10% from epic to unique! if i would want to get what i pay for ( a tier up) i have to spent at least 12 euro on a virtual game to get what i want since maybe 1 out of the 10 cubes work. I pay 12 euro to get where i want to be. While drinking a beer get's me immidiatly where i want to be. the NX rate used to be 1:60. That means €1 = 60m. or 1 cube 72m (€0,72 cents) or €7,20 to actually gamble to get something nice. A much more descent price for a virtual game item if i say it myself. Don't forget many players in maple are between a age of 12 and 20. And many players don't think about how they spent their money. I have met enough players who had rich parents who let their children to spent €100,- on cubes. Common... €100,- on a bunch of virtual paint made cubes? The fact that you call it normal is because you probably don't know any better. And if you do know in my oppinion people throw money away. Maple is not the safest game in the world and the chanse you get hacked is present. I would never ever put my money on a game like maple. However that is just a opinion.

To remind you. I am not attacking you by convincing you what i think is right. You can think whatever you want to think. I do not wish a reply that's off topic or that is totaly irrelevant to the topic. I respect your oppinions and i read them well. Your thoughts share just as much value as mine and i'd like to keep it that way on this forum.

I don't understand what you're getting at.
    Yes, cubes are expensive, considering their low chance of actually giving you what you want.
    Yes, people paid a ton of real-life money to get strong in the game.
    Yes, it's become SoloStory.

How does all that mean that people who buy NX with Euro now, should sell it to you for less meso than the maximum they can get?
    Who are you suggesting should force them to do it?
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nobody is "controlling the market."
    The market is controlled by supply and demand.
    There are two sides to every trade.

I disagree with this point however, there is a HUGE contributor to the markets, that has set the value of the mesos so low, which triggered the inflation of mesos in the first place, with the abundance of botters and illegal sites. It creates a cycle when you purchase those items from those clearly botted shops. So yes there are two sides to every trade, and the market is controlled by supply and demand, however when that supply is coming from illegal sources, and the demand is being conducted by the help of those sites, then yes, the market is being controlled heavily..

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    It might be a good idea to consider raising the meso cap again.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    I wonder about those people who win those 1 million maple point coupons from marvel machine...i would dare say they have a gigantic monopoly on the market XD and heaven forbid if they doubled down LOL.