[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Re:zero

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
Out of the last 2 crossovers.
this is the worse one ever, way too much pay2win here.
if you agree, like and vote.

Nexon listens to players right?
Make this thread go big enough and they won't be able to ignore us.
the 2 problems with these boxes

1. they're more pricier than Philosopher books (please note the books cost 2.6k NX with Frenzy and Outlaw Hearts in them, these do not have them)
2. way too much junk vs content items
3. most content items are untradable.

Honestly can't express how let down i feel about this event, especially when I was looking forward to it.
DoughLilyflowerkrsk
  1. How do you feel about this event?38 votes
    1. Very disappointing
       61% (23 votes)
    2. Too much Pay to Win
       32% (12 votes)
    3. This event is great!
       8% (3 votes)

Comments

• XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    We already complained about this, and they ignored us. they didnt solve anything in the first place, so they're not gonna do anything to help us now.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    Xeratetsu wrote: »
    We already complained about this, and they ignored us. they didnt solve anything in the first place, so they're not gonna do anything to help us now.

you dont know that till the event is half way over, they can still change the rates of their box outcome or something.
    we should keep fighting for it.
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    Xeratetsu wrote: »

you dont know that till the event is half way over, they can still change the rates of their box outcome or something.
    we should keep fighting for it.

Theres definitely no harm in fighting for it, But i can guarantee you that they wont change a thing. They proved they dont mind making money on the back of screwing over players, so why would they change their boxes to make it easier to get what you want out of them? Then people would buy less boxes because they got what they want.
    What they want is for players to buy as many boxes as possible and to do that they made the decision to make the re:zero item rate garbage and to add in a bunch of filler items that nobody wants.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    In my opinion, the only thing that would make them change the boxes further (they already reduced the price a bit) is if they don't sell well.
    Nexon obviously thinks that there are enough people who would pay any price to get the Re:Zero items or the best medal, to cover the cost of bringing the event over.
    It remains to be seen whether they're right.
    TheNyanCat
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    I wish they would release the sets (CS wise) in boxes of each set...(Ya know, like the Heroes of Maple sets, and basically everything before that) seriously...I would actually BUY those. I don't buy these RNG boxes. That is kinda something I won't do ever. (Not when 200+ boxes won't get what I want...-stares at Lucid/Midnight sets-)
    JettLuvsUlink37890lormarkieIts2Sharp4UkrskCanadianPancaker
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I wish they would release the sets (CS wise) in boxes of each set...(Ya know, like the Heroes of Maple sets, and basically everything before that) seriously...I would actually BUY those. I don't buy these RNG boxes. That is kinda something I won't do ever. (Not when 200+ boxes won't get what I want...-stares at Lucid/Midnight sets-)

The CS boxes are okay, they have nice choices
    but the random boxes have way too much junk, such as Miracle scrolls.. Spell trace gives better stats and better rates than these scrolls and those are free -.-
    @Arwoo
  • lormarkielormarkie
    Reactions: 920
    edited May 2017

I agree, I really want to see the nx sets released in boxes. Im never going to complete a set if they just sell the random boxes ;/
    Please Nexon...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    They should make the Re:Zero Random Boxes, and Re:Zero Surprise Style Boxes have higher chances of getting Re:Zero items. Or make the boxes only give Re:Zero items.

Another option is to make packages or separate items to be bought directly.

This crossover is only going to happen once. Many players expected to obtain many sorts of clothing.

Statless titles from the Event itself is basically giving the middle finger to free players. The low rate of Re:Zero items from Cash Shop is giving the middle finger to players spending real money.

I'm not planning to drop money on something I may or may not get that's such at an abnormal rate. This crossover event so far has been a disastrous cash grab with nothing truly worth in free event content.
    Xenon92lormarkiePetalmagickrsk
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    It's not just the p2w aspect, the event itself is so disappointing.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    that 1 person that put this event Is great
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    Yea, the odds on getting the medal are so... wait, I can't get medals in Reboot. *cries*
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Tuba wrote: »

Like how there is an ORDER to do the quests so you don't die? or the whole "you hit some books by accident" and stuff...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    Tuba wrote: »

Like how there is an ORDER to do the quests so you don't die? or the whole "you hit some books by accident" and stuff...

I'm assuming is based on the Re:Zero storyline.
    When you make the wrong choices, the consequence is death. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the quest dialogue if you haven't watched the anime itself.

---

There are only 2 paths that you can take so you don't die at the end of Day 4:
    Path 1
    • Preparation of Meal
    • Bathroom Cleaning
    • Organization of Books
    • Shopping
    • Search for Insignia

Path 2
    • Shopping
    • Bathroom Cleaning
    • Organization of Books
    • Preparation of Meal
    • Search for Insignia
    ---

In each quest there are death flags.

Death Flags for maps objects.
    Preparation of Meal: Avoid weapon rack on right side.
    2016-10-30_214637.png

Bathroom Cleaning: Avoid faucets on right side.
    2016-10-30_203200.png

Organization of Books: Avoid piles of books stacked up to 3. The easiest way to finish the quest though it probably just staying in the portals in the middle of the map and using AOE skills.
    100e30d34dde5bdcef91e33a74eafae6.jpg

Other missions to avoid death flags.
    Shopping: Lith Harbor > Henesys > Perion > Ellinia > Kerning City. The importance is that you grocery shop in Kerning City last.

Search for Insignia: After finding the Insignia, during the conversation with Emilia choose the good-guy answer, "Set aside your business and help".

Source: r/MapleStory : We Should Make A Re:Zero Quest Guide.
  • EverenceEverence
    Reactions: 750
    edited May 2017
    13/50 is pretty bad for a RNG box, btw do board people ever come to the rants and raves section? I imagine they wouldn't because it sounds like its a pure complaints section, but I honestly hope they look at it for input, has anyone ever seen a monitor reply in this section?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    Everence wrote: »
    13/50 is pretty bad for a RNG box, btw do board people ever come to the rants and raves section? I imagine they wouldn't because it sounds like its a pure complaints section, but I honestly hope they look at it for input, has anyone ever seen a monitor reply in this section?

I believe the terms you were looking for is Moderator, Nexon Staff, or Volunteers. They haven't replied to this thread specifically, but they have commented on many other threads about the Re:Zero Event and it being forwarded for feedback:

Trash in the Re:Zero boxes.
    Anyone else think this was a bad anime event?
    Re:Zero Event Quests -- thumbs down.

Whether anything will come out of it isn't guaranteed.
  • psiPpsiP
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    Totally agree with the fact that nexon is giving the middle finger to both free and paying players via this Re:Zero event, particularly the Re:Zero random boxes. Re:Zero random boxes provide at approximately 90% rate worthless miracle scrolls and 9% rate for root abyss gear and 1% or less rate for the remaining items within the pool.