[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New player character progression and meso farm tip

AlwusAlwus
Reactions: 100
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Hello.
I just started playing on Reboot and want to know in what order I should progress my char, like link skills, meso farmer or just lvl my main first?
And the other thing is how I can farm meso since they nerfed the meso rate on reboot?
Tyvm :)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The meso rate on Reboot hasn't been nerfed. Only the meso drops in the Blackgate area. I believe the current favorite meso farming spots are Mysterious Path 3 and Ghost Ship in Singapore.
  • AlwusAlwus
    edited May 2017
    Oh okay but are there any other methods that I can try? :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Alwus wrote: »
    Oh okay but are there any other methods that I can try? :)

Methods?

Since there is no market in Reboot, the ways of getting meso are pretty limited.
    1. Kill bosses and NPC their drops, on as many characters as you can.
    2. Farm valuable ETC drops and NPC them (i.e., Pieces of Time from Temple of Time maps)
    3. Farm raw meso from normal monsters.

Option 1 is limited to those bosses you can kill and the number of times you can kill them per day. The other two can be done all day every day. I don't think there's a consensus as to which one is better. Probably depends on whether you have %meso drop or %item drop on your gear.
  • AlwusAlwus
    edited May 2017
    Alright thank you, I will try them :)
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited May 2017
    Because you said you're a new character on Reboot, I wouldn't farm mesos right away. Getting stronger and higher level is your first priority. You need the necessary end-game gears to cube. That's what meso farming is for (to buy cubes).

Get the commerci prequests, and magnus prequests done first. Remember to do Root Abyss daily because you need to do them 10 days to be able to do Chaos Root Abyss. Try to get to level 180 . At this level, you should be able to do most bosses. Being able to do all bosses will allow you opportunities to get carries.

As for meso farming, personally I'm one of those casual players who get their income from daily bosses. It's not as fast as meso farming on a kanna though. You can get 300m~500m mesos in an hour on a kanna with %meso drop. On the other hand, you might only get at most 100m~200m from bosses daily.

And don't forget to join a guild!!! they're very helpful :D