[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Trash in the Re:Zero boxes.

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited May 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »
    Aye RNG was definitely not on my side of the team last week when I was in search of the Cat Blanket chair (Still looking, I play Luna server)
    Just wish Nexon just keeps chairs out of the main gachapon and use the Chair Gachapon they have in its place.

But yea a few players I believe have the Re:Zero medal

Yeah i seriously dont understand why they have chairs still in gachapon smh.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited May 2017
    They should lower the price...Even Philo Book gives a better prizes. The zero rewards mostly are trash for 3200 NX/box. I'd rather buy the surprise box. Bleh...Bought 1 package and really trash inside..didn't get any single good one. All are trash
    edited May 2017
    Arwen wrote: »
    They should lower the price...Even Philo Book gives a better prizes. The zero rewards mostly are trash for 3200 NX/box. I'd rather buy the surprise box. Bleh...Bought 1 package and really trash inside..didn't get any single good one. All are trash

Wouldn't you rather they increase the chances of getting good items?
  • ArwenArwen
    edited May 2017

Wouldn't you rather they increase the chances of getting good items?

that's too.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Philos also gives two items per try and this only gives one. So, it costs more, gives more garbage, and only 1 item per try lol doesn't that sound nice??
    edited May 2017

Philos also gives two items per try and this only gives one. So, it costs more, gives more garbage, and only 1 item per try lol doesn't that sound nice??

I tried to understand why Nexon would do this and the only thing i could think of, is that they needed to pay the people of the Re:Zero $, so they jacked up our prices smh. I could 100% understand that though, what I don't understand is the blatant nerf to giving event-related stuff from the boxes. It's outright insulting to us the consumers.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I tried to understand why Nexon would do this and the only thing i could think of, is that they needed to pay the people of the Re:Zero $, so they jacked up our prices smh. I could 100% understand that though, what I don't understand is the blatant nerf to giving event-related stuff from the boxes. It's outright insulting to us the consumers.

I actually don't understand jacking prices to cover licensing.
    Yes, obviously they need to pay for the licensing.
    But if they thought that Re:Zero has so few fans in GMS, that they would need to resort to this absurd pricing to cover the cost of the license, then why did they bring us Re:Zero at all?
  • ArwenArwen
    edited May 2017

They even only give B-Ranks nebulite. Wtheck!!!
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

But if they thought that Re:Zero has so few fans in GMS, that they would need to resort to this absurd pricing to cover the cost of the license, then why did they bring us Re:Zero at all?

You can add that to one of the things we'll never truly know in Maple. You've been on these forums for quite a long time, do you think Nexon would adjust either the cost or the rewards given by these Re:Zero Random Boxes? It seems like this has been the worst RNG-type box they've ever released to date... surely they're at least aware of that.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited May 2017

Exactly, I am also thinking about that.

I don't know who made the business decision to put all the Re:Zero cosmetic items into the RNG boxes, because that person clearly isn't very good at his job. It feels like they are trying to tap into Re:Zero fanbase and at the same time squeeze as much money as they can from the Maple whales. But obviously, it isn't working out for them and right now they are only targeting the small subset of the Maple whales that likes Re:Zero.

You know what I would do if I am the one making the business decision? I would screw Re:Zero and not bring it over at all. I would introduce a new line of Lv210 wild card weapon with 600 WA/MA clean into marvel. This way, I will be targeting every whale in Maplestory and not just a subset. ;)

Also, seeing how they are running their collaboration now, I think it's safe to assume that every collaboration we get from now on will be held in a similar fashion. Everything in RNG boxes with a crap ton of junk added into it to maximize their profits.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Also, seeing how they are running their collaboration now, I think it's safe to assume that every collaboration we get from now on will be held in a similar fashion. Everything in RNG boxes with a crap ton of junk added into it to maximize their profits.

That depends on how well it's working out for them.
    If people really are buying these boxes by the dumpster-full, then sad to say but we deserve future events to be equally lottery style.
    If people are sitting this one out, then maybe future events will go back to the SAO/AToT model of selling the crossover cosmetics directly.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This is probably the worst lottery event we've had.

At least philos and marvel have a chance to be worth the cost.

These re:zero boxes may not even be worth at 1k each.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    This is probably the worst lottery event we've had.

At least philos and marvel have a chance to be worth the cost.

These re:zero boxes may not even be worth at 1k each.

1k each sounds fair enough, 3.2 is a scam at this point
    WillowRosenberg
  • WillowRosenbergWillowRosenberg
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    This garbage from Nexon reminds me of the early days of Gatch... I remember buying a pack of Gatch tickets in like 2006 or 2007 and getting garbage like an arrow and a green hawkeye.

I never bought another gatch ticket again after that. I could care less if Nexon fixed gatch to make it worth it. Nexon doesn't get second chances.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I've passed it on.
    edited May 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    What will come from this? Will Nexon fix how broken it is to get good items from the Re:Zero Random boxes?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017

That depends on how well it's working out for them.
    If people really are buying these boxes by the dumpster-full, then sad to say but we deserve future events to be equally lottery style.
    If people are sitting this one out, then maybe future events will go back to the SAO/AToT model of selling the crossover cosmetics directly.

Yep, like myself. I won't buy RNG boxes, but I WILL buy a set box...feels more worthwhile than gambling. With the Midnight/Lucid sets...I really wish they had been sold directly...it honestly might make more of a profit unless you want the random junk in RNG related boxes :T
    forumsareannoying
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    33 boxes here, I got one of the chairs and two of the same title (all the titles suck)
    forumsareannoying
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    What will come from this? Will Nexon fix how broken it is to get good items from the Re:Zero Random boxes?

Can't guarantee anything will come from this.